Ike Hilliard- New WR Coach

McLoofus

This is when if a guy drops a ball you have a bunch of people saying just because you played doesn't mean you can coach and all of that. 

This is an absolute smash of a hire. Harsin is evolving some in his hiring it appears despite the internal Coordinators promotions. With this hire along with C. Robinson as LB coach were two very good hires. 

If we can manage to snag 3 key pieces in the portal I think this season could be a make or break point for Harsin and AU football. He is playing behind the 8 ball after the collapse of last season and the rest of the offseason chaos, if he can manage to get a few key pieces I think we can actually have a decent season which in itself will pick up recruiting. It's a long shot IMO, but not out of possibility. It will take his best coaching effort to date. He has his staff and he is going to ride or die with them and I like that.

As for the 3 pieces I think we have to have out of the portal. I think the first and most important is a stud WR1. 

I also believe we need an experienced OT even if he doesn't start, we need depth. A guy that can come in and beat out what we have would be the most preferable obviously.

Last, I think we need an edge rusher. We have D. Hall and Eku, but we need one more guy that is capable of putting constant pressure on the QB. 

Sorry, I know not all of this pertains to Coach Ike, but the hire made me happy and got me thinking. Move if you feel necessary, Mods. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This is an absolute smash of a hire. Harsin is evolving some in his hiring it appears despite the internal Coordinators promotions. With this hire along with C. Robinson as LB coach were two very good hires. 

If we can manage to snag 3 key pieces in the portal I think this season could be a make or break point for Harsin and AU football. He is playing behind the 8 ball after the collapse of last season and the rest of the offseason chaos, if he can manage to get a few key pieces I think we can actually have a decent season which in itself will pick up recruiting. It's a long shot IMO, but not out of possibility. It will take his best coaching effort to date. He has his staff and he is going to ride or die with them and I like that.

As for the 3 pieces I think we have to have out of the portal. I think the first and most important is a stud WR1. 

I also believe we need an experienced OT even if he doesn't start, we need depth. A guy that can come in and beat out what we have would be the most preferable obviously.

Last, I think we need an edge rusher. We have D. Hall and Eku, but we need one more guy that is capable of putting constant pressure on the QB. 

Sorry, I know not all of this pertains to Coach Ike, but the hire made me happy and got me thinking. Move if you feel necessary, Mods. 

I appreciate the positive outlook! 

• Like 1