Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

AUBURN, Ala.—Auburn football has promoted wide receivers coach Eric Kiesau to offensive coordinator and defensive analyst Roc Bellatoni to edge linebackers coach and special teams coordinator, head coach Bryan Harsin announced Friday. The two have a combined 44 years of coaching experience, including 22 years of serving as coordinators. Harsin also has promoted secondary coach Zac Etheridge to Associate Head Coach.

"One of the biggest things our players and program needs going from year one to year two with us is consistency - consistency with the system, the coaches and our plan for success," Harsin said. "Coach Kiesau and Coach Bellantoni are excellent football coaches and teachers of the game with 44 years of Division I experience between them, including 22 combined years in coordinator roles. Both have been part of the relationship building process over this past year here at Auburn, with the team and staff. They understand fully and are bought in on our goal and process."

https://auburntigers.com/news/2022/2/18/auburn-football-promotes-kiesau-bellatoni-and-etheridge.aspx

Need someone who can recruit the south. All I care about at this point. He doesn't look like that guy, but I don't know anything about him other than his resume. 

• Like 1

Good, now all we need is an OC and we're ready to roll.

edit (5:40 pm): looks like we got that OC now so time to get it done.

Edited by IronMan70

Supposedly a good recruiter. South Fla connections like y'all said and NW. Good evaluator of talent. Watts is a great coach, but this guy seems like possibly a better recruiter. Just needs to get his 1-2 EDGES a year

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

28 years coaching experience and he's had one P5 job. I'm sure he's a good technical coach, but this is more of the same from Harsin - he didn't even take a "young up and coming" G5 coach. You're taking a bunch of little-known coaches with few if any ties to this region and expecting them to produce what Auburn expects.

Yep.

Solid resume.

• Haha 3

Auburn promotes Eric Kiesau to offensive coordinator

ByNATHAN KING 16 minutes ago

Please turn off your ad blocker if you wish to view this video.

SEC transfer portal winners and losers

Auburn is promoting internally for its next offensive coordinator.

Receivers coach Eric Kiesau, who started with the Tigers as an analyst last offseason, is being elevated to offensive coordinator, Bryan Harsinannounced Friday. Auburn is replacing its second OC of the offseason, after the Seahawks' Austin Davis stepped down from his post last month. Harsin fired Mike Boboafter one season in control of the offense.

"I've been fortunate enough to work with some really good coaches in my career, but very few have the offensive mind, the attention to detail and the overall plan for execution like Coach Harsin," Kiesau said in a release. "I'm fired up to work in a collaborative offensive environment like we have, from the head coach to the coordinator and position coaches to the analysts and all the way down to the graduate assistants. This gives you an opportunity to be successful, and our players feel that chemistry."

Kiesau took over the wide receivers room in Week 5, after Harsin fired the previous position coach, Cornelius Williams.

"One of the biggest things our players and program needs going from Year 1 to Year 2 with us is consistency — consistency with the system, the coaches and our plan for success," Harsin said. 

Kiesau served as Harsin's OC at Boise State for one season in 2020. He also has experience as a coordinator at Fresno State, Washington and Colorado.

Under Bobo, whom Harsin designated as his play-caller, Auburn eclipsed 30 points scored as an offense just twice in nine games against Power Five opponents, and the Tigers' efficiency took a nosedive in the second half of the year. Over its final seven games, Auburn scored just 25 points in the second half. 

25COMMENTS

Harsin said in December he's going to take more control of the offense in 2022, and all signs point to him being the Tigers' play-caller.

Included in Harsin's announcement Friday is that defensive analyst Roc Bellantoni is taking over outside linebackers and special teams, after Bert Watts left for the Broncos, and secondary coach Zac Etheridge is adding associate head coach to his duties.

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

• toddc changed the title to Auburn Promoted Eric Kiesau Internally for OC
4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Supposedly a good recruiter. South Fla connections like y'all said and NW. Good evaluator of talent. Watts is a great coach, but this guy seems like possibly a better recruiter. Just needs to get his 1-2 EDGES a year

He has 3 years of experience at FAU, and it came 6 years ago. Let's not pretend like this guy has 15 years coaching experience in Florida.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• RunInRed changed the title to Auburn Football promotes Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Haha good grief. Who tf is going to coach our QB’s? Harsin? Is Keasau the WR coach still? 

We waited all this time a ended up with the OC we all thought it would be back in January. Looks like nobody wants to come do that job for Harsin. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 4

Well, if he is going to go down at least he will go down swinging.

I still think recruiting is an unknown. I am hopeful, but the deck seems stacked against this coaching staff.

Kiesau is a actually a very good OC. He should be an upgrade .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I sense a tinge or frustration and disappointment from you. Glad I’m not alone. 

• Like 1