Jane B. Moore Memorial Tournament

2 walks to lead off the 6th and Lowe is back in for Penta.

Edit: Dismukes actually came in for Penta and gave up the 2 walks. Lowe came in for her.

Edited by tgrogan21

I'll help out a little.  Godwin hit into a double play, so the 5th ended 6-1.  Dismukes coming in to pitch.  The first pitcher for A&T (Johnson) had an ERA like 7.85.  I couldn't see why we couldn't score.  The second pitcher (Schmidt) appears more to our liking.

I'm concerned about Lowe's coming out.  Hope that doesn't mean an injjury.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I'll help out a little.  Godwin hit into a double play, so the 5th ended 6-1.  Dismukes coming in to pitch.  The first pitcher for A&T (Johnson) had an ERA like 7.85.  I couldn't see why we couldn't score.  The second pitcher (Schmidt) appears more to our liking.

I'm concerned about Lowe's coming out.  Hope that doesn't mean an injjury.

Doesn't seem like we should be concerned. Comes in and strikes out 2 and then gets out of the jam. Clutch!

• Like 2

Auburn goes down in order in the 6th.

A strikeout, a walk, another strikeout, another walk, but a ground out ends it.

Auburn WINS 6-1!!

Hey I just found this softball forum! I’ve been a huge softball fan since my son’s girlfriend played in high school in the early 2000’s. Love this Auburn team this year! WDE!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Game ends at 6-1, but I'm still a bit concerned about Lowe.  She walked two batters in the 7th.  Very unusual.

There is some scuttlebutt that Lowe is battling a left wrist and elbow issue. Someone in the stands last night said she is getting shots in them as well. If I heard them correctly. 

15 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

There is some scuttlebutt that Lowe is battling a left wrist and elbow issue. Someone in the stands last night said she is getting shots in them as well. If I heard them correctly. 

If so, shouldn't we have rested her more before TAMU. I guess we are waiting on KK. We have Yar as well. 

• Like 1

Penta getting the ball again today against Toledo.

Gives up a leadoff single and a stolen base but gets out of the inning with 2 strikeouts. Geraghty, Cox, Peralta starting it off for Auburn.

0-0 B1

Geraghty lead off single!

Cox hits into a FC and Geraghty out at 2nd. Peralta singles up the middle. Runners on 1st and 2nd.

Blaine with a 4 pitch walk and Garcia, who hit the 3-run homer is up to bat with bases loaded.

Garcia with a sac fly. Cox scores, Peralta moves to 3rd.

1-0 Auburn!

Blaine steals second with no throw as she was trying to allow Peralta to score. Ellis grounds out to end the 1st.

1-0 Auburn

A 4 pitch lead off walk before Penta retires the side. 1 strikeout recorded.

Godwin, Bryant, McCondichie up to bat.

1-0 Auburn B1

Godwin draws a 3-2 walk. Cooper comes in to pinch run. Bryant with an infield single, Cooper goes to 2nd.

McCondichie flies out. Geraghty with another single! Bases loaded, 1 out and the heart of the lineup coming up.

Toledo has inserted Johnson in the circle.  We had lots of popups with her yesterday.  Blaine lines to short and Garcia pops out to CF.

Bryant hits it hard to SS but the fielder makes a great play for a ground out.

Ouch! McCondichie with a hard hit ball to 2B and the ball goes off of the players chest. Trainers are coming to check on her now. Goes down as an error on the 2B.

She seems to be okay, thankfully.

Wild pitch and McCondichie advances to 2nd. Geraghty with another single this time of the infield variety and McCondichie advances to 3rd! Runners on the corner with 1 out.

Edit: Official ruling changed from an error to a hit for McCondichie.

Edited by tgrogan21

SEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

PERALTA WITH A 2-RUN HOMER!!!!!!!!

8-0 AUBURN

Edit: New pitcher for Toledo

Edited by tgrogan21