AuFamily Attendance Project

AUght2win

15 minutes ago, Aucater said:

1962 Auburn vs Georgia at Auburn. Lost 21-30. I remember a sophomore Ivan Charles (Tucker) Fredrickson played safety and full back. He muffed a punt deep in Auburn territory and Georgia got a score out of it. Georgia burned Auburn for a long td pass and it was all over. I was fit to be tied. 

So cool. Is it surreal to watch a game now and realize you’re watching the same team/game from 60 years ago? What was the experience like then vs. now?

Great idea, OP!   My first game was in 89.   (Pacific, and then the historic Iron Bowl later that year)  

We had season tickets from 91-95.  I’m sure I missed a game or two those years, but I attended pretty much every game those 5 years.  

• Like 2

I think we should start from the present going backward to come up with the board streak. 

I was personally at the Bham Bowl for our latest game, and also went to Penn State. Need to fill in the rest from 2021. 

My dad went to the home games his freshman year in ‘54.  Says his first AU/Bama game was in ‘55.  He’s not a member, but we could sign him up to get the record.  🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I think we should start from the present going backward to come up with the board streak. 

I was personally at the Bham Bowl for our latest game, and also went to Penn State. Need to fill in the rest from 2021. 

Probably need a spreadsheet if we doing this. Lot of info but a great idea. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Probably need a spreadsheet if we doing this. Lot of info but a great idea. 

I’ll start one once we get deep into it. May even do member rankings for who’s been to the most games.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Anybody got a game prior to 67? I could have swore @augolf1716 or someone said they saw the 57 team.

I'm think it was @Slammer1 or maybe AUpops who may have seen the 57 team. Earliest game I saw at Auburn was vs Miami 1960 but my first Auburn game was in B'ham 1958 vs UTK

• Like 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm think it was @Slammer1 or maybe AUpops who may have seen the 57 team. Earliest game I saw at Auburn was vs Miami 1960 but my first Auburn game was in B'ham 1958 vs UTK

I guess you aren't counting the ones you played in circa 1893 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My first Auburn game was Akron in 1988 won 42-0.

First memory in a game was Vanderbilt game 1990 we won like 56-6. Vandy fumbled the opening kickoff I believe and we scored soon after.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

So posted it on the OP, but currently seeking posters to verify they attended games in 2021. Don’t have to have attended them all, but please post any/all games you saw this past season in person.

54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So posted it on the OP, but currently seeking posters to verify they attended games in 2021. Don’t have to have attended them all, but please post any/all games you saw this past season in person.

We were in Baton Rouge in '21...

that-was-awesome-tommy-boy.gif

• Love 2

On 2/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, AUght2win said:

Hear me out. Could be an interesting thing for a dead time.

Something occurred to me recently about our board. We have a lot of old wisemen/farts on this board (no offense @augolf1716). Lot of API guys saw games in person way back. I think I saw that some even attended games during the 1957 title run. 

It made me wonder two things. The first is: what game is the farthest back anyone on our board can claim to have seen in person?

The second, and maybe most interesting thing to me, is I wonder how long of an attendance streak the board has as a whole. 

I’m betting we can verify at least one poster on our board to have attended every single football game Auburn has played for the last 50 years. Maybe more.

Maybe we could start with figuring out the oldest game and work up from there. Wish I could start us off but my first games were as a kid in the 90s.

If you got proof you were at the game that’s a bonus but not required. Would be cool to see stuff from way back.

CURRENT OLDEST GAME VERIFIED (update 2/27): Auburn vs. Kentucky, Legion Field, 1958 (augolf1716).

VERIFIED BOARD ATTENDANCE STREAK (update 2/26): __ games.

Currently Seeking Member Attendance Verification for: 2021 Season.

if golf did that it is very impressive. rumor is he is one of birds alters.................

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUght2win said:

So cool. Is it surreal to watch a game now and realize you’re watching the same team/game from 60 years ago? What was the experience like then vs. now?

I probably don't get as upset now when Auburn doesn't do as well as I did for a long time. I guess the experience is about the same. I went to the Bham bowl too. I wasn't as ill about that one because of all the guy's that weren't playing.. I figured they would struggle. 

• Like 1

Current 2021 attendance verification:

Akron ✔️
Alabama State - ✔️
at Penn State ✔️
Georgia State - ✔️
at LSU ✔️
Georgia - ✔️
at Arkansas - NEED
Ole Miss - NEED
at Texas A&M - NEED
Mississippi State ✔️
at South Carolina - NEED
Alabama - ✔️
Houston ✔️

Edited by AUght2win

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Current 2021 attendance verification:

Akron ✔️
Alabama State - NEED 
at Penn State ✔️
Georgia State - NEED
at LSU ✔️
Georgia - NEED
at Arkansas - NEED
Ole Miss - NEED
at Texas A&M - NEED
Mississippi State ✔️
at South Carolina - NEED
Alabama - NEED
Houston ✔️

I was at Alabama game this year. Loud as heck the whole game. Tough loss for sure. (Run the freakin' ball Bobo...lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I was at Alabama game this year. Loud as heck the whole game. Tough loss for sure. (Run the freakin' ball Bobo...lol)

Any others from this year? 

On 2/27/2022 at 5:54 PM, AUght2win said:

I’ll start one once we get deep into it. May even do member rankings for who’s been to the most games.

Google Sheets could be public and able to be edited. Would be easy to import every schedule from 57 forward as well

• Like 1

The first game I can clearly remember was 1967 at Legion Field for the mud game against Bammer.  I was at some games prior to that but I don’t have clear memories of them.  

• Like 1