SEC Tournament

UGAY may never win another game in their current state. I ain’t mad though!

5 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

In the 1st round I believe:

1. MIZ takes down OM

2. Vandy bests uga

What say you?

Yep. That's the most likely outcome.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, Hopsing said:

UGAY may never win another game in their current state. I ain’t mad though!

Don't be rude to gay people.  My kids are gay, and my wife is bi...they would be pissed if someone tied them to UGA in any way 🙂

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Don't be rude to gay people.  My kids are gay, and my wife is bi...they would be pissed if someone tied them to UGA in any way 🙂

Fair enough!

• Thanks 1

Here is how I see the SEC tourney playing out:

Day 1 -  Missouri beating Ole Miss  and  Vanderbilt beating Georgia

Day 2 - Florida beating Texas A&M,  LSU beating Missouri, Miss. St. beating South Carolina, and Alabama beating Vanderbilt

Day 3 - Auburn beating Florida, Arkansas beating LSU, Tennessee beating Miss. St. and Kentucky beating Alabama

Day 4 - Auburn beating Arkansas and Tennessee beating Kentucky

Day 5 - Auburn beating Tennessee

Again, just my opinion but I see the Miss. St. over SC as a slight upset and Tennessee over Kentucky as a bigger upset.  We will avenge three of our four loses on the season.  We will go into the Big Dance as a #1 seed and on a roll.

• Like 2

This will be good bracket practice....

Day 1 -  Missouri over Ole Miss  and  Vanderbilt over Georgia

Day 2 - Texas A&M over Florida,  LSU over Missouri, South Carolina over MSU, and Alabama over Vanderbilt

Day 3 - Auburn over Texas AM, LSU over Ark, South Carolina over Tennessee and Kentucky over Alabama

Day 4 - Auburn over LSU and Kentucky over South Carolina

Day 5 - Auburn over Kentucky

That last game could obviously swing either way but I feel we will turn on the switch this tourney and think we win it regardless of who's there. 

I'm riding the South Carolina cinderella run for a little while. Got LSU upset Arkansas in their Jekyll Hyde season. 

If TAMU was not playing us, I'd take them to championship game. Just a hunch.  If they beat us, they may win it.  Again, just a hunch.

14 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Here is how I see the SEC tourney playing out:

Day 1 -  Missouri beating Ole Miss  and  Vanderbilt beating Georgia

Day 2 - Florida beating Texas A&M,  LSU beating Missouri, Miss. St. beating South Carolina, and Alabama beating Vanderbilt

Day 3 - Auburn beating Florida, Arkansas beating LSU, Tennessee beating Miss. St. and Kentucky beating Alabama

Day 4 - Auburn beating Arkansas and Tennessee beating Kentucky

Day 5 - Auburn beating Tennessee

Again, just my opinion but I see the Miss. St. over SC as a slight upset and Tennessee over Kentucky as a bigger upset.  We will avenge three of our four loses on the season.  We will go into the Big Dance as a #1 seed and on a roll.

anigif_original-grid-image-4864-14521813

• Haha 1

Some mighty beautiful thinking here. I'm definitely not a negative nelly. I'm 100% tiger.

HOWEVER ....

1. Auburn has not played well lately on the road, and all these tournament games will be on the road.
2. Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas beat Auburn on the road, AND Kentucky is playing really good ball now.

Realistically, I don't expect Auburn to reach the championship game UNLESS they solve the problems that have plagued them of late on the road ....

1. Turnovers
2. Three point shooting
3. Rebounding

Of course, this is a team that can actually do that! And my concerns are just trying to be objective. Does Auburn get eliminated in the SEC Championship semi finals?

Personally, I'll be screaming Orange & Blue at the TV every game. How wonderful it would be to win the SEC Championship tourney and then go really deep in the NCAAs.

WDE! Auburn Forever!

Edited by AURex

15 minutes ago, AURex said:

Some mighty beautiful thinking here. I'm definitely not a negative nelly. I'm 100% tiger.

HOWEVER ....

1. Auburn has not played well lately on the road, and all these tournament games will be on the road.
2. Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas beat Auburn on the road, AND Kentucky is playing really good ball now.

Realistically, I don't expect Auburn to reach the championship game UNLESS they solve the problems that have plagued them of late on the road ....

1. Turnovers
2. Three point shooting
3. Rebounding

Of course, this is a team that can actually do that! And my concerns are just trying to be objective. Does Auburn get eliminated in the SEC Championship semi finals?

Personally, I'll be screaming Orange & Blue at the TV every game. How wonderful it would be to win the SEC Championship tourney and then go really deep in the NCAAs.

WDE! Auburn Forever!

Florida, TN and Arky beat Auburn on their home courts. Auburn beat everyone on their home court and has the best road record in the SEC. I’m concerned, too, but…

• Like 2

Steven Pearl said the sole reason they scheduled the USF game this year was so they’d be familiar with the arena in Tampa.

We won there 58-52.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Neutral is not the same as on the road

Actually it is, but it’s not the same as being a visitor on someone’s home court. If Auburn continues to travel well, it will help.

• Dislike 1

However many games we play from here on out, I think every single one of them (with the possible exception of NCAA 1st round) will be stressful and nerve racking.    I’m going to double my blood pressure meds for a few weeks.  😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Actually it is, but it’s not the same as being a visitor on someone’s home court. If Auburn continues to travel well, it will help.

That is what I’m saying it’s not the same as playing on another teams home court

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Steven Pearl said the sole reason they scheduled the USF game this year was so they’d be familiar with the arena in Tampa.

We won there 58-52.

Wow. That's some next level planning for the future right there.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Florida, TN and Arky beat Auburn on their home courts.

Most importantly, AU led all three of these games and had their shot at beating FL and ARK on the final possession in regulation, but Green had brain farts in both. Led TN by double digits. Would have beaten UConn in regulation if Jabari rebounds the missed FT.

If they can play that well in hostile crowds, they should have leads against everyone in the 2nd half on a neutral court. Whether they can finish those leads is still a mystery. As long as Green can get the ball to Jabari in crunch time, preferably around a screen, we’ll have a chance to beat everyone. And if the double team comes, be prepared to find the open man. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, 81spacetiger said:

In the 1st round I believe:

1. MIZ takes down OM

2. Vandy bests uga

What say you?

These were all my picks; looser of each game was shaded.  The only upset was Vandy besting ua.

2022 SEC Tourney.jpg