Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

To sum it all  up... the most frustrating thing for me about this team is HOW we lose games. From the coaches to the players, we don't seem to learn from our mistakes and flaws as a team. 

I get Bruce puts a lot of trust in his players and that's very appealing. However, knowing the personality and play of his this team, he should know when to step in and get things under control before it goes sideways. This team is good but clearly inexperienced in certain situations. That's where coaching needs to step in and get things calmed down. Run a few sets for certain players. 

For us not to be a good 3 pt shooting and just a good shooting team overall, we jack up way too may jump shots. 

• Like 1

I really really hate A&M.  Probably right behind the updykes and thuga

• Like 1

0-14 should be next to insanity in the dictionary for an example. Just think if just 4 of those were baskets and 4-14 is still bad

Edited by e808

A lot of talent but once again mentality. You got to be dialed in as a top team. Lucky you live another day in college basketball. 

6 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Most talented team with the worst team mentality

This is not even close to the most talented team in the country. We have two all-Americans and a group of very mediocre guards and wings that play hard. We win because of our mentality! 

• Like 1

67-62 A&M final. Dug too big of a hole, showed a lot of heart late, missed fts were huge in this game and it showed up at the end. We had chances to swing things our way late, just couldn't capitalize. On to the ncaa tournament. War eagle everybody 

We did this to ourselves. The real question is if this half will help us grow and build resiliency for the NCAA tournament. Down by 20 at 10-minute mark and gave ourselves a chance to swoop in at the end. Hate to say it, but unless KD and Green catch fire we're in for a struggle in some games (assuming we do win). 

I almost hope Auburn falls to a 3 seed so when St Mary’s school for the blind knocks Auburn out round 1 it’s not the 1 seed going down.

26 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, yep gotta keep him out there and let him work through it. When he gets in playing shape it’ll be different. :) 

we've basically been playing for next season for about 50 in game minutes now, its unironically how I'd prefer to view the rest of this season

I’m trying not to react from emotion, but I have to place the blame on Bruce Pearl for refusing to give up on the three point shot in the first.  Refusal to adjust until it was way too late in the second half.  I hate it for Jabri and Walker.  

• Like 3

Donaldson being a legitimate point guard and Westry seemingly shaping up to be a 1 should prevent defenses from just keying in on one guy and killing the rest of the offense like what has happened for a month and a half. If you can happen to find a bootleg Jabari Smith and/or Walker Kessler, next season could be pretty similar to this one in success 

I would be beating a dead horse by saying that it all comes down to guard play. Guards shooting 7/37 isn't going to win any games. The team needs to develop better composure when times get tough and work instead of playing hero ball. It is what it is. I admire their fight. They to play hungry the entire game instead of desperate. 

• Like 2

It's frustrating because despite our visible weaknesses this team is good enough to play like a D2 team for 75% of the game and almost come back from 20. But we keep getting into these holes with the same ole stuff.

KD, love you man, but at some point you gotta realize it's not your day and find other ways to impact the game. They showed a graphic saying the previous worst was 0-12 in 2011. But despite that, we almost came back. Go through Kessler and Smith like we did in the second half and there's still hope we can win some 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I’m trying not to react from emotion, but I have to place the blame on Bruce Pearl for refusing to give up on the three point shot in the first.  Refusal to adjust until it was way too late in the second half.  I hate it for Jabri and Walker.  

A&M forced that. Those 3's were wide open.

• Like 3