Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So am I and he hasn't shown much, I was one of them that said we should fire Malzahn long before he got fired. 

Dude had a chance to show us something this past year but did he no he didn't, he failed and he is still failing. The cracks are evident whether you wanna see them or not is up to you. It started with the corn firing and has escalated from there. 🤷

He developed a QB and halfway installed an NFL offensive scheme, good enough for me for him to get two more years barring a major collapse next season.

• Like 3

People have been rooting for this coach to fail since day 1

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Criticizing these hires is fine, nothing wrong with critiquing them, however some of y'all are acting a wee bit childish on here.  I expect that out of posters like TB.

I have been trying to figure this out for 30 minutes.  😅  Who?

So am I and he hasn't shown much, I was one of them that said we should fire Malzahn long before he got fired. 

Dude had a chance to show us something this past year but did he no he didn't, he failed and he is still failing. The cracks are evident whether you wanna see them or not is up to you. It started with the corn firing and has escalated from there. 🤷

The Corn firing was absolutely the right move if the WRs couldn't line up or know the plays. Kiesau got production out of Shed Jackson which had not happened before but don't let me complicate the issue with observable facts. The War Rapport guys have a good line of logic said just now. Some Auburn fans are wanting Harsin to fail even if it means Auburn fails. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just now, abw0004 said:

I have been trying to figure this out for 30 minutes.  😅  Who?

Tigerbelle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

People have been rooting for this coach to fail since day 1

Hell, just read the giddiness from many in the rumor threads.  Shameful

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Look, I'm a show me type of person. There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning Harsin and some of his decisions. With responsibility come questions. I have some myself. What I am having issues with is the next step which is people not giving it a chance. Sure we can give Malzahn the chance time and again but not Harsin? I have even see a comment that is hedging if the moves are successful. 

Do you not understand strikes and chances are intertwined? The more strikes against you, the less chances you’re afforded.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE have Harsin a chance coming into last season. Then…

☑️ 25 points blown to MSU.

☑️ Loss to USC. 

☑️ Disastrous Iron Bowl collapse.

👍 Solid ENSD.

☑️ Another game lost due to management resulting in 5th straight L.

☑️ 3 year starting QB leaves.

☑️ 20 other players leave.

👍 Handful of super seniors and good players elect to return.

☑️ Strange choice for OC quits after week on the job.

☑️ Derek Mason takes downgrade and paycut to leave.

☑️ 0 players on NSD.

☑️ Roster needs not met in portal.

☑️ Former players speak out against him.

☑️ University investigation launched against him. 

A LOT more strikes against than seized opportunities.

In a way, each of these failures is a chance Harsin botched. He’s running out of chances.

Recruiting won’t save him. Politics won’t save him. Frankly he has one chance left - win in 2022. And that’s all he deserved. Maybe even more than he deserves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone have reactions from players on social media?  Those are the opinions that we should really value.  

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I disagree completely.

Everything was moving well and most everyone was on board and excited about CBH until MSU and the 5 game skid. Scheme...better. Player utilization...better. Play design...better. Things were moving positively.  People are choosing to focus on the negative. And a lot of that negative was pushed and perpetuated by many that never were behind CBH no matter what they said previously.

Sorry Bird but I have to disagree. Some people were against Harsin from the moment the vaccination situation occurred. He lost them then. Nothing he could have done once it happened. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

The Corn firing was absolutely the right move if the WRs couldn't line up or know the plays. Kiesau got production out of Shed Jackson which had not happened before but don't let me complicate the issue with observable facts. The War Rapport guys have a good line of logic said just now. Some Auburn fans are wanting Harsin to fail even if it means Auburn fails. 

We both listening rn lol

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's certainly one way to look at it.  Pessimistic and narrow minded but certainly a view.

Another would be he hired a guy that was highly suggested, it didn't work out, CBH was decisive and made the move.  

Would you had preferred CBH keeping Bobo?

Will CEK work out? I don't know and neither do yo, yet you choose to focus and treat it as a negative. I choose not to.

You can choose whatever point of view you like, bird. But I know you’re a coach. I have HCs in my family. I know they’re extremely protective of other coaches because they relate to them. HCs often automatically dismiss criticism because they believe they are on an elevated plane from the average fan’s viewpoint.

You’re in line behind the wrong guy with Harsin and deep down you know it. When 50 million things go wrong, you can’t excuse them all away. Living in denial makes no sense.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

And you’re butthurt over the butthurt. 

It isn’t going to be Harsin who truly crashes and burns. It’s going to be the program. I prefer not to have to wait 5 years until we’re competitive again.

Program is not going to crash and burn…😂

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do you not understand strikes and chances are intertwined? The more strikes against you, the less chances you’re afforded.

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE have Harsin a chance coming into last season. Then…

☑️ Loss to USC. 

👍 Solid ENSD.

☑️ 0 players on NSD.

In a way, each of these failures is a chance Harsin botched. He’s running out of chances.

Recruiting won’t save him. Politics won’t save him. Frankly he has one chance left - win in 2022. And that’s all he deserved. Maybe even more than he deserves.

I don't disagree with most of these points. I really don't. I share in the concern. The difference is I am not as willing as some to not give him a chance moving forward. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

You can choose whatever point of view you like, bird. But I know you’re a coach. I have HCs in my family. I know they’re extremely protective of other coaches because they relate to them. HCs often automatically dismiss criticism because they believe they are on an elevated plane from the average fan’s viewpoint.

You’re in line behind the wrong guy with Harsin and deep down you know it. When 50 million things go wrong, you can’t excuse them all away. Living in denial makes no sense.

It's viewing everything as negative that's the issue.  Everything that has happened is t a negative.  It's just being pushed that way by a certain faction

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I don't agree respectfully, you can't seriously blame that fully on corn can you? I mean really if he was that bad why did he have a job as long as he did with Troy? I mean c'mon he was a scapegoat and you know it.  

No we honestly don't want Harsin to fail we actually want him to be successful because if he fails Auburn fails, but we are just point out the cracks and there are a lot. So quit saying all of us have been against him since day 1. Why in the world would anybody be against him since day 1? That doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Exactly. Glad to see Etheridge promoted, as he appears to be our best recruiter. Just like the CFP staying at 4 teams until 2025, I really don’t think any of it will matter to AU at this point. Too much has happened and we just don’t have the talent or the bodies to compete in the SEC. With that being said, I hope I’m very wrong and that Harsin does succeed. 

I agree. 100%. And whatever is best for AU is what I want. If that's Harsin, fine. (Though I wonder if half the members switch teams cause they hate mean Harsin). I'm in till he's out. If not, fire him and let's get someone we can all agree on. Like he actually exists.....

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

☑️ Loss to USC. 

👍 Solid ENSD.

☑️ 0 players on NSD.

Gosh I hope you copy and paste! And don't think I disagree. I don't. But for goodness sakes give it a rest. Geesh. If we suck, we suck. But preemptive sucking is draining me. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's viewing everything as negative that's the issue.  Everything that has happened is t a negative.  It's just being pushed that way by a certain faction

We haven’t had a positive since the OL declared they’re returning basically. No staff moves or recruiting wins.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The same people clamouring to promote Trovon from an analyst to an on-field position are crapping on Harsin promoting another analyst to an on-field position.

One actually will recruit

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

☑️ Loss to USC. 

👍 Solid ENSD.

☑️ 0 players on NSD.

I admit Harsin made some mistakes...But not enuf 2 be removed after 1 year. Who is the right man for the job?

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Gosh I hope you copy and paste! And don't think I disagree. I don't. But for goodness sakes give it a rest. Geesh. If we suck, we suck. But preemptive sucking is draining me. 

You don’t preemptively suck in football. It’s a 365 game. Keisau is not a recruiter nor is Bellatoni. So our already horrible recruiting problems just got worse. Games are won and lost in CFB long before the fall.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Those are the opinions that we should really value

Well, only in certain situations 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I admit Harsin made some mistakes...But not enuf 2 be removed after 1 year. Who is the right man for the job?

I agree but he’s on very thin ice. I’ve always been a proponent of 3 years minimum but the past 2 months have changed my tune. I never expected us to be this bad at recruiting.

I don't agree respectfully, you can't seriously blame that fully on corn can you? I mean really if he was that bad why did he have a job as long as he did with Troy? I mean c'mon he was a scapegoat and you know it.  

No we honestly don't want Harsin to fail we actually want him to be successful because if he fails Auburn fails, but we are just point out the cracks and there are a lot. So quit saying all of us have been against him since day 1. Why in the world would anybody be against him since day 1? That doesn't make sense. 

We can agree to disagree. I do not know if Corn was fully to blame or not. Most of us will never "KNOW". I know this, the WR play progressed this past season. Some of the players making that progress wasn't making it with others. To me that means developing players. The pressure at Troy is way different than at Auburn. Some coaches are good at lower levels and worse as the competition increases. Corn wouldn't be the first if that were the case. Again, I do not know. 

Again we can agree to disagree. There are some people that want Harsin to fail at all cost. That means up to and including having Auburn fail. People were on board until the vaccination situation happened and then they wanted him fired unquestionably. I read it with my own eyes here and elsewhere.

The best thing about this is that resonable people can agree to disagree as long as neither party gets in their feelings and act childish.