Men vs South Carolina Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Amazing run this year!! Yet another ring and we complete this season undefeated at home. Are we the toughest place to play yet?

We gotta figure out our second half struggles and do it fast.

War Eagle!!

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

Amazing run this year!! Yet another ring and we complete this season undefeated at home. Are we the toughest place to play yet?

We gotta figure out our second half struggles and do it fast.

War Eagle!!

Made me think of the old ncaa video games with the "toughest place to play ranking", I've been playing ncaa 06 constantly 

I'm delighted for the win & for holding the regular season championship outright. I really hated leading for the regular season championship most of the way & then having to share it at the end with UT in 2018, so I'm glad to be THE champs this time. I mostly enjoyed the 1st 31 minutes of this game today. But I did not enjoy it from the time we got the 19 point lead to the end. As we've shown before, we have not yet learned to have the proverbial "killer instinct" when we get a lead. We seem to let up rather than bearing down. I hope Bruce will be able to show the guys lots of film of poor play with a lead that allowed our opponent back into a game that we had in hand. If the opponent makes excellent plays to come back, so be it. But we help them out too often.  I fear that'll bite us in the tournament. 

Ok, with that off my chest... LOVE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the less than thrilling end to the football season it was great to take no quarter and win the basketball championship. Hoo-hot damn Tijuana.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

... As we've shown before, we have not yet learned to have the proverbial "killer instinct" when we get a lead. We seem to let up rather than bearing down. I hope Bruce will be able to show the guys lots of film of poor play with a lead that allowed our opponent back into a game that we had in hand. If the opponent makes excellent plays to come back, so be it. But we help them out too often ...

This!  My only add was what happened to Jabari, his scoring disappeared until well into the 2nd half!??

There is enough time before they play again to have the coaches highlight the weak spots and explain what is expected of them.  

That said, its going to be a good SEC tournament; even favored teams can be beat if the do not bring their A game.  Will it be Auburn vs UK for the tournament championship?  I'm guessing the top 4 teams meet in the end.  With UT winning, we will likely face Ark and UT will play UK on the other side?

Edited by 81spacetiger

6 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

This!  My only add was what happened to Jabari, his scoring disappeared until well into the 2nd half!??

There is enough time before they play again to have the coaches highlight the weak spots and explain what is expected of them.  

That said, its going to be a good SEC tournament; even favored teams can be beat if the do not bring their A game.  Will it be Auburn vs UK for the tournament championship?  I'm guessing the top 4 teams meet in the end.  With UT winning, we will likely face Ark and UT will play UK on the other side?

It really wasn't a Jabari thing, he didn't get involved the same way he wasn't involved in much of the first half. You could literally see all the periods where they gave him concerted looks led to good possessions. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

7 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

Mugged and hugged. Very hard to get the ball to him. He finally got free and nailed a couple of big baskets.

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Mugged and hugged. Very hard to get the ball to him. He finally got free and nailed a couple of big baskets.

Every team going forward will do this to take Jabari out of the game.  If we cannot, or worse yet, don't figure out a way to force the issue, we will loose the point production from the best player on the team.

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

Every team going forward will do this to take Jabari out of the game.  If we cannot, or worse yet, don't figure out a way to force the issue, we will loose the point production from the best player in college basketball! on the team.

FIFY!

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got home after partying all weekend with @fredst!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE GOT DAMN F@#$%N CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally am wearing clothes for the first time in over a day!!!!! IT GOT LOST IN ALL THE CRAZINESS OF THE SEC TITLE!!!!! THIS. IS. AUBURN. WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL NOW BAY BAY!!!!!!!!!! BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE IS THE FACE OF AUBURN AND BAY BAY LEMME TELL YA IT FEELS SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

old-school-comedy.gif

old-school-streaking.gif

6995d1a8c07329c107954db4576eb3cd.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

JABARI SMITH AND WALKER KESSLER WILL LEAVE AUBURN UNIVERSITY AS NEVER HAVING LOST IN AUBURN OR NEVILLE ARENA!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WERE DOWNRIGHT DOMINANT ON OUR HOME COURT THIS SEASON!!!! All SEC HOME GAMES WERE WON BY DOUBLE DIGITS BESIDES 1. AND THAT ONE WAS A NINE POINT WIN VS THE CATS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Thank you Walk and Bari!!!!!! We will never ever forget this magical home portion of our season!!!!! We already have the best homecourt in all of college basketball but these 2 made us literally impossible to beat at home and unbeatable!!!! YESSSSIIIIIRRRRR WOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Love 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got home after partying all weekend with @fredst!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE GOT DAMN F@#$%N CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally am wearing clothes for the first time in over a day!!!!! IT GOT LOST IN ALL THE CRAZINESS OF THE SEC TITLE!!!!! THIS. IS. AUBURN. WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL NOW BAY BAY!!!!!!!!!! BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE IS THE FACE OF AUBURN AND BAY BAY LEMME TELL YA IT FEELS SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

old-school-comedy.gif

old-school-streaking.gif

6995d1a8c07329c107954db4576eb3cd.gif

19FE2191-A157-4CDB-9144-313406D5F443.gif

• Love 1