Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

1 hour ago, metafour said:

28 years coaching experience and he's had one P5 job. I'm sure he's a good technical coach, but this is more of the same from Harsin - he didn't even take a "young up and coming" G5 coach. You're taking a bunch of little-known coaches with few if any ties to this region and expecting them to produce what Auburn expects.

Exactly. Glad to see Etheridge promoted, as he appears to be our best recruiter. Just like the CFP staying at 4 teams until 2025, I really don’t think any of it will matter to AU at this point. Too much has happened and we just don’t have the talent or the bodies to compete in the SEC. With that being said, I hope I’m very wrong and that Harsin does succeed. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Dead man walking. 

Just sucks he’s going to take what’s left of our dignity as a football program with him. I am not ready to watch us shoot for the moon in the SEC next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJRanger175 said:

I still think recruiting is an unknown. 

No, I think it’s pretty well know by now. I don’t think you’re gonna like the answer 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Too soon to say. If he accidentally wins too many this year, well... buckle up for the ride. 

Yeah this season is a waste dude, it pisses me off that it is. He should have been fired but no we would rather have a losing season and tank us even more in recruiting and put us possibly 2 or 3 years behind. Makes it worse for the next coach. 

I'm guessing maybe 6 wins this year if not less. 

Edited by autiger88

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The reality is none of this matters. No matter if we made the grand slam of all grand slam hires as OC or any of the other positions that are open there is not enough talent on this roster to win more than 7 games next season. We are in a holding pattern. Just waiting until Rane and Harbert get sick enough of Harsin to cut him a big check to go away.

This is true. I wanted Harsin to change things and he has, just not the way I wanted or expected. We are cellar dwellers for the next 2 years at least and maybe more. Even a home run hire of a new HC next year won’t fix the issues in time for another season. I think we are in for a repeat of the final year of baby Bowden. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just sucks he’s going to take what’s left of our dignity as a football program with him. I am not ready to watch us shoot for the moon in the SEC next season. 

Yep and I'm pretty pissed about it. We have officially became the Detroit lions of the SEC. 😡

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does it still count if they're employed here? I kid.

Feels like it's gotta be Trovon. Or an NFL guy. 

Trovon seems like the easy hire.  Hopefully he can find the inner zen with the WRs and get the on the field correctly.

High bar for Harsin's WR coach.

50 minutes ago, wcware said:

Did anyone honestly believe any big names would come in here this year after the horrible meddling and fabricated stories that were told? Even if you don’t believe there was meddling or lies being told, national perception is that there was. Perception is truth. If he wins and survives this year, coaches will come again. I believe these are self inflicted wounds that we will be dealing with the consequences of for a few years. 

Then hire someone that can recruit the area that isn't a big time name. How does this hire help with that at all?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

2 years at FAU isn't really something to bang a drum about.  It's not like he spent a decade there in high positions.  Bring on the downvotes 

2020 – Utah State – Special Teams Coordinator/TE
2019 – Washington State – Interim Defensive Coordinator/LB
2018 – Buffalo – Special Teams Coordinator/DE
2017 – Buffalo – Director of Player Personnel
2014-16 – Florida Atlantic – Defensive Coordinator/LB
2012-13 – Villanova – Special Teams Coordinator/DL
2007-11 – Eastern Illinois – Associate Head Coach/ Defensive Coordinator/LB/DL
2007 – Eastern Illinois – Acting Head Coach
2002-06 – Eastern Illinois – Defensive Coordinator/LB
2001 – Eastern Illinois – Recruiting Coordinator/DL
2000 – Drake – Defensive Coordinator/LB
1998-99 – Drake – Defensive Line
1995-97 – Buena Vista – Defensive Line
1993-94 – Mamaroneck (N.Y.) HS – Offensive Line/ Defensive Line

Glad to see he had some Pro experience with Buffalo.   We are talking the Bills, right? 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, wcware said:

Did anyone honestly believe any big names would come in here this year after the horrible meddling and fabricated stories that were told? Even if you don’t believe there was meddling or lies being told, national perception is that there was. Perception is truth. If he wins and survives this year, coaches will come again. I believe these are self inflicted wounds that we will be dealing with the consequences of for a few years. 

Well we won't win so does it really matter? 

This is a wasted year and everyone knows it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Glad to see he had some Pro experience with Buffalo.   We are talking the Bills, right? 

Nahhh...the other Buffalo - the one Allen Greene came from.

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Then hire someone that can recruit the area that isn't a big time name. How does this hire help with that at all?

It doesn't and that's the point Harsin is a Deadman walking lol. 

This whole thing is turning into a f’ing joke. I cannot believe they are letting this guy hire these people to coach a power 5 football program with a decent level of tradition and success.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Writing.  Wall.  With all these moves.

As in no one else would take the job?Job? Say it loud for those of us in the back

Edited by NWALA Tiger

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This whole thing is turning into a f’ing joke. I cannot believe they are letting this guy hire these people to coach a power 5 football program with a decent level of tradition and success.

Well what did you expect? We have a Deadman walking as a coach with a wasted season, plus already behind on recruiting and it will only get worse. 

All I can do is laugh at this point, because if I didn't I would go insane because its very obvious that this is a he doesnt give a crap anymore hire. 

Edited by autiger88

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Can’t we have ONE good move happen? I’m desperate for something mildly good to happen and this isn’t it.

We won't with Harsin. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wcware said:

I will just have to disagree. It’s been a huge national story and was very negative. Yes, there were trying to tear down the power structure and whether that’s right or wrong is up to you to decide but it added a ton more instability to an already unstable situation.

Just remember that there wasn't even a molehill for Auburn fans to turn into a mountain until national signing day, which Harsin saw come and go without an offensive coordinator or any new signees all on his own. It has nothing to do with the investigation. 

He's done nothing to improve the roster and of the five coaches that left, only one made a vertical move out. If anyone is scared off, it is by that and not by Auburn's boosters. Besides, isn't the whole point about this that everyone in college football already knew what Auburn boosters are like?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He’s biased to objective truth.

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1