Frank Martin Fired

kennypowers

That sucks.  I liked him.  Maybe Bruce needs another assistant coach.

• Like 3

He looked liked the next big thing in the SEC after that elite 8 run USCe had a few years ago. Wasn't able to recreate that success though. I know he missed a lot of time the last couple season with health issues as well. Tough business

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

That sucks.  I liked him.  Maybe Bruce needs another assistant coach.

Definitely a quality person. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Definitely a quality person. 

For sure, dude is highly respected. Couldn’t get enough big dogs over there though. He’ll definitely land on his feet. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

He looked liked the next big thing in the SEC after that elite 8 run USCe had a few years ago. Wasn't able to recreate that success though. I know he missed a lot of time the last couple season with health issues as well. Tough business

That was actually a Final Four run, Frank Martin's only appearance in the Tournament at Carolina

15 hours ago, gravejd said:

They made the Final Four. Tough business for sure. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I've always felt he was a bit over rated

From a coaching standpoint he is, but he's a real good human being. Obviously coaching requires the former to be better but the latter is where the empathy comes from. South Carolina has been very meh overall so I see why they let him go.  They always have a stretch where they are hard to put away and a stretch where nobody knows they are in the conference lol

He won’t be unemployed long unless he wants to be.  Solid coach who had too much recruiting competition within 200 miles.  Good luck Coach!  

• Like 1