AU 2 Seed vs Jax State

toddc

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I remember the 1987 loss to Indiana.  We were killing them with dunks until Bobby yelled at Sonny.  The game instantly changed. 

Why was the chair thrower yelling at Sonny?

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Why was the chair thrower yelling at Sonny?

Play was pretty physical.  There was a foul.  The refs called Sonny and Bobby to the scorers table to get them to settle the players down.  Sonny walked up smiling holding out his hand to Bobby.  Bobby started screaming at Sonny.  Sonny sort of cowered.  We went from dominating to being dominated instantly.

To the best of my memory.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Down to 14.5. Saw that coming. 

I do not like being JSU’s favorite “big brother” target up the road this week. Don’t like the matchup unless CBP can use his history with their coach to have our guys really ready.

Edited by au701948

31 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Play was pretty physical.  There was a foul.  The refs called Sonny and Bobby to the scorers table to get them to settle the players down.  Sonny walked up smiling holding out his hand to Bobby.  Bobby started screaming at Sonny.  Sonny sort of cowered.  We went from dominating to being dominated instantly.

Sonny must have had his game face on. 

InfatuatedSadAurochs-max-1mb.gif

41 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Don't remember Sonny cowering actually remember him holding his own with BK. I do remember the ref's got intimidated but you're correct it help to change the game. 

29 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I do not like being JSU’s favorite “big brother” target up the road this week. Don’t like the matchup unless CBP can use his history with their coach to have our guys really ready.

Always difficult getting an emotional edge on a lower tier in-state team. UAB has always been difficult to beat.

Plus the 3-ball will keep any team in the game. Our short guards have difficulty effecting the 3-ball.

Haven’t seen JSU play, but feel we will out-talent them. Doubt we cover just because we’re 1-5 ATS in our last six. The one we won? OT v MSU.

Practice footage. A lot of made shots, stretch too 😆 

I like some of the drills being run. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

If we win do we know what time our game will be on Sunday????

Very difficult to tell.

Going by this...

https://www.ncaa.com/webview/news%3Abasketball-men%3Aarticle%3A2022-march-madness-schedule

First Round — Friday, March 18

No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 10 Loyola Chicago 12:15 p.m. CBS Pittsburgh

No. 2 Auburn vs. No. 15 Jacksonville State 12:40 p.m. truTV Greenville

No. 3 Texas Tech vs. No. 14 Montana State 1:45 p.m. TNT San Diego

No. 3 Purdue vs. No. 14 Yale 2 p.m. TBS Milwaukee

No. 2 Villanova vs. No. 15 Delaware 2:45 p.m. CBS Pittsburgh

No. 7 Southern California vs. No. 10 Miami (Fla.) 3:10 p.m. truTV Greenville

and this...

Second Round — Saturday, March 19

No. 1 Baylor vs. No. 8 North Carolina 12:10 p.m. CBS Fort Worth

No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 9 Creighton 2:40 p.m. CBS Fort Worth

So maybe on Sunday...

Ohio State / Loyola Chicago vs. Villanova / Delaware at 12:10 p.m

Auburn / Jacksonville State vs. Southern California / Miami (Fla.) at 2:40 p.m

• Like 1

Everyone remember,  the name of the game is survive and advance. AU first tourney game during the final 4 run , we had to survive a last second shot attempt to win.... I will gladly take a 1 pt win today.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Practice footage. A lot of made shots, stretch too 😆 

I like some of the drills being run. 

Gonna go out on a limb and say that if we hit that % of threes at any point in the tourney, we'll be hard to beat lol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Everyone remember,  the name of the game is survive and advance. AU first tourney game during the final 4 run , we had to survive a last second shot attempt to win.... I will gladly take a 1 pt win today.

Yep. We survived what UConn didn't last night.

I think this game will be close. Auburn clearly has more talent on the court, but i believe JAX St. will have a good game plan put in place. We will have to make at least 65% of our FTs to win this game, and that is not a given. I think it also depends on how many 3s Kessler and Cambridge try to jack up. If they miss more than 8 combined, I don't think we have a chance. 

Hopefully we decide to use timeouts in the 1st half, before things get out of control. And when we do call the timeout, actually make an adjustment to the gameplan, if required. 

Play smart basketball, make FTs and limit turnovers, and we will win even if we get beat on the boards.

Edited by dmbseeker00

Key to this game is to make Jax St force the ball inside. You have the best shot blocker in college and they have a smaller line up. Nothing easy behind the arc and lay off the dumb fouls. 

13 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I can’t get comfortable about this team like I was. The shooting woes just make me too anxious. I also haven’t seen Bruce adjust to this very well either. Maybe I’m just scarred from football. 

It's okay brother.  We all have those deep emotional scars.  It takes real courage to make this admission.  It is the first step on the road to healing.

It's basketball.  There won't be any whirlybirds, no dropped passes on critical third downs, no three man rush that gives the opposing team all day to find an open man and, allows a 3rd and 20 conversion. 

Be of light heart.  It's basketball, our season of joy!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yup and there is no way our 2019 team would have beaten this year’s New Mexico St team with the effort we had in the 2019 matchup. 

51 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

We will have to make at least 65% of our FTs to win this game, and that is not a given.

Our FT% has dropped since beating UK, along with other categories. Very concerning. 

Today our guards step it up a bit! Handle the ball well, make smart decisions, make plays to help your teammates score, and play great defense.

Win your individual match up and play for each other. Use this game to set a tone for what you plan on accomplishing this tournament. 

I've been waiting all year for this. Didn't too much care about the regular season.......let's go!

53 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Hopefully we decide to use timeouts in the 1st half, before things get out of control.

This is not a trait of Bruce. He is a very “play-on” HC.