SPC Elite Invitational

all4AU

1 minute ago, TD1 said:

I don't believe it is. I'm having to listen to the broadcast on Auburn's site. 

So dumb. I'm tired of games being on stupid streaming platforms/channels that aren't in packages. I already spend way too much money for streaming just to watch sports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I don't believe it is. I'm having to listen to the broadcast on Auburn's site. On their schedule and click watch...

Go to their website 

Edited by AU1947

Not sure if anyone's doing play-by-play.

Penta gives up a single and a double to lead off the inning. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Gets a strikeout for out 1. Wild pitch, the throw and Penta get there in time but Penta tries to tag the upper body instead of the legs, and the runner is safe. A Sac fly for out two but the runner at 3rd scores. Strikeout to end the 2nd inning. 4-2 Auburn

If Penta would have applied the tag to the legs, it would still be 4-0.

• Thanks 1

Just listening on Auburn site while sitting at the drug store drive thru lol

May get to hear the entire game while sitting 😄 

Edited by AUBwins

Ellis fouls out to LF. Lisenby strikes out and I don't think she got the bat off her shoulder in 5 pitches. Garcia lines it right off the pitcher and is safe at 1st with a single. Blaine grounds out to the pitcher. 4-2 Auburn going to the bottom of the third.

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not sure if anyone's doing play-by-play.

Penta gives up a single and a double to lead off the inning. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Gets a strikeout for out 1. Wild pitch, the throw and Penta get there in time but Penta tries to tag the upper body instead of the legs, and the runner is safe. A Sac fly for out two but the runner at 3rd scores. Strikeout to end the 2nd inning. 4-2 Auburn

If Penta would have applied the tag to the legs, it would still be 4-0.

Not sure why she didn't put the glove down but for some reason she hesitated and was too late.  Doubt it would still be 4-0 though, because the other runner would have scored on the sac fly anyway.     Regardless I love what I see out of this team early on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Not sure why she didn't put the glove down but for some reason she hesitated and was too late.  Doubt it would still be 4-0 though, because the other runner would have scored on the sac fly anyway.     Regardless I love what I see out of this team early on.

Sac fly would have just been the 3rd out with the 2nd out being the tag out at home.

I'm so glad these games are on TV.  I didn't expect many of these early games away from Auburn to be on.  Love being able to watch these.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Sac fly would have just been the 3rd out with the 2nd out being the tag out at home.

OH, there was already one out wasn't there?  Of course.  :bricks:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I'm so glad these games are on TV.  I didn't expect many of these early games away from Auburn to be on.  Love being able to watch these.

Heck of a tourney to be able to watch.  Love softball because they try to match up great teams early in season. 

9 pitch at bat and extremely close to a strike out but instead it's a lead off walk. And runner steals second. Runner on 2nd with 0 outs. Sacrifice bunt to advance the runner to 3rd and 1 out. Strike out for out number 2. Another 3-2 walk. Runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. Another runner steals second, Lisenby didn't throw keeping the runner on 3rd. Ground out to 3rd ends the inning.

Great job by Penta to get out of that jam. 4-2 going to the 4th.

• Like 1

Bryant with a hard hit ball but a good snag for out 1.

McCondichie grounds out to the pitcher for out 2.

Packer grounds out to second for out 3.

Texas pitcher has settled in.

4-2 Auburn Bottom of the 4th

Great reaction and play by Bryant to get the 1st out!

Strikeout #5 for Penta!

Great play by Cox and throw for the out! 1-2-3 inning. Nice bounce back from Penta after 2 rough innings.

4-2 Auburn going to the 5th

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Cox with a shallow fly out for out 1.

Strikeout from Peralta for out 2.

Ellis with a single to start, hopefully, some 2 out magic!

Cooper, as a pinch runner, gets caught stealing for the 3rd out.

Hopefully we can get some insurance runs in the 6th. 4-2 Auburn

Maddie might be settling in (knock on wood) as she starts the half innning with strikeout #6.

WOW! Defense came to freaking play! Lisenby with a diving catch for out 2!!

Lisenby comes up right away and gets a single!!

Ground out up the middle but pretty much a sac bunt as the runner advances to second and Garcia out out first.

Blaine with a single, Smith comes around to score, and Blaine advances to 2nd on the throw! Insurance run, baby!!

5-2 Auburn!

Edit: Wrong player name.

Edited by tgrogan21

Texas starting pincher is out.

Pinch runner Geraghty advances to 3rd on a wild pitch on the new pitchers first pitch.

Bryant strikes out looking for out 2.

McCondichie reaches on an error, Geraghty scores! More insurance runs just like I wanted!

6-2 Auburn!

• Like 1

1 pitch 1 out, fly out to LF.

3 pitch strikeout. Maddie Penta's 8th of the day!

Aaaand another strikeout! She has retired the last 10! End of the 6th and Auburn still leads.

• Like 2

Cox hits the Texas pitcher in the cleat, goes to 2B, and she's out at 1st. Bad luck on that ricochet.

Peralta strikes out swinging.

Ellis with a 4 pitch walk. Lisenby strikes out swinging. Only negative I've seen so far this game ... 9 strikeouts.

3 outs away from a victory against top 10 Texas!

Single to start the inning for Texas.

LISENBY coming up huge this game on defense! Stops a pitch in the dirt, throws from her knees, and throws out the speedy pinch runner!

• Like 2