Coach Harsin Quotes on First Practice

toddc

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am not sure it that makes me feel better or worse in Auburn's case.  :(

To be fair Ashford balled out in Oregon's spring game.  He wasn't incompetent, the other guys were just a little better and balled out a little harder.

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I encourage you to go check Oregon’s roster. Ashford was one of 3 freshman QBs. One was the nations 40th ranked recruit, one was 147th, and Ashford was the 290th. Plus a proven grad transfer. Hard for me to understand how that is running away from competition. 

I checked it out & you are correct:  Bo will be in the thick of an intense competition for the Oregon QB1 job with two other redshirt freshmen QBs. 

In addition to returning to his home state, Ashford also made the decision to concentrate on football at AU rather than continue with being a 2-sport college athlete (baseball.)  I think this is an example of his maturity rather than evidence of him running from competition.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I love that this got a like from one of the people being referred to in my post.

Simply not true! Everything I've posted has come with context. I have nothing to gain by demeaning a college athlete. 

Edited by maryland tiger

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

4 years 1231 =~308 att/yr

3 years 1057 =~352 att/yr

White 

'90 338/12 = 28.2 att/gm  6.6 Y/A

'91 327/11 = 29.7 att/gm  6.1 Y/A

'92 305/11 = 27.7 att/gm. 5.9 Y/A

'93 271/11 = 24.6 att/gm 7.6 Y/A

~ 27.7 att/gm  6.55 Y/A  for White's career

Nix 

'19  373/13 = 28.7 att/gm  6.7 Y/A

'20  357/11 = 32.5 att/gm 6.8 Y/A

'21 323/10 = 32.3 att/gm 7.1 Y/A

~ 31.2 att/gm  6.67 Y/A for Nix's career

With more attempts per game and a higher yard/attempt, Nix should have passed White. There are multiple reasons for that beyond Nix was better than White or any other QB he surpassed.  

Who was the better back?

Rudi Johnson or Phil Gargis?

Here is their career yardage...

RJ: 1567 yds

PG: 1879 yds

Era matters, attempts matter, offensive style matters, rule changes matter. Only the disingenuous would try to prop up such a weak stat. All time passing leader at Auburn is like the all-time rusher under Mike leach. Not a big deal.

Everything you said is true and properly illuminates why this stat fails to prove anything about Bo. 

But, just for fun, I will add that Bo is not even the all time passing leader. In fact, he is third, behind Stan and Campbell. His rushing yards are what put him at first in the total offensive yards stat. It would be pretty difficult for any QB to start 3 years in this era without breaking this record, but who cares about that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

A guy who played one year at Auburn isn't going to be on any career stat list. DUH!

Passing touchdown 

Passing touchdowns 

Single game  #6
Rank Player Yards Year Opponent
1 Curtis Kuykendall 307 1944 Miami (FL)
2 Tre Mason 304[11] 2013 Missouri[9]
3 Bo Jackson 290 1985 Southwestern Louisiana
4 Bo Jackson 256 1983 Alabama
5 Joe Cribbs 250 1978 Georgia
6 Rudi Johnson 249 2000 Louisiana Tech
7 Stephen Davis 246 1994 Arkansas
8 Bo Jackson 242 1985 Georgia Tech
9 Bo Jackson 240 1985 Ole Miss
10 Kamryn Pettway 236[12] 2016 Ole Miss

There are others, but I got bored

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

To be fair Ashford balled out in Oregon's spring game.  He wasn't incompetent, the other guys were just a little better and balled out a little harder.

That happens when you show up to campus with an injury and the others dont

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Everything you said is true and properly illuminates why this stat fails to prove anything about Bo. 

But, just for fun, I will add that Bo is not even the all time passing leader. In fact, he is third, behind Stan and Campbell. His rushing yards are what put him at first in the total offensive yards stat. It would be pretty difficult for any QB to start 3 years in this era without breaking this record, but who cares about that. 

Oh I definitely was going to point out the difference between all-time passer and all-time offensive leader, but I was saving that.

It's straining at gnats...for 6 years.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Simply not true! Everything I've posted has come with context. I have nothing to gain by demeaning a college athlete. 

Huh? I wasn't referring to you but he who must not be named.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Huh? I wasn't referring to you but he who must not be named.

FYI, I know you said your bar is coming up soon. Definitely will be praying for you . I just took my boards today for psych NP and passed. Good luck to your brother. Now back to regular programming. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

FYI, I know you said your bar is coming up soon. Definitely will be praying for you . I just to my boards today for psych NP and passed. Good luck to your brother. Now back to regular programming. 

I appreciate that and congratulations to you!

The bar is in late July so I'll be finishing up this last semester taking finals and switching gears to cram for the Bar for 10 weeks straight. Its the kinda exam where you just have to study hard for about 500 hours and you will pass just fine.  School makes us take a Bar preview course as well this last semester that starts laying the foundation for studying.

• Love 1

I’m sick of people acting like Nix was some unique bust. News flash, there hasn’t been a single Auburn QB out of HS since Jason who met expectations. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

FYI, I know you said your bar is coming up soon. Definitely will be praying for you . I just took my boards today for psych NP and passed. Good luck to your brother. Now back to regular programming. 

Freaking awesome!  Way to go, buddy. I know it's been a lot of work. Great job!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Freaking awesome!  Way to go, buddy. I know it's been a lot of work. Great job!

Thank you kind sir. Everybody thought I was crazy for rejecting CRNA and going down this path but the way things are now, I am so happy I did! 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Thank you kind sir. Everybody thought I was crazy for rejecting CRNA and going down this path but the way things are now, I am so happy I did! 

I bet CRNA school is no joke

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I bet CRNA school is no joke

It is insane. You are immersed in study and clinical for 3 whole years. I have two friends going through it and I don't envy them although they will be set for life with longevity in job status when they are done. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

It is insane. You are immersed in study and clinical for 3 whole years. I have two friends going through it and I don't envy them although they will be set for life with longevity in job status when they are done. 

And write their own check

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Congrats, DAG. I know enough through my own profession to understand that is not an easy feat. Now go get and enjoy that hard earned money. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cbo said:

But, just for fun, I will add that Bo is not even the all time passing leader. In fact, he is third, behind Stan and Campbell. His rushing yards are what put him at first in the total offensive yards stat.

But wasn't it great, watching him run for all those key first downs and the occasional TD? Meanwhile, rushing yards, passing yards, whatever.  Bo Nix is Auburn's all-time offense leader.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are others, but I got bored

I should have posted, AT THE TOP of any career stat list, which none are. By the way, at the top is where Bo Nix is.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

More attempts + higher Y/A = more yardage. 

It does not mean better quarterback

Is that confusing to anyone else besides Mikey?

Is the fact that Stan White had 1231 attempts and that's more attempts than Nix's 1057 confusing to anyone but bigbird?

Why do you keep trying to claim that 1231 is a smaller number than 1057? Summer school will be coming soon, maybe you should consider a remedial arithmetic course.

Edited by Mikey

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

But wasn't it great, watching him run for all those key first downs and the occasional TD? Meanwhile, rushing yards, passing yards, whatever.  Bo Nix is Auburn's all-time offense leader.

It really was great watching those moments. He made some exciting things happen for Auburn. I'm sure someone could put together an amazing highlight reel of Bo over his three years. 

But much more often than those moments were the mistakes by Bo. Ignoring every coach ever by bailing on the pocket early, running back 20 yards, and throwing off his back foot. Missing wide open WRs down field. Throwing bad INTs. Crumbling against elite D's.

Bo had his moments but when he was off, he was waaaay off. No consistency.

The craziest thing to me is the same people who tend to badmouth players and oppose players' rights will bend over backwards to defend Bo. Even when he yelled at his teammates and threw his tantrums. Even when he transferred out when he had a great shot at starting again. Even when his family whined about Auburn fans after he left. Why does Bo get the benefit of the doubt from some more than any other player?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I should have posted, AT THE TOP of any career stat list, which none are. By the way, at the top is where Bo Nix is.

goal-post-moving.gif

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Is the fact that Stan White had 1231 attempts and that's more attempts than Nix's 1057 confusing to anyone but bigbird?

Obviously 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why do you keep trying to claim that 1231 is a smaller number than 1057?

Show me where I did. Nix had more attempts per game and per year than Nix. Fact.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Summer school will be coming soon, maybe you should consider a remedial arithmetic course.

I've already shown the math. It checks out.  You're more than welcome to double check it and let us know where I went wrong.

012.JPG