SEC Tournament

I'm sure Bama, despite their weak record, is still going to be a number 5 seed. They might even move bama up after this loss. After the first month of the season, the braketologist made up their minds that bama was a solid tournament team, and no matter how many times they lost, they just never dropped much. How good is Houston really? And you really have to ask yourself how good Gonzaga, bamas other big win, even is. Gonzaga, in the SEC this year, I truly believe would have had 4 to 5 conference losses.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmbseeker00 said:

I'm sure Bama, despite their weak record, is still going to be a number 5 seed. They might even move bama up after this loss. After the first month of the season, the braketologist made up their minds that bama was a solid tournament team, and no matter how many times they lost, they just never dropped much. How good is Houston really? And you really have to ask yourself how good Gonzaga, bamas other big win, even is. Gonzaga, in the SEC this year, I truly believe would have had 4 to 5 conference losses.

Gonzaga would have been lucky to be a 4 seed in the SEC Tourney. The love for that program is amazing. They have been to the tourney 24 times in a row and went on the two runs to the Final 4 in the past 5 years, never winning. Maybe if we make a F4 soon we can get similar coverage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Gonzaga would have been lucky to be a 4 seed in the SEC Tourney. The love for that program is amazing. They have been to the tourney 24 times in a row and went on the two runs to the Final 4 in the past 5 years, never winning. Maybe if we make a F4 soon we can get similar coverage

I don't doubt Pearl will put together more F4 teams but man this feels like the best shot as far as overall balance.  My goodness is we could have gotten Desi Stills as that Lethal shooting guard, it would have been. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I don't doubt Pearl will put together more F4 teams but man this feels like the best shot as far as overall balance.  My goodness is we could have gotten Desi Stills as that Lethal shooting guard, it would have been. 

Yeah Stills would have been an unbelievable add for this team!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Yeah Stills would have been an unbelievable add for this team!

I thought so too, until I looked at his stats this season - 25% 3 pt shooter.  Slightly better than Cambridge and Flanigan, but worse than Wen, KD, and Jasper.

BTW, Jasper needs to shoot more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I thought so too, until I looked at his stats this season - 25% 3 pt shooter.  Slightly better than Cambridge and Flanigan, but worse than Wen, KD, and Jasper.

Where did he go? Nm ... i looked it up.  Ark St. I see he only averages 1-4 from 3 a game yet plays 29 mins a game.  He must be running more point or driving the ball.  Either way, I'm sure he would likely do better on a better team.  He averaged 31% for 2 years at Ark. After going 46%his freshman year.  Looks like he's stayed consistent at 44% overall FG percentage. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That probably has a lot to do with the looks and such.  If he had come to AU with Smith & Kessler then he would have had a LOT better opportunity.

IMO

Edited by LKEEL75

So.  Hot shooting Aggies against a UT team peaking at right time.  Rooting for the Aggies. Got buddies that went there. 

So freaking happy that Arkansas and Kentucky lost. It doesn't make us losing okay but at least I can shoot back at all of the people that DMed me on twitter yesterday.

• Love 3