A Day QB1

ChristoThor

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Not saying Finley is the answer but y'all are sure harsh on grading him as dogsh*t based off of 3-4 games of play after he arrived in the summer and didn't go through spring.  Further, he was thrust into a failing situation with Bobo at play caller.

Dude was still learning the offense during fall practice. Everyone should get a fair shake and any preconceived notions people have from last season should be dispelled until we see how everyone is doing in the spring.

Some of these people are hilarious

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Some of these people are hilarious

Right ? People who couldn’t play on their church flag football league saying stupid things. He couldn’t start at North Alabama? That is just idiotic. Players can show tremendous growth from Year A to Year B smh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Right ? People who couldn’t play on their church flag football league saying stupid things. He couldn’t start at North Alabama? That is just idiotic. Players can show tremendous growth from Year A to Year B smh.

I was impressed with some throws and unimpressed enough with others. I won’t make any negative comments about him or any other player. Especially young players. I’m always reserving the right to get on the bandwagon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

He reminded me a lot of Jason Campbell's sophomore season.

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Yeah I was thinking of Jason Campbell from my original post. He is an unfinished product. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I was thinking of Jason Campbell from my original post. He is an unfinished product. 

That’s a good one to be likened to. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

You starting a team?? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

What's even more funny it's the same people that wouldn't even let you did Bo has to get better without biting your head off. But now they're right back to being hardcore this guy sucks posters again

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

What's even more funny it's the same people that wouldn't even let you did Bo has to get better without biting your head off. But now they're right back to being hardcore this guy sucks posters again

Yes, but don't you get Bo was an Auburn man, Cole [ Yellow font ]. His stunted growth and usual mistakes came because he was trying to hard for Auburn. That was my favorite illogical response I use to hear from folks.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bo "ran for his life" his whole career here but Finley just sucks.

Is This Okay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Robby Ashford may surprise some folks. 

I think he has the highest ceiling. No idea if he’ll find it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I was impressed with some throws and unimpressed enough with others. I won’t make any negative comments about him or any other player. Especially young players. I’m always reserving the right to get on the bandwagon. 

Man he really threaded some needles in the Bama and Houston games. Straight NFL level throws.  He just needs consistency and a bit of a quicker trigger. If I remember correctly his interceptions were unlucky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I think he has the highest ceiling. No idea if he’ll find it. 

His interview with the War Rapport was impressive.  He has the right mindset.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

Man he really threaded some needles in the Bama and Houston games. Straight NFL level throws.  He just needs consistency and a bit of a quicker trigger. If I remember correctly his interceptions were unlucky.

He's got a great arm. There's no denying that. 

On 3/2/2022 at 7:14 AM, ChristoThor said:

I can definitely see what you are saying. I understand that Finley is going to get his chance since he was already in this system and even started in it. I just worry that he is going to really perform in practice enough to get on the field and then choke. I know it is a bit irrational, but I just want to see someone else get a shot. I wish the best for Finley and maybe he can turn into a great QB at Auburn, but I just don't currently have a lot of faith in him and I worry he will push his way to a starting position past spring.

If he pushes his way to the starting position past Spring then he earned the position.  No one knows how this crop of QBs will perform in live game action, so be thankful our first 5 games are at home and the first two are cupcakes.  That gives the QB's and coaches plenty of time to give all of them a shot & determine which one give us the best chance to be successful.  September is a great time for the leader to cement himself and emerge as the leader October - November will be brutal. 

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Jason was surrounded by better talent. I know it’s not the same but it’s appropriate context. 

• Like 1

A whole year in the system and I expect to see a lot of guys really improved, including the super seniors on the oline.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

You starting a team?? 

Maybe everyone should list their high school/ college level athletic experience/success.  Then we can actually assign how valid someone's postings are based on said experience. Sarcasm for those wondering.. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Bo did " run for his life" most of the time. Sometimes he bailed too early. Sometimes the OL parted like the Red Sea. 

It's also true Finley didn't "run for his life", mostly because he was too slow a foot. So instead of running, he would just go down in a heap

Geriner's the true wildcard. Harsin seems to be in football love with him. The logical answer is that he'll be 4th string (scout team) come fall because he's a frosh and we aren't keeping all 5 of these guys. But Rypien and Bachmeier both started as freshman for Harsin. There's not a spot on the depth chart that I would be surprised to see him in all honesty. 

• Like 2

Awareness and Mobility are two of the reasons I'm bearish on Finley until proven otherwise. 

tree-killer.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe everyone should list their high school/ college level athletic experience/success.  Then we can actually assign how valid someone's postings are based on said experience. Sarcasm for those wondering.. 

I know you are joking and this is likely an unpopular opinion but sometimes I low-key wish we could compile a database of AUfamily users with this info. Just for fun.