South Carolina, last home game

This should be a win, my only concern is Kessler's left shoulder.  He needs rest it to get ready for the Conference tournament run.  So, I'm expecting him to play below his average time and Dylan more this game.  

The guard play will be interesting to watch (I will rewatch the MSU game to prep) to see how much we evolve from what we played against MSU.  We have to fix the flat spots - shooting for only 21 points in the 2nd half is a recipe for a "L".

As some has said, can the #3 position be more impactful?  

The Jungle will be ROCKING.

• Like 2

Need to get out to a massive lead and keep it the entire game. We need to rest our starters but also need to be able to play the 2 senior scout team guys Preston Cook and Chase Maasdorp in their last game at Auburn Arena. Would love for them to get to play the last 5 minutes or so of the game and get some buckets.

• Like 2

A couple things I picked up on Tiger Talk tonight. South Carolina is playing a little bit differently from when we played them. They are a guard-heavy lineup now instead of trying to match size. They have had a bunch of close contests on the road. A win over us can put South Carolina in the conversation for the bubble (think Florida when we just played them). It is the beginning of Spring Break, so most of the students will be out of town, so if you are in town, maybe check with the ticket office to see if you can get in on game day.

11 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

This should be a win, my only concern is Kessler's left shoulder.  He needs rest it to get ready for the Conference tournament run.  So, I'm expecting him to play below his average time and Dylan more this game.  

I would be okay with him not playing at all.  If he plays injured, best case is his shoulder remains the same.  Worst case is it gets worse.  Give him time off.  Let it heal.  The real battle is up ahead.

• Like 2

SC had really turned it around recently until bammer beat them by 19. They’re capable of keeping it close, but I feel strongly we can beat them by double digits without Kessler. We’re not losing to anyone at home. Cambridge should get plenty more tomahawk jams via Green.

• Like 1

Very dangerous game.  This one is on the team leadership.  It will either shine or be revealed as lacking in this game.  We should do exactly what bama did to them.    

12 hours ago, AUlurker said:

A couple things I picked up on Tiger Talk tonight. South Carolina is playing a little bit differently from when we played them. They are a guard-heavy lineup now instead of trying to match size. They have had a bunch of close contests on the road. A win over us can put South Carolina in the conversation for the bubble (think Florida when we just played them). It is the beginning of Spring Break, so most of the students will be out of town, so if you are in town, maybe check with the ticket office to see if you can get in on game day.

Tickets are $89 on ESPN. Earlier game's prices were in excess of $300.

We’re 14.5 point favorites and the ESPN calculator went up from like 93% to 95.7%.    Seems like Vegas and ESPN are very confident we take care of business tomorrow!!!

Got 2 free tickets (teacher perks) so I’ll be attending today for my first ever AU bball game, more excited about this than any football game in the last few years. Can’t wait!!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Got 2 free tickets (teacher perks) so I’ll be attending today for my first ever AU bball game, more excited about this than any football game in the last few years. Can’t wait!!

Enjoy we better win or I will blame you entirely

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:56 AM, abw0004 said:

I would be okay with him not playing at all.  If he plays injured, best case is his shoulder remains the same.  Worst case is it gets worse.  Give him time off.  Let it heal.  The real battle is up ahead.

I'd start Jaylin at the 5 and bring Cardwell off the bench for extended minutes. Keep Walker on ice and give the shoulder a full week rest. 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:00 AM, Viper said:

I feel strongly we can beat them by double digits

AU -14.5

Tough call. AU is 3-4 ATS in its last seven. SC is 5-2 ATS in its last seven. I'll say we cover.

8 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Could not have asked for a better day. SEC CHAMPS!!

EF8F6289-F716-46A1-ABF6-50FD921C28E0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Could not have asked for a better day. SEC CHAMPS!!

EF8F6289-F716-46A1-ABF6-50FD921C28E0.jpeg

Dude, your shirt is perfect for your physique! Well done. 

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Dude, your shirt is perfect for your physique! Well done. 

Much love man! I always take my dad to AU football games but this was the 1st bball game for both of us. Couldn’t have been a better day 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Much love man! I always take my dad to AU football games but this was the 1st bball game for both of us. Couldn’t have been a better day 

Awesome.  Glad you got to share that experience.