Softball Stat Check

We're a quarter of the way through the season; seems a good time to look at the offensive stats.

- Team batting average:  .344       (Opponents .166)

- Three players hitting over .400: Packer (.478), McCondichie (.444) and Bryant (.441).  Packer's OPS is an outrageous 1.499.  We have 7 players with OPS over 1.000.

- Team home runs:  22 - same as all last year.  8 triples and 30 doubles.  Packer and Ellis with 5 dingers each.  Cox leads with 5 doubles.

- Runs scored:  117   (7.3 rpg)  We scored 9 once last year, as I recall.

- Stolen bases:  28/33

- Freshman batting:  Peralta leads at .385;  She's the RBI leader with 16; next is Ellis with 14 (.256) and Blaine is at .316.

Dean seems to have found a lineup early.  Six players have started every game, Blaine has started 15, and Ellis 14.  Catcher position has been split between Godwyn and Lisenby.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 2

He really hasn't tweaked the lineup much.  Like the resolve of these freshmen and sophomores. 

On 3/1/2022 at 12:04 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

We're a quarter of the way through the season; seems a good time to look at the offensive stats.

- Team batting average:  .344       (Opponents .166)

- Three players hitting over .400: Packer (.478), McCondichie (.444) and Bryant (.441).  Packer's OPS is an outrageous 1.499.  We have 7 players with OPS over 1.000.

- Team home runs:  22 - same as all last year.  8 triples and 30 doubles.  Packer and Ellis with 5 dingers each.  Cox leads with 5 doubles.

- Runs scored:  117   (7.3 rpg)  We scored 9 once last year, as I recall.

- Stolen bases:  28/33

- Freshman batting:  Peralta leads at .385;  She's the RBI leader with 16; next is Ellis with 14 (.256) and Blaine is at .316.

Dean seems to have found a lineup early.  Six players have started every game, Blaine has started 15, and Ellis 14.  Catcher position has been split between Godwyn and Lisenby.

I know that at the first of the year, the competition can vary, do you think we are playing the same level of teams as last year, or harder or easier?

5 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I know that at the first of the year, the competition can vary, do you think we are playing the same level of teams as last year, or harder or easier?

With the exception of Clearwater I think the teams this year have been easier thus far with the exception of ULM and who they are playing. Southern Miss did upset UF so may the mid Majors are improving with the portal. 

Edited by AU1947
Clarification
  • Like 1