Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

Down 20 at the under 12. Needs to be half of that at the under 8 or it's over. I feel like we have a run in us at some point, right??

Need to keep them from scoring. We are playing better but A&M is keeping pace. Dug ourselves too big a hole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Something is going to have to click for our guys, or we aren't going to be dancing for long.

We won't. We have nobody on this team that can drive the basketball that's over 6' tall. 

And to think I was mad because  we weren't a lock for a 1 seed after winning the best conference in the country. We'll have trouble winning the 2-15 match up playing like this. 

This team has zero offensive spark

Welp. Can't really say i'm surprised. Hopefully we can finish the game in a rhythm and it fuels them for the tournament. I just don't understand why we don't drive the ball. 

Outside of Jabari, they all should be driving the ball and looking to get to the FT line.

Honestly we started the woes once Jabari started scoring 25 a game.  Or was he scoring 25 a game because of our poor shooting?  Just wish we could find that balance. 

Edited by AUBwins

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Welp. Can't really say i'm surprised. Hopefully we can finish the game in a rhythm and it fuels them for the tournament. I just don't understand why we don't drive the ball. 

Outside of Jabari, they all should be driving the ball and looking to get to the FT line.

Outside of jabari and Kessler, this is a very average team. We are missing a true three point assassin. Wait until we lose both of them after this year. As I said earlier I think we are out of big tourney after game 2. The play of this team has been really poor for weeks now. Wrong time to show true colors. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Smh, they are 8-14 from 3, we are 4-24

We shouldn't be shooting that many 3s in the first place. This is flat out embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Terrible. Just terrible. Also, A&M can't miss. We are truly playing uninspired ball. Well, on the bright side, we'll get some rest before the big dance. Oh well...

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Outside of jabari and Kessler, this is a very average team. We are missing a true three point assassin. Wait until we lose both of them after this year. As I said earlier I think we are out of big tourney after game 2. The play of this team has been really poor for weeks now. Wrong time to show true colors. 

What makes you think we are going to beat the 15 seed?

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Our home court really gave them a boost too. Good scouting and game plan by A&M.

• Like 1

Not ready to play. Brick city on 3's.. drag a$$ing around. Bruce didn't have any answers.. Just keep chuckin up the 3.. at least let Berman play. He may actually make one

• Like 1

TAMU 3 pt shots are open without players in their face. One guard beats us on a drive we collapse inside and the outside guard is wide open. Our guards are consistently getting beat on the dribble. Then on top of that they have no big men on the floor and we won't pass inside. As I said earlier our guards have no basketball IQ. They play hard but often out of control take to many chances on steals and that leaves somebody open.

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Certainly we peaked early. We could certainly use better shooting. But moreso better basketball IQ by our guards. Been screaming that for weeks. At least we got some hardware this season. 

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Terrible. Just terrible. Also, A&M can't miss. We are truly playing uninspired ball. Well, on the bright side, we'll get some rest before the big dance. Oh well...

We had rest before THIS game. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1