Juwan Howard

TigerPAC

discipline or fire?  discuss as you will.

imo, he should be already fired.   if i did that on my job, i would have been canned on the spot; no questions asked and legalities be damned.

Edited by TigerPAC
  • Like 2

He should be fired. This isn't his first incident either. Last season he got ejected against Maryland and had to be restrained because he kept trying to confront the Maryland coach.

In his post game press conference yesterday Howard said he didn't like Wisconsin taking a timeout with 14 seconds left and being up 15 points. Yet Howard had his team putting a full court press on Wisconsin that led to the timeout. It was ok for his team to play hard and not let up but then he gets ticked because Wisconsin wasn't conceding anything either. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Saying if it had happened at my job isn't a good reason to say that's why someone should be fired. 

and i did not say that is why he should be fired.  geez.  nevermind

14 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

and i did not say that is why he should be fired.  geez.  nevermind

Lol ok so you didn't mean discuss. My bad

Easily fired. If it was his first incident within the last 12 months you can maybe get away with suspending him the rest of the season but he has shown that he has an inability to keep his temper in check. Can't throw a tantrum, act like a child, and try to physically assault people anytime you don't like something.

I saw it on live TV and was afraid it was gonna get really ugly.  Reminded me a bit of the Malice in the Palace, which I saw on live TV as well.

The officials are taking their sweet time on reporting a resolution.

Jawan has had notable incidents in the past, but this was on another level.

The other head coach did make first physical contact (arm grab, I believe), but claimed he was just trying to explain why he called the timeout.  I don't know what the assistant coach said that made Jawan decide to throw a punch (or slap, whatever it was).

I'm not sure why Jawan had his team full-court pressing when the other team put their scrubs in.

I'm not sure what the punishment should be, but I think it's gotta be strong.

9 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

The other head coach did make first physical contact (arm grab, I believe), but claimed he was just trying to explain why he called the timeout.  I don't know what the assistant coach said that made Jawan decide to throw a punch (or slap, whatever it was).

A lot of people are trying to act like Gard restrained him and that's just not the case. He put his hand on his elbow which is what a lot of coaches do when shaking hands and they were in the handshake line. There's actually a video completion of interactions in the past where Juwan/Gard have shook hands and touched each other on the elbow. So why would Gard think that it's not okay now? Juwan took offense to the touch and told Gard not to touch him and Gard immediately took his hands off of him and then 1 second later, Juwan had grabbed Gard by the jacket and started to get in Gard's face. Gard never touched him again after he realized it had offended Juwan.

If Juwan was still so pissed off he didn't have to get in the line to shake hands. He purposefully did so and then as he walking towards Gard said "We'll remember this the next time we play." Also, if the assistant had said something, I think Juwan would have mentioned it in the post game presser when asked why he did what he did. Instead he said he was upset that they called a timeout and because Gard had "unnecessary contact". Which doesn't really add up because it was a solid 8-10 seconds after Gard touched him that he threw the slap to someone completely different.

Edit: Here's the compilation I was talking about:

Edited by tgrogan21

13 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

A lot of people are trying to act like Gard restrained him and that's just not the case. He put his hand on his elbow which is what a lot of coaches do when shaking hands and they were in the handshake line. There's actually a video completion of interactions in the past where Juwan/Gard have shook hands and touched each other on the elbow. So why would Gard think that it's not okay now? Juwan took offense to the touch and told Gard not to touch him and Gard immediately took his hands off of him and then 1 second later, Juwan had grabbed Gard by the jacket and started to get in Gard's face. Gard never touched him again after he realized it had offended Juwan.

If Juwan was still so pissed off he didn't have to get in the line to shake hands. He purposefully did so and then as he walking towards Gard said "We'll remember this the next time we play." Also, if the assistant had said something, I think Juwan would have mentioned it in the post game presser when asked why he did what he did. Instead he said he was upset that they called a timeout and because Gard had "unnecessary contact". Which doesn't really add up because it was a solid 8-10 seconds after Gard touched him that he threw the slap to someone completely different.

Edit: Here's the compilation I was talking about:

I watched it again.  Looks like you're right.

4 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I watched it again.  Looks like you're right.

I had nothing to do yesterday cause I was sick in my bed all day. I've spent too much time dissecting the video and reading through twitter/reddit. lol

Well, he only got a 5 game suspension.  I think he got off lucky.  His friend Stephen A. Smith was calling for suspension for the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Looks like I should be a school admin!

What would you do in this case if you were a school admin?  Do tell, please.

9 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

What would you do in this case if you were a school admin?  Do tell, please.

They did exactly what I suspected. See my earlier post above.