Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge

Tony4AU

46 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I agree but he’s on very thin ice. I’ve always been a proponent of 3 years minimum but the past 2 months have changed my tune. I never expected us to be this bad at recruiting.

I understand your frustration.  But some of it is misdirected. Harsin has had 1 cycle and finished top 20 . As for the current state of recruiting,  throw some blame on the AU administration.  They did more damage to AU football and Harsins job in the last 2 weeks than the REC could have dreamed of doing. A bogus investigation announced to the public by Gouge, that found nothing. All the while Harsin and family were drug thru mud. I respect the man for not taking the money and running. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Some nations are rather small.   Auburn’s campus must be a nation now. 

Edited by cptau
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn fans are not going to accept being lesser than UGA and Alabama. And rightfully so. We can never ever act like those losses don’t count.

Auburn fans shouldn't accept the losses to anyone. Pat Dye called it Amen corner for a reason though and I hate that phrase. I take great issue with this past season's record. If Auburn only lost to bama and uga so be it. The greater issue is the losing streak at the end of the season

Pat Dye while calling it Amen corner did not play a national title winner at uga and only one at bama. Dye was 5-5-1 in 1992. The Stallings national title team of 1992 wasn't his problem that season. It was the other teams. Had Harsin not lost to teams that didn't play for the national title we wouldn't be sitting here having this discussion. So Harsin just needs to start winning the winnable games. Even the bama game was winnable. The margin of victory in those losses were minimal. The sky is not falling.

I also don't subscribe to the not being able to recruit. They did well this season. Not great and one could argue a less volitile situaion in LSU would have made the situation worse. One could also argue that the needs were not met. I would agree with that but I don't place it all at the feet or Harsin and staff. Auburn doesn't play to win at the highest of levels. Auburn plays to succeed. It is a much lower bar. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Auburn fans shouldn't accept the losses to anyone. Pat Dye called it Amen corner for a reason though and I hate that phrase. I take great issue with this past season's record. If Auburn only lost to bama and uga so be it. The greater issue is the losing streak at the end of the season. 

Pat Dye while calling it Amen corner did not play a national title winner at uga and only one at bama. Dye was 5-5-1 in 1992. The Stallings national title team of 1992 wasn't his problem that season. It was the other teams. Had Harsin not lost to teams that didn't play for the national title we wouldn't be sitting here having this discussion. So Harsin just needs to start winning the winnable games. Even the bama game was winnable. The margin of victory in those losses were minimal. The sky is not falling.

I also don't subscribe to the not being able to recruit. They did well this season. Not great and one could argue a less volitile situaion in LSU would have made the situation worse. One could also argue that the needs were not met. I would agree with that but I don't place it all at the feet or Harsin and staff. Auburn doesn't play to win at the highest of levels. Auburn plays to succeed. It is a much lower bar. 

Idk what your last two lines mean.

But a big reason UGA and Alabama weren’t as powerful back then was BECAUSE of Dye. Us and Tennessee being down are directly responsible for those two teams riding all time highs. There isn’t going to be an easy way around this. We’re going to have to knock them off the mountain. 

Finishing 10th in the conference in recruiting (which is where we are when you subtract Tre Donaldson) isn’t going to get it done. And frankly, even on our worst years, Auburn should never finish that low in recruiting. 

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I understand your frustration.  But some of it is misdirected. Harsin has had 1 cycle and finished top 20 . As for the current state of recruiting,  throw some blame on the AU administration.  They did more damage to AU football and Harsins job in the last 2 weeks than the REC could have dreamed of doing. A bogus investigation announced to the public by Gouge, that found nothing. All the while Harsin and family were drug thru mud. I respect the man for not taking the money and running. 

I do too but at the same time, if he had left his HC career would be essentially over. He had to stay. Unless he just wants money. And I don’t peg CBH as a guy who’s just about money.

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

So u are throwing shade at the writer of the article about not going national?

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I do too but at the same time, if he had left his HC career would be essentially over. He had to stay. Unless he just wants money. And I don’t peg CBH as a guy who’s just about money.

Give him a chance 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Point being AU Administration has done Harsin no favors and made his job twice as tough. Basically,  he is a 1 legged man in an a$$ kicking contest 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Give him a chance 

As I said earlier, I have given him many chances already. But they’re running out. Got to win this fall or he should be gone. 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Point being AU Administration has done Harsin no favors and made his job twice as tough.

Did they just do this for no reason? Of course not. CBH brought it on himself. The admin botched the investigation and Harsin has made major missteps. Both can be (and are) true.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

As I said earlier, I have given him many chances already. But they’re running out. Got to win this fall or he should be gone. 

Ok. You should be calling for the job of whoever started the investigation 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I think WAY too many people are forgetting how these things work.

8 EFFIN DAYS ago the man was 'announced' as the returning head coach (that's so JABA). This is after weeks of rumor/"internal investigations" and after having made a hire 6 weeks prior for the OC who went AWOL (a HUGE hire at the time, btw).

Harsin couldn't realistically set up a single interview until the university 'returned' him to head coach status. He couldn't even think about making a new hire while his ass was hanging out there in national TV. Certain things have to happen first.

As for the Mason situation- the only 2 people who actually know that story are never going to say publicly what really happened. Something doesn't add up but nobody can say for certain what led to the change.

If you're Harsin and you get backed into a corner, you get your boys beside you and fight your way out or die trying. I admire his resolve.

EQUALLY- If he fails, it's on him, and on to the next. Auburn is bigger than 1 guy, we'll be fine in the long run either way.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok. You should be calling for the job of whoever started the investigation 

The investigation was warranted. Now if any admin were connected to the affair rumor, they should be gone. But the investigation 100% should have happened. Should have been kept quiet though. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Did they just do this for no reason? Of course not. CBH brought it on himself. The admin botched the investigation and Harsin has made major missteps. Both can be (and

Oh , they had a reason to do it. To dig up dirt on Harsin

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

The investigation was warranted. Now if any admin were connected to the affair rumor, they should be gone. But the investigation 100% should have happened. Should have been kept quiet though. 

How do u know it was warranted? What did it turn up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Hope you’re right. Have no idea what you’re basing that on though.

Because it’s Auburn. In the SEC, top 5 fanbase. Prime location to lure talent. Essentially a sleeping giant of a program…Harsin may fail but Auburn will rebound, just like other programs have.

3 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Well we won't win so does it really matter? 

This is a wasted year and everyone knows it. 

You’re like that one lone dark cloud at a picnic during a beautiful spring day aren’t you.

• Haha 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

How do u know it was warranted? What did it turn up?

Really, dude? 

When you can come up with a logical explanation of a guy like Derek Mason moving 1000 miles to freaking Oklahoma to take a lateral job at a worse program for less pay… then you can dismiss the investigation. That was unprecedented. So is a 3 year legacy starting QB leaving without a head coaching change. So is a strange OC pick quitting after a week on the job. So was our number of exports vs. imports.

There absolutely was need for an investigation to determine what in the hell was going on with our program.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Because it’s Auburn. In the SEC, top 5 fanbase. Prime location to lure talent. Essentially a sleeping giant of a program…Harsin may fail but Auburn will rebound, just like other programs have.

I didn’t say we wouldn’t rebound. I said we would crash. We crashed in 2012. We crashed in 98. We crashed in 2008. It’s not fun and I’d like to avoid it if possible.

And PS, it’s going to be harder to do a full rebuild in a 16 team conference with Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, UGA, LSU, Alabama, and TAMU.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

His wife likes very expensive designer clothes......

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

It is but he was only in danger of being poached because we were in total disarray caused by the whole investigation mess. So I don’t know that putting out a self-inflicted fire is a win.

I understand your reasoning. I would also say that going through your list of negatives they can be reduced as negatives using other “facts”. In the least my point is that whatever happened, having ZE as a coach is still very much a positive and having him in a higher position than before should also be seen as a positive.

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Promotions for Kiesau, Bellatoni and Etheridge
18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Really, dude? 

When you can come up with a logical explanation of a guy like Derek Mason moving 1000 miles to freaking Oklahoma to take a lateral job at a worse program for less pay… then you can dismiss the investigation. That was unprecedented. So is a 3 year legacy starting QB leaving without a head coaching change. So is a strange OC pick quitting after a week on the job. So was our number of exports vs. imports.

There absolutely was need for an investigation to determine what in the hell was going on with our program.

Ok DUDE, so what did it turn up? In 2017 Dan Enos left after 1 year as Bamas OC coordinator for the same role at Miami under Manny freaking Diaz.. No investigation was launched... It happens..What it turned up was a bunch of players that Malzahn babied and had trouble when they were held accountable

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1