Softball vs Texas AM weekend

Opening SEC play tonight.  Hope we get rid of Aggie frustrations tonight lol.  

Game starts at 6pm ct

Edited by AUBwins

Shelby gets the ball in 1st inning.  Runner got on, then Shelby turns an unassisted double play after getting a line out.  Next batter got out as well.  

Bottom 1.  Peralta gets a 2 out hit to the wall and missed the sign to get a triple.  Stops at 2nd.

Blaine follows that up with a 3-2 single up the middle to score Peralta.  Impressive hit because she thought 2 straight pitches were ball 4 and started to first each time.  Kept composed and got the hit. 

FC out at 2nd for out 3.

AUBURN LEADS 1-0 AFTER 1.

Rough top half for Lowe.  Aggies score 3 runs, including a 2 run bomb to dead center.  

TAMU leads 3-1. Auburn coming up. 

Going to 6th. TAMU leading 4-3. We've had runners but can't get that big hit.  We did get 1 good hit as Garcia hit a 2 run homer to give us the 3 runs.

• Like 1

Bottom 7th rally by Auburn plates 1 run to tie it at 4. Extra softball. 

Bottom 8th. Denver Bryant up and tied at 4.

WALK OFF HOMER IN DEEP RCF!!!!!! AUBURN WINS 5-4. WAR EAGLE!!

• Like 4

Proud of the girls for coming back from 3 down.  aTm an aggressive hitting team, had 13 hits tonight.  Not intimidated by Penta.    The surprise was the ineffectiveness of Lowe.  Hope this isn't an indication of arm troubles.  Denver Bryant an entirely  different player this year.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

These girls can hit though.  Proud of hanging tough.  They really needed a game like this.  We usually lead the full game.  Good to see our freshmen continue to lead when down.  I like this group. Actually have a lineup that gives you many different looks as a pitcher. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Denver Bryant an entirely  different player this year.

If I remember correctly, I felt like she struck out chasing alot of balls last year. She's really been effective at the plate this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Denver Bryant an entirely  different player this year.

I recall getting really excited when she signed with AU. I guess she needed a season to grow up because she's doing great this time around.

11 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Proud of the girls for coming back from 3 down.  aTm an aggressive hitting team, had 13 hits tonight.  Not intimidated by Penta.    The surprise was the ineffectiveness of Lowe.  Hope this isn't an indication of arm troubles.  Denver Bryant an entirely  different player this year.

To me, it appeared she was having issues keeping the ball out of the kill zone.  Those big hits were waist high over the plate. Not typical for her.   Hopefully something she can correct.  We know she had tape on her wrist in early season games so nagging injury is a possibility as you stated.  KK exceeded my expectations; especially just recently returning post injury.  Good for her.  It will be a tough weather game today with wind chill around 30 degrees.  I will need to bundle up just to watch on TV.

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 1

I want to give KK a little more glory.  She saved the game for us until the hitters could catch us up.  Also want to mention that superb throwdown from Godwyn in top 8.  Peralta basically just caught the ball against the runner's leg.  Magnificent play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

It will be a tough weather game today with wind chill around 30 degrees.  I will need to bundle up just to watch on TV.

Just saw on Twitter - no game today.  DH tomorrow beginning at 11.

• Thanks 1

They had originally moved it to 1 but this system moved through a little quicker

Wonderful if the Sunday games will be on TV. The game for today was supposed to be on SEC Network and Sunday on SEC+. Haven't seen if they've announced that or not.

Lowe's rise ball was NOT rising and as slot said left it in the kill zone as a high fastball. Game moved to tomorrow gives pitchers more rest for our girls and for A&M. Lowe's wrist appears to not allow the spin we have seen.. She should have been rested and not over worked against the lesser teams we played thus far... IMO

KK did a phenomenal job.

AUBURN, Ala. – Due to Saturday's severe wind and freezing temperatures, No. 20 Auburn softball and Texas A&M have postponed its Saturday contest and will play a doubleheader on Sunday.

First pitch has been moved to 11 a.m. CT. The doubleheader is slated to air on the SEC Network+.

Auburn's planned alumni recognition as well as its visor giveaway will also be moved to Sunday.

I notice Godwin has gotten more play at catcher lately.  She's had a hot bat though. 

• Like 1

Maddie absolutely dealing in first inning and strikes out the side against the top of TAMU order. 

Auburn gets a run in the bottom half on a Sydney Cox home run!!

Auburn 1-0 going to 2nd.