Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

That s*** is on Bruce. He had no business giving Wendell the ball on that possession with the game on the line. Arky last possession and last possession of this 1st half Green was clueless. I love Bruce and wouldn’t trade him for anything, but that was stupid.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Smh. War eagle anyways. Also glad somebody created a game thread before me and screwed with the mojo. I'm honestly so pissed at Wendell right now I can't speak. War eagle 

Was just thinking the same damn thing. We haven't won in Gainesville since 1996 and never score 70 there but someone HAD to start a game thread other than you. I am so pissed off at Green and Bruce because Zep should have been in there running the point to end the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

We don't have the guard play to make a run. Unreliable and choking in the moment.. too many turnovers to make a run in March. Pearl needs to coach these guys up. 

Turnovers were out of control. 

• Like 1

This team eill be hard pressed to get past the round of 16 with the guard play that we have. No shooters, bad decisions, no perimeter defense. Need to step up recruiting at the guard spot

Edited by tigers23
  • Like 1

Ya know. I’ve never bought into conspiracy theory crap. But I’m more and more noticing that officiating seems to follow whatever is best for the conference at a given time. Two key no calls in the closing seconds, that would’ve probably won us the game. But Florida winning was better for the conference I guess. Eff the SEC and Eff the folks in the stripes. 

• Like 1

We are not the complete team many have made us out to be. There are flaws that can be exploited and when that happens we are a completely different team. 

• Like 2

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Was just thinking the same damn thing. We haven't won in Gainesville since 1996 and never score 70 there but someone HAD to start a game thread other than you. I am so pissed off at Green and Bruce because Zep should have been in there running the point to end the game.

Last time somebody did this, and I'm not naming names, we lost against Alabama when we were undefeated 

• Angry 1

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we have the worst guard play out of any contender currently, and I don’t see how it gets much better with the literal zero margin of error we have now going forward. This is unfortunately the pendulum with Pearl’s philosophy (at least at Auburn). The guards consume so much of the offense

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Ya know. I’ve never bought into conspiracy theory crap. But I’m more and more noticing that officiating seems to follow whatever is best for the conference at a given time. Two key no calls in the closing seconds, that would’ve probably won us the game. But Florida winning was better for the conference I guess. Eff the SEC and Eff the folks in the stripes. 

Yep. It’s why the turds were able to score in on their last drive of the iron bowl to send it to overtime. Refs refused to call the four obvious penalties against them on that drive. What can we do? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve noticed the last four or five of our games, we just are not allowed to play as physical as the other team. We have to separate to avoid foul calls while the other team gets to maul our guys. It’s beyond tiring to watch one team have to play with a handicap. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

We don't have the guard play to make a run. Unreliable and choking in the moment.. too many turnovers to make a run in March. Pearl needs to coach these guys up. 

Far too inconsistent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

I hate to say it, but this team is regressing.  We are more than likely going to get another L at UT.  

Don’t exaggerate. Winning on the road is hard. 

At least we know we'll be 2-2 the rest of the year.  SEC tourney probably won't be pretty.   End up a 3 seed.  Team went the wrong direction at the wrong time.  Shame.  

• Like 2

Love BP, but not his finest coaching at the end of the game with timeout use and that last play. WG has shown multiple times that he is not the guy to handle late clock situations. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Offense HAS to run through Jabari first and Kessler second in moments like that. He can get his shot off anywhere on the floor or get a foul. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Green’s execution on the last play cost us the Arky game too.   
As good as Jabari and Kessler are, our guards are going to keep us from making a very deep run!!!

Both halves' final plays were mismanaged in this game. With the way Jabari is playing, you get the ball in his hands and let him take the final shot. 

I get that Wendell was great early season to close out games but he's just not anymore. I don't think Zep stepped on the court again after those BS fouls. That's ridiculous to take your best perimeter defender out for the last 7-10 minutes of the game.

• Thanks 1

This one is on Bruce. I’ve been saying it. Wendell will cost us games with his turnovers and lack of decision making. You have 7 seconds left and don’t even throw up a shot. 

2 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

At least we know we'll be 2-2 the rest of the year.  SEC tourney probably won't be pretty.   End up a 3 seed.  Team went the wrong direction at the wrong time.  Shame.  

No doubt. When we went to the Final Four last time, we were the hottest team in the country. This year we are going the wrong direction and now relying on Jabari to score 30-35 to win a game. 

• Like 1

Offense HAS to run through Jabari first and Kessler second in moments like that. He can get his shot off anywhere on the floor or get a foul. 

This is like 2k when you say "run offense through x player". Good thing I'm not the coach, Jabari would only be on the bench 2 mins per game lol

• Like 1