Baseball vs Yale series

Swilling stays in the game. Another 3-2 walk to lead off the inning. Sigh.

Deep fly out in front of the warning track.

Bosse is coming into the game in relief of Swilling.

Wild pitch on Bosse's first pitch and runner on 2nd. Same exact thing happened in the 9th.

Wild pitch on Bosse's 2nd pitch and runner on 3rd. SMH

Not even close on the 3rd pitch, Dyal saves it or it would have been a wild pitch.

Not even close on the 4th pitch and it's a 4 pitch walk.

Granzow coming in for Bosse. What a disappointing end to this game after a masterful job by Bright.

Edited by tgrogan21

Granzow throws a strike on the first pitch. Yay! 3-2 count and Granzow gets a swinging strike. Truly making this as difficult as possible. I'm also exhausted so I hope this game ends next half inning no matter what. lol

Wild pitch and the runner advances to 2nd. Dyal did a great job of keeping it in front of him enough where the runner on 3rd couldn't advance.

ANOTHER freaking wild pitch scores a run. This is ridiculous that our pitchers can't get the ball over the plate.

4-3 Yale.

Edit: And Granzow with the 3-2 walk. Runners on the corner.

Edited by tgrogan21

SMH, a bloop single that falls because no one calls for the ball and it drops in between two players. Luckily they get the guy going to third.

5-3 Yale. Need the bats to wake up.

Hall with the lead off walk. Rambusch up to bat and is the tying run.

2-0 count to Rambusch and there's a mound visit. Yale has no one warming up and this kid is a freshman with 66 pitches.

Edited by tgrogan21

4 pitch walk to Rambusch! Moore up and DiChiara up after that. LETS GOOOOOO!

Edit: Moore with a great sac bunt. Both runners advance for the best power hitter. And they intentionally walk DiChiara, obviously.

Bases loaded 1 out for Dyal!

Edit 2: Farquhar comes in to pinch run for DiChiara.

Edited by tgrogan21

LaRue strikes out looking. SMH Gotta at least go up there hacking with 2 strikes.

Edit: Howell up to try and win this game again. Lets do it again!

Edited by tgrogan21

Howell flies out to CF. :(

Disappointing at bat from LaRue with the bases loaded. You can't strike out looking in that spot.

Yale wins 5-4.

Edit: LaRue struck out 3 times today. Not a good day from him.

Edited by tgrogan21

22 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Howell flies out to CF. :(

Disappointing at bat from LaRue with the bases loaded. You can't strike out looking in that spot.

Yale wins 5-4.

Edit: LaRue struck out 3 times today. Not a good day from him.

@tgrogan21   Outstanding  job on the play by play!!  I Almost feel guilty because I didn’t watch one single pitch, but feel like I was at all all 3 games. Great job!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TXaubie said:

@tgrogan21   Outstanding  job on the play by play!!  I Almost feel guilty because I didn’t watch one single pitch, but feel like I was at all all 3 games. Great job!!

Thanks! As long as at least one person gets some enjoyment out of my updates I'm happy to do it. Baseball/Softball is way easier to do updates for so as long as I'm watching the game it's no trouble for me to keep doing it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Thanks! As long as at least one person gets some enjoyment out of my updates I'm happy to do it. Baseball/Softball is way easier to do updates for so as long as I'm watching the game it's no trouble for me to keep doing it.

I enjoy your updates even when I'm watching the game. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1