Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

UF made a lot of lucky shots, and we played poorly WAY TOO OFTEN, but this is 100% on the refs.   Not even close!!!   They gift wrapped that one!!!   Even on the last play, Kessler was fouled.   I really hope Bruce sends a bunch of film to the SEC office this week.   That was the most one sided officiating I’ve ever seen!!!  Just pathetic!!!

That's because many of ours were phantom fouls. You look at the stats on PFs and it's AU 17, FLA 16.

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This ain’t a one game thing though. The guards have had a horrible shooting percentage for many games in a row now. 

Easy now, someone will tell you to stop exaggerating.  If people can’t see that we are getting worse, then they need to take the o&b glasses off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Don’t exaggerate. Winning on the road is hard. 

Florida’s a pretty meh team. They were another L from the NIT more than likely. If you can’t beat them in a road game, you’re not going out to the Midwest or whatever region we end up in and winning many games 

• Like 1

Our guard play kills us at times with horrible passing and shot selection, but they just seem to dig in and keep doing the same crap even more. It’s like they don’t understand they’re hurting the team or they simply don’t care. I don’t know which one it is. Bruce has got to get a hold on this and start yanking players that are hurting the team by playing stupid.

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Zep isn’t a scorer but I’ve got to believe he at least gives us a better look at the end of the game like that. 

He's more experienced and has a cooler head. We need that at the end of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

What a really stupid effing play call/execution.

I don't have a problem with Jabari in the corner, that's his money spot 

At this point the flaws of this team are becoming more glaring. Can’t depend on fouls calls to help u when games being the #2 in the country. Idk it’s gonna be tough to make a final 4 run if this keeps up

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yeah, but what the eff was Flan doing? This was 4 seconds after inbounding it. Why was he that far away?

• Like 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, but what the eff was Flan doing? This was 4 seconds after inbounding it. Why was he that far away?

Oh I agree on that, but with flan it's not surprising at this point 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUatHeart said:

This loss just pisses me off.  We went in there and let UF bully us the entire time.  

Well, any time we tried to push back, we got called for fouls. Lol. 

Tough loss, but it happens on the road in the SEC.  Some things to clean up - turnovers and shot selection by everyone not named Jabari.

Chill on Wendell a bit. No doubt the kid is playing his heart out for Auburn.  He's been in a bit of a rut, will heat back up eventually... just hope it happens soon.  He's put it all on the line for us, regardless.

I think Bruce will learn from this last possession and AK, the way the team responded.  Take the L here vs final seconds in a game in the tourney.  Pretty clear the ball has to get to Jabari. 

War Eagle everyone.  Still very proud of this team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I don't have a problem with Jabari from anywhere on the court. Why they didn't prioritize getting the ball in his hands is beyond me.

15 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

At least we know we'll be 2-2 the rest of the year.  SEC tourney probably won't be pretty.   End up a 3 seed.  Team went the wrong direction at the wrong time.  Shame.  

Yeah, I fear we may have peaked too early.  What a waste of such a great game by Jabari.  Wendell seems to have regressed.  Hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be so mad if Wendell didn't stop TWICE in countdown time because the loading wheel started spinning up

loading.gif

• Sad 1

We could win it all or get beat by a 14 seed that plays with heart and cohesion.  Jabari may be the best player we have ever had, but collectively, the overall team is weak ATM