Softball vs Jacksonville State

Article from AU Athletics: https://auburntigers.com/news/2022/2/22/No_21_Auburn_faces_first_true_road_test_at_Jacksonville_State.aspx

By my calculations this season we have played 10 games and recorded 82 hits with 16 HR.  In 2021 in first 10 games, we had 58 hits and 6 HR.  I would judge the competition this season is likely higher level than it was last season through the first 10 games.  The rain in Jacksonville is supposed to end by noon time and temps should be in 60's.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Article from AU Athletics: https://auburntigers.com/news/2022/2/22/No_21_Auburn_faces_first_true_road_test_at_Jacksonville_State.aspx

By my calculations this season we have played 10 games and recorded 82 hits with 16 HR.  In 2021 in first 10 games, we had 58 hits and 6 HR.  I would judge the competition this season is likely higher level than it was last season through the first 10 games.  The rain in Jacksonville is supposed to end by noon time and temps should be in 60's.  

I would agree with UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, and USF. If we can keep hitting and scoring .....and get ALL the pitchers healthy... this could be a wild season!!!

10 mins til first pitch!  Then shortly after the game, we get Auburn basketball.  Unless we win it in 5. Then we have longer to wait lol

The 3 Jacksonville State pitchers appear pretty solid with ERA's 1.75 - 2.56.  Starting today will be Carter with the 1.75 ERA.  She has pitched 24 innings and faced 85 AB.  10 SO, 9 BB, 19 Hits.  Let's see if we can chase her out of the circle.  She is a freshman from Tennessee.  Penta starts for AU.

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Did we hit any home runs tonight? 

Jessie Blaine had two hits which included a HR to left field.  She gave an impressive post game interview on the AU radio broadcast.  The Jacksonville freshman pitcher (Carter) was very good but seemed to begin missing her spots when she approached 80 in her pitch count in the 5th inning..  We may see her again as we play them April 19th, in Auburn. Good crowd listed little over 2400.  Noticed Dismukes still has a wrap on her left leg. Penta appears to be more relaxed in the circle.  I think it would be worth the $ to purchase season tickets just to watch Lisenby behind the plate.......she's a hoot.  That diving catch she made against USF was amazing.  https://www.instagram.com/p/CaLKkIlL1m5/

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like this team. I agree with Dean they can get much better and I think they will as the season goes along. The most impressive thing with this team as opposed to past team is the energy and girls actually look like they are having fun and like each other. That is 50% of what makes for a great team. Pitching need to get healthy and we need to be able to play small ball when it is needed but we are exciting to watch again. 

• Like 2