Softball vs Bradley

Penta back on the mound. 2 innings for her and 1 hit and struck out 5.

Garcia doubles, Lisenby singles and Garcia comes around to score. Lisenby called out of the base path trying to go to 2nd. 1 out.

1-0 Auburn

Edit: Bryant reaches on an error. McCondichie singles.

Packer reaches on FC with Bryant out at 3rd. Cox grounds out to end the 2nd.

Edited by tgrogan21

Peralta with a sharpy hit ground ball but a nice snag by Bradley.

Ellis with a pop up to the pitcher on a checked swing. Blaine singles but gets thrown out trying to steal 2nd.

1-0 going to the 4th.

Garcia with a hard hit fly ball but it hangs up just enough for the fielder to get under it. Lisenby fouls a pitch off of her foot but looks to be fine. She then hits it hard but fouls out.

Bryant strikes out swinging to end the inning. 1-0 Auburn going to the 5th.

A fly out to the warning track to start the inning, one of the first out that's not a strikeout. Strikeout 11 for Penta.

A 2 out single just under the glove of Ellis as she dove for the ball. Pop up for out 3.

1-0 bottom of the 5th. McCondichie, Packer, and Cox up to bat.

Edited by tgrogan21

Strikeout #12 for Penta. Error on Cox and the runner is safe at first. Rare error with this defense. Penta doesn't let that affect her, though as she racks up her 13th and 14th strikeout to end this half inning.

Ellis, Blaine, and Garcia up for Auburn.

2-0 Auburn Bottom of the 6th.

Godwin pinch hits for Ellis.

Reaches 1st on an error. Blaine grounds out but the pinch runner Smith was running on the swing and makes it to 2nd. The throw was close to bringing the 1st baseman off the bag again. Smith gets thrown out trying to steal 3rd. Not sure if there was a miscommunication as Dean was not happy.

Garcia flies out to end the 6th. Still 2-0 Auburn.

It's really freaking nice to have pitchers like Penta and Lowe!

Hard hit to 1B, Ellis stopped it and could have possibly saved a double. It's a leadoff single, though.

Strikeout #15 for out 1. Another single and we have a bit of trouble with 2 runners on and 1 out.

Edit: They've updated the scoring on the hit to 1b. It was a fielding error by Ellis.

Edited by tgrogan21

Pop up for out 2! Bryant with a nice basket catch!

Dang! Very close to striking out the batter but Bradley gets a single up the middle. Runner from 2nd scores and runner from 1st goes to 3rd on the throw.

2-1 Auburn.

Edit: Lowe coming into pitch and close this game out.

Edited by tgrogan21

Thanks for all the updates.  Bradley proved a tougher nut than I expected.  I was impressed with Lisenby's arm and accuracy in throwing that runner out.  Not sure why Dean had Blaine stealing; a low probability stratagem.  Notice Penta threw 127 pitches vs. 90 something for French.   No hits for Auburn from the 2-4 positions in the lineup; Cox, Peralta, Ellis. Godwyn.  that made the game closer.  The Bradley pitcher seemed to be jamming the batters.  Lots of fouls down the LF line from the righties.

Why steal 3rd for an out? Next pitch was a wild pitch/passed ball which would have moved the runner to 3rd.... then a fly out to the outfield that would have scored a run. 

7 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Thanks for all the updates.  Bradley proved a tougher nut than I expected.  I was impressed with Lisenby's arm and accuracy in throwing that runner out.  Not sure why Dean had Blaine stealing; a low probability stratagem.  Notice Penta threw 127 pitches vs. 90 something for French.   No hits for Auburn from the 2-4 positions in the lineup; Cox, Peralta, Ellis. Godwyn.  that made the game closer.  The Bradley pitcher seemed to be jamming the batters.  Lots of fouls down the LF line from the righties.

1 minute ago, AU1947 said:

Why steal 3rd for an out? Next pitch was a wild pitch/passed ball which would have moved the runner to 3rd.... then a fly out to the outfield that would have scored a run. 

Mentioned it in my post at the time but I think Blaine messed up the signs. Dean wasn't happy after she was called out and it wasn't him arguing if she was safe or not.

I may have confused the point here.  It was Smith who attempted to steal third, and was thrown out.  There was speculation by the announcer that a sign was misinterpreted.  Pretty sure, however, that Dean sent Blaine, who isn't fast, to steal second with two outs and Garcia at bat.  This was the bottom half of the inning that Lisenby threw out the Bradley runner.  Dean often attempts to steal second with two out.  Apparently he feels or knows that the odds of stealing second and getting a hit surpass the odds of getting consecutive hits. 

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I may have confused the point here.  It was Smith who attempted to steal third, and was thrown out.  There was speculation by the announcer that a sign was misinterpreted.  Pretty sure, however, that Dean sent Blaine, who isn't fast, to steal second with two outs and Garcia at bat.  This was the bottom half of the inning that Lisenby threw out the Bradley runner.  Dean often attempts to steal second with two out.  Apparently he feels or knows that the odds of stealing second and getting a hit surpass the odds of getting consecutive hits. 

Sorry, mixed up which steal you were talking about.