Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Haha good grief. Who tf is going to coach our QB’s? Harsin? Is Keasau the WR coach still? 

We waited all this time a ended up with the OC we all thought it would be back in January. Looks like nobody wants to come do that job for Harsin. 

Uh, Kiesau was Harsin's OC and QB coach at Boise in 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought everyone has been saying Kiesau doesn’t coach QB’s. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Expect him to be the same here now and a new wr coach that is a top level recruiter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ok I google searched it. You’re right. He has coached QB’s. Once……….for 1 covid season. I bet Calzada and Ashford are really liking their decision to come here at this point hahaha

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Expect him to be the same here now and a new wr coach that is a top level recruiter

Research who has coached receivers for Harsin at Boise, other than Kiesau. I’d put my money on that guy being our next WR coach.

Edit: It’s a guy named Matt Miller.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

5 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

Kiesau is a actually a very good OC. He should be an upgrade .

I don't know enough to say that he should be an upgrade but it is very easy for me to believe that he will be.

In fact, from a "coaching them up" perspective, I have zero problems with any of these moves.

It's the "them" part that remains alarming. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TJRanger175 said:

Kiesau is a actually a very good OC. He should be an upgrade .

Based off of what, exactly? Boise State fans said he was a good WR coach, but they weren't impressed at all when he took over the OC role. He doesn't have much history of success as an OC otherwise. Hokanson actually also reported that when Harsin couldn't hire Zak Hill, he wanted to promote Kiesau - but he actually declined because he thought he wasn't ready. Then he went out and hired Austin Davis.

Harsin is probably calling plays anyway so this isn't a surprising move, but the whole BS about this being a "national search" to make it look like a legitimate search is laughable. He just promoted internally, which he could have done weeks ago. If Kiesau actually turned this down once, that kinda makes this look even more dubious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok I google searched it. You’re right. He has coached QB’s. Once……….for 1 covid season. I bet Calzada and Ashford are really liking their decision to come here at this point hahaha

Neither were hot commodities with much of a chance playing any meaningful time barring injury. 

We waited almost 3 months for this. Harsin didn’t want Keisau as OC and Keisau possibly didn’t want Keisau as OC. So why should we?

Bring in guys who are proven recruiters in the south. Period. 

• Like 2

Just now, cbo said:

We waited almost 3 months for this. Harsin didn’t want Keisau as OC and Keisau possibly didn’t want Keisau as OC. So why should we?

We cannot afford to pay someone enough to come into this crap storm, have to work for harsin, and probably have to find a new job again next year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

South Florida connections are always nice.

2 years at FAU isn't really something to bang a drum about.  It's not like he spent a decade there in high positions.  Bring on the downvotes 

2020 – Utah State – Special Teams Coordinator/TE
2019 – Washington State – Interim Defensive Coordinator/LB
2018 – Buffalo – Special Teams Coordinator/DE
2017 – Buffalo – Director of Player Personnel
2014-16 – Florida Atlantic – Defensive Coordinator/LB
2012-13 – Villanova – Special Teams Coordinator/DL
2007-11 – Eastern Illinois – Associate Head Coach/ Defensive Coordinator/LB/DL
2007 – Eastern Illinois – Acting Head Coach
2002-06 – Eastern Illinois – Defensive Coordinator/LB
2001 – Eastern Illinois – Recruiting Coordinator/DL
2000 – Drake – Defensive Coordinator/LB
1998-99 – Drake – Defensive Line
1995-97 – Buena Vista – Defensive Line
1993-94 – Mamaroneck (N.Y.) HS – Offensive Line/ Defensive Line

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

True, but he'd already been with Harsin for 3 years at that point and had moved up from WR coach to co-OC to OC. He's also been an OC at 3 different P5 programs.

Harsin may be desperate or he may have a really good feeling that this will work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cbo said:

Square peg, meet round hole. 

Also, not trying to be “that” guy. But I grew up and played sports in Alabama. This whole, lemme fill my staff with white dudes from the upper mid west is super risky when you’re trying the recruit in the south. 

image.gif.4c7c2c8a5f97999c767d5f7096e95d18.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Are there top level recruiters available?

We haven't shown any signs of being able to attrack coaches currently employed 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Are there top level recruiters available?

We haven't shown any signs of being able to attrack coaches currently employed 

Does it still count if they're employed here? I kid.

Feels like it's gotta be Trovon. Or an NFL guy. 

• Like 2

This is exactly what we expected and knew was coming. It's sad that as fans we  are now in a holding pattern of waiting to see how bad will rock bottom be before we move on from Harsin. The poll recently posted comes to mind. Will Harsin learn from first year mistakes? Obviously not. A team of non recruiters outside of Etheridge. The Boise brand ain't gonna work in the SEC 

• Like 4

Did anyone honestly believe any big names would come in here this year after the horrible meddling and fabricated stories that were told? Even if you don’t believe there was meddling or lies being told, national perception is that there was. Perception is truth. If he wins and survives this year, coaches will come again. I believe these are self inflicted wounds that we will be dealing with the consequences of for a few years. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Dude...

• Like 2