Where Auburn can expect to be seeded in NCAA Tournament

aubiefifty

38 minutes ago, e808 said:

Kentucky has a pretty path and Tamu got hosed IMO.

Nope. They got our brothers in arms Murray State to deal with round 2!

• Like 3

I really like AUburn’s placement. It’s a great bracket to go on a deep run. 

No way should two Big 12 teams have a #1 Seed, when one of them lost their first tournament game.

And I do not want to hear the committee talking about "trending to explain the above, and in the same breath explain away TAMU getting bypassed.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

No way should two Big 12 teams have a #1 Seed, when one of them lost their first tournament game.

And I do not want to hear the committee talking about "trending to explain the above, and in the same breath explain away TAMU getting bypassed.

I will say, I don’t know who they could’ve put in that 1 seed. Purdue, Kentucky, Auburn all had the choice to make it easy and win and didn’t. In the absence of beating Iowa, I don’t think Purdue should’ve got up anywhere near that high. Maybe Tenn? 
Lunardi said it and it seems to have been born: the committee unfortunately doesn’t put much stock in the majority of the tournament. 

This just further shows that conference tourneys do not matter one iota. Unless you have no shot at a bid and win the damn thing. TN should have moved to a 2 seed and A&M should have played themselves into a bid but neither happened because Conference Tournaments are stupid for multi-bid leagues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

This just further shows that conference tourneys do not matter one iota. Unless you have no shot at a bid and win the damn thing. TN should have moved to a 2 seed and A&M should have played themselves into a bid but neither happened because Conference Tournaments are stupid for multi-bid leagues.

Exactly why I didn't care about us getting bumped out early. Two less games to risk injury and maybe a fire was lit under their asses. We'll see come Friday.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Nope. They got our brothers in arms Murray State to deal with round 2!

Kentucky should beat them just on talent alone

3 hours ago, Indy said:

I would say Baylor has managed to stay a float while missing keys players. I think they have 2 or 3 players out and still managed to win games. How many teams in the top 10 would survive that.

6 hours ago, e808 said:

Kentucky should beat them just on talent alone

Agreed, but Kentucky should beat anyone based on talent alone.  Arguable they are the most talented team in country. 

22 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Toughest?! Where?!

West bracket is STACKED. And Baylor doesn't have an easy route either. We got seeded rather nicely all things considered. UW is kind of scary because of how slow they play (i.e., Virginia in 2019), but, this is manageable. 

You're correct. Now the dust has settled down, I was way off.