Pics AU v UF- (1) 1.9 Secs. Remain (2) "No Foul" Pass to Kessler.

IronMan70

This game is history but to put a final period on it as we move on, here are 2 revealing pics at the end of the game.

We now know the play was to get Green to the basket, using a pass to and a handoff from, Kessler. But Florida had decided to stop any drive with a double team and Castleton leaves Kessler wide open to do this. If Green recognizes this earlier, pulls up and lauches a high ally oop pass over Castleton, Kessler is right there for the pass and a slam dunk game winner. That is on us. 

This pic shows the spacing on the floor with 1.9 seconds to go.

4910afcf-e61a-43de-8751-02b0b3cb509a-jpeg.183753

The late pass he did make was "tipped" away. Here is the photo of that "no foul tip" by the Florida defender. Notice his arm is actually inside Kessler's arm, pulling Kessler's forearm away from the ball. That is not on us.

5c73caeb-f327-4e79-bced-cbcaccb28f5c

So there you have it, an issue each way, it is what it is and we move on.

4 GAMES TO GO.......LET'S WIN 'EM ALL.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

• IronMan70 changed the title to Pics AU v Fla- (#1) 1.9 Secs. Remain (#2) "No Foul" Pass to Kessler.

So many missed opportunities in this game!!!

UF got some huge shots to fall during crunch time, they got some help from the zebras, but we still should have won this game comfortably!!!  Too many TOs, too many bad decisions by our guards, we let UF dictate the pace too often, guards were 0-8 3 point shooting, etc., etc..  It was one of our worst performances of the year.   Maybe a February slump is something we needed to get hot in March!🤞

• Like 4

If people on here think that the last play was a blown official’s call that cost AU the game, you are clueless.   I didn’t think a worse play at the end of a game (Arkansas game) would happen again, but it did.    Flanigan completely messed up the spacing and brought his defender  into the play causing a three on two situation.   

• Like 1

Actually, it's KD messing up the spacing (somewhat). You can see it in the first still. He's supposed to be parked in the corner. On the playside, you want a guy roughly where Flanigan/KD are on the elbow, a guy in the corner, and you bring Jabari up from the corner so that his man can't help on the backside of the play. 

It wasn't a terrible play, but we didn't foresee them ducking the screen and walling off Wen. Which brought their length into the play because he didn't feel like he had an angle for the pass to Kessler over the top. Good job by Mike White mixing up the defense on the high screen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

If people on here think that the last play was a blown official’s call that cost AU the game, you are clueless.   I didn’t think a worse play at the end of a game (Arkansas game) would happen again, but it did.    Flanigan completely messed up the spacing and brought his defender  into the play causing a three on two situation.   

If they did think that it would be the incorrect interpretation. What the pic shows is there was a foul and a fairly severe one, not that it cost the game. That was done earlier. I would start with the 17 turnovers for that discussion.

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Not an either/or. Shouldn’t have come to that, but it was definitely a foul.

• Like 2

• IronMan70 changed the title to Pics AU v UF- (1) 1.9 Secs. Remain (2) "No Foul" Pass to Kessler.

They're never going to call that on the road. They don't have enough security. Situation reversed UF gets two FT. Let's move on.

The UF defender literally has his hand on the ball. It wasn't a foul and, even if it was, no one is getting that call, in that situation, on the road.

And don't get me started on the argument that Wendell should have just lobbed it to Kessler. Wendell is listed at 5'11" (which means he's probably 5'9") and Castleton is laying off guarding the pass. Wendell left his feet literally AS that screenshot is being taken and the pass just wasn't open. It was well defended by UF and we should be moving on to the next one. 

I hope we make Kermit cry tomorrow night!

1 hour ago, BigSammyK said:

The UF defender literally has his hand on the ball. It wasn't a foul and, even if it was, no one is getting that call, in that situation, on the road.

And don't get me started on the argument that Wendell should have just lobbed it to Kessler. Wendell is listed at 5'11" (which means he's probably 5'9") and Castleton is laying off guarding the pass. Wendell left his feet literally AS that screenshot is being taken and the pass just wasn't open. It was well defended by UF and we should be moving on to the next one. 

I hope we make Kermit cry tomorrow night!

Them calling it is a separate issue. His arm is inside making hard contact with Kessler's arm, it's a foul.

You see all the open space between Kessler and the basket. Castleton wasn't laying off, he was moving forward and already out to the FT line to meet the drive. That created the open space for Kessler. Instead of driving into the double team and cutting off his passing angle, which was the problem, if Green pulls up on his drive he creates the spacing to get the pass over the taller player. We see it in almost every game.  

Yes, Kermit crying would be great, lol. 

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Them calling it is a separate issue. His arm is inside making hard contact with Kessler's arm, it's a foul.

You see all the open space between Kessler and the basket. Castleton wasn't laying off, he was moving forward and already out to the FT line to meet the drive. That created the open space for Kessler. Instead of driving into the double team and cutting off his passing angle, which was the problem, if Green pulls up on his drive he creates the spacing to get the pass over the taller player. We see it in almost every game.  

That is a terrible picture to say that was a foul.   I have only watched the play a couple of times and from what I saw it was a non call.   The ball was tipped and both players were going for the ball.   All this “it was a foul” is crying and sounds like a bunch whiners from the other side of the state.    Everyone should be concerned with execution of the play in the last two away games of the final seconds of regulation.   The 36 foot 3 ball in the Arkansas game and then this one should give everyone a pause on what Auburn will do in future games when it gets down to crunch time.   
There has to be a better play to run than these last two.   I hope the coaches can come up with something better 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:48 PM, IronMan70 said:

This game is history but to put a final period on it as we move on, here are 2 revealing pics at the end of the game.

We now know the play was to get Green to the basket, using a pass to and a handoff from, Kessler. But Florida had decided to stop any drive with a double team and Castleton leaves Kessler wide open to do this. If Green recognizes this earlier, pulls up and lauches a high ally oop pass over Castleton, Kessler is right there for the pass and a slam dunk game winner. That is on us. 

This pic shows the spacing on the floor with 1.9 seconds to go.

4910afcf-e61a-43de-8751-02b0b3cb509a-jpeg.183753

The late pass he did make was "tipped" away. Here is the photo of that "no foul tip" by the Florida defender. Notice his arm is actually inside Kessler's arm, pulling Kessler's forearm away from the ball. That is not on us.

5c73caeb-f327-4e79-bced-cbcaccb28f5c

So there you have it, an issue each way, it is what it is and we move on.

4 GAMES TO GO.......LET'S WIN 'EM ALL.

Even if Kessler controls it does he still have enough time to slam it home?

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Even if Kessler controls it does he still have enough time to slam it home?

I think Kess would even at 1.9 but Green was too close to the double team by then. Pulling up not only gives Green the angle but also puts the pass in play with more time on the clock. Funny thing, I was watching the Arky v UF game tonight and the exact same play happened at about 3 min. to go. Castleton leaves his man, moves to the foul line on a double team but in this case the Arky player passes the ball over Castleton's head to the wide open man for the bucket.

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

That is a terrible picture to say that was a foul.   I have only watched the play a couple of times and from what I saw it was a non call.   The ball was tipped and both players were going for the ball.   All this “it was a foul” is crying and sounds like a bunch whiners from the other side of the state.    Everyone should be concerned with execution of the play in the last two away games of the final seconds of regulation.   The 36 foot 3 ball in the Arkansas game and then this one should give everyone a pause on what Auburn will do in future games when it gets down to crunch time.   
There has to be a better play to run than these last two.   I hope the coaches can come up with something better 

It's a great picture taken at the perfect time, lol. You might be reading too much into this. You can analylize a play and conclude it was a foul but not determine it should have been called. That's where I stand on the play which I thought was pretty clear. Breaking down a play is one thing, that's analyzing. Saying it should have been called is quite another and might fit into your whining bammer analogy.   

20 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I think what you're not realizing is that Jones beat Kessler to the ball and that his hand is the one on the ball. Kessler's is on top of his. If you're really going to try to argue a foul it could just as easily been said that as Jones was gaining possession Kessler came over the top of his arm and created the contact. There's just absolutely no foul.

AU_UF_01.png

As for Castleton's defense: He wasn't moving forward. He started at the 3-point line and started to follow Kessler but then just camped at the foul line to guard any sort of entry pass over his head. I'm telling you -- it was defended incredibly well. Kessler wasn't getting that ball clean no matter how well Wendell plays it.

4 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

As for Castleton's defense: He wasn't moving forward. He started at the 3-point line and started to follow Kessler but then just camped at the foul line to guard any sort of entry pass over his head. I'm telling you -- it was defended incredibly well. Kessler wasn't getting that ball clean no matter how well Wendell plays it.

Which is why the ball probably should have gone to KD in that situation to let him make the drive. But it's all part of the game, and they defended us well the whole way through.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:41 AM, aubaseball said:

It's a foul. I don't see anybody b*tching about the ramifications. Auburn are the best in the country about not doing that crap so why cast it? This is a quiet little thread.

5 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

I think what you're not realizing is that Jones beat Kessler to the ball and that his hand is the one on the ball. Kessler's is on top of his. If you're really going to try to argue a foul it could just as easily been said that as Jones was gaining possession Kessler came over the top of his arm and created the contact. There's just absolutely no foul.

AU_UF_01.png

It's hard to tell in your pic but for Jones to have his hand on the ball in that pic, it would have to be after the foul in the pic I posted. The pic I posted clearly shows Kess has 2 hands on the ball as he makes the turn to the the basket, Jone's hand has not made contact with the ball yet, that's his big mitt on the top, but he has already made contact with Kess's arm. On Castleton, I don't know if you saw the reference, almost the same thing happened at 3 min to go in the Arky v UF game last night but Arky got the basket with a pass over his head. Anyway, good convo.