Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

ZERO ball movement from KD. He needs to sit on the bench. I'm so sick of seeing him do that.

Lol. He only knows one speed

Guess they were too focused on Arkansas?  It is a bit mind-boggling the performance.  Is Bruce's best team he may ever have going to crap the bed?  No...we'll beat the brakes of in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Need to work it inside and get the fouls.

Atm will continue to play aggressive as long as we just throw up threes and won’t contest down low. 

Then again, if we hit just a third of those threes…

Not hitting our free throws either. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Man. These game threads are worse than the football game threads. Some of y'all are soft as hell, lol.

BB team starting to resemble football team.

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

Bruce explained why he allows his guys to shoot so many 3's even when the team is cold and he said "my guys give 100% on defense and that's nearly impossible to find in college. I tell them if you give me 100% on defense, I'll let you shoot your shot on offense." 

I still don't like this approach because after 32 games, you are what you are and we aren't good from 3.

That has always been my primary critique of Bruce: being a "player's coach" to a fault. Obviously, overall it has worked to our benefit very much, but at any given point of a particular game, it can leave us shaking our heads at a lack of discipline. Like Bowers running the point, playing Flan when he's a turnover machine, letting Cambridge jack up 3's, last year's poor defensive efforts, the list goes on. When it embarrassingly shows up, like in this half, it is so frustrating. TAMU has been playing fairly well the past few weeks, but AU should not be down like this. This is on Bruce. Let's hope for a comeback. As we saw yesterday, TAMU can go cold and let a team back in it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This isn’t a 1 seed. Hell we may be the 5th best team is the SEC right now. We have no identity anymore. Just throw up three’s and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1