Coach Harsin Quotes on First Practice

toddc

16 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Because Auburn fans had the audacity to question him when he was an extremely mediocre QB

this is one of the biggest factors, he wanted unconditional love in return.

he also got coached harder and pressed more to be better at his craft, he got tough love for the first time.

I felt he responded fine to it, but who knows what he was thinking.

I forget after which game it was but Bo was busy posting pictures of what clothes to wear for Tigerwalk while at the store that was sponsoring him Friday before the game and then came out and played like garbage.  It was pointed out how selfish that was from someone who is suppose to be the leader.  I mentioned at the time he got his ass chewed.

I honestly think the best thing for Bo would have been to stay at Auburn.  He was finely getting to learn how to be a true quarterback and not a backyard baller.  He was getting coached up for the first time  and was progressing positively.  I also think he could have learned to be a better leader, another factor in him not being guaranteed starter status.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I forget after which game it was but Bo was busy posting pictures of what clothes to wear for Tigerwalk while at the store that was sponsoring him Friday before the game and then came out and played like garbage.  It was pointed out how selfish that was from someone who is suppose to be the leader.  I mentioned at the time he got his ass chewed.

This probably falls under stupid criticism.  By coaches or the fans alike.  Players are all doing non-football things the Friday before a game.  Him posting that picture didn't make any difference.  Hell, it's probably BS b/c looking at his timeline he posted things the Friday before the Miss State game.

21 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I honestly think the best thing for Bo would have been to stay at Auburn.  He was finely getting to learn how to be a true quarterback and not a backyard baller.  He was getting coached up for the first time  and was progressing positively.  I also think he could have learned to be a better leader, another factor in him not being guaranteed starter status.

I agree.  He probably would have had a lot of hype.  His final 4 games was the best stretch of football he ever played.  I think over those 4 games he completed 67% of his passes.  He wasn't perfect, but he got a lot better during the course of the year and it probably would have continued. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

apologists

Please don't appropriate the slang we use against Gus Flat Earthers...

/s

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

the great amounts of talent that's been coming to the Big Cat events in prior years. 

You misunderstand, we are speaking to different types of talent.  I was speaking to talent that never visited Auburn because Gus's scheme was not conducive to preparing them for the NFL.  Your prototypical NFL WRs, TEs, QBs, OL wouldn't even visit Auburn bc of Gus's scheme, the type recruits that came to big cat are not who I was referring too.

So we are not on the same page, hence your confusion.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

this is one of the biggest factors, he wanted unconditional love in return.

he also got coached harder and pressed more to be better at his craft, he got tough love for the first time.

I felt he responded fine to it, but who knows what he was thinking.

Unfortunately, the locker room improved as soon as he quit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I choose to not believe this rumor, mainly because it defies common sense. Bo Nix and his family have spent a lifetime around competitive sports. They know that things don't work like that, demands aren't asked for nor granted in competitive situations. Also, a blind man could see that, barring injury, Nix would be the starting QB this coming season.

This rumor both defies common sense and is a handy excuse for apologists to pull out when needed.

True, if you are going by the assumption that Harsin wouldn't have hit the portal had he stayed. I think they were looking at all options, hence the Nix's worries. It's his money year. He can't afford to sit on the bench. He needs good tape

40 minutes ago, au302 said:

True, if you are going by the assumption that Harsin wouldn't have hit the portal had he stayed. I think they were looking at all options, hence the Nix's worries. It's his money year. He can't afford to sit on the bench. He needs good tape

He might've messed up, then. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Didba said:

So we are not on the same page, hence your confusion.

You are badly confused if you think future NFL talent wasn't coming to the Big Cat events. Your wishful thinking doesn't prove that some prospects avoided Auburn events because of schemes.

• Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, au302 said:

Harsin did hit the portal after Nix left. Those portal QB's Harsin was able to attract haven't done anything to indicate they would finish better than 3nd team behind Finley, had Nix stayed. It's questionable if even the two that came through the portal would have come had Nix stayed.

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not when that Mod knows things you don't

Well then, by all means share your knowledge. This " Nanny-nanny-boo-boo I know something you don't know" sounds like 2nd grade playground stuff.

One of the truest sayings I have ever heard, and I’ve said it before on here:

”There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.”

Bo won us a lot of games. We lost some games that we might have won if he had played, but that’s only because his back up, as of last season, wasn’t much better overall. Bo was average, and above average at best. That’s not a knock on him or a personal attack at all. When you go back and see just the sheer amount of absolute routine throws that he misses that even good quarterbacks should be making, it becomes clear that he wasn’t a “great” quarterback, or even “good” (sounds harsh, I know). He was a super hard worker, super dedicated, and a fighter. But he struggled with basic expectations. If you’ve been following any Oregon stuff, even his head coach has only praised his intangibles, not his actual ability as a qb (that I’ve seen). That alone speaks volumes. Unfortunately, I personally do not expect Bo to start even at Oregon, unless he has to.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well then, by all means share your knowledge. This " Nanny-nanny-boo-boo I know something you don't know" sounds like 2nd grade playground stuff.

I have. Feel free to look for it yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have. Feel free to look for it yourself.

Yup! WDE has, too. Cap'n Clowntown has read them all. Alas, they contained actual information and not anecdotes that support his biases and preconceived notions, sooooo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Unfortunately, the locker room improved as soon as he quit.

Cubelic was hot on that very subject all last year. He said there would have been fist fights in his day if any QB had called out players for screwing up, after they missed easy passes and took unnecessary sacks in the same game. Bo did this a lot. I personally wish Bo had stayed and continued to get better. However, I remember some NFL commentator defining a great QB as someone who makes everyone on O better. That was number one on his list.

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Cubelic was hot on that very subject all last year.

Some will continue and refuse to listen. 

12 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

He said there would have been fist fights in his day if any QB had called out players for screwing up, after they missed easy passes and took unnecessary sacks in the same game.

We all watched this happen, unless we were one of those trying to convince ourselves it was something else. This isn't conjecture or your opinion or Cubelic's opinion, either. We saw this. It's who the kid is, but hopefully he is humbled in Eugene and finds a way forward in the sport. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You are badly confused if you think future NFL talent wasn't coming to the Big Cat events. Your wishful thinking doesn't prove that some prospects avoided Auburn events because of schemes.

Most of it was defensive talent.. very few skill guys and OL guys were drafted during Gustav regime

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

You are so toxic lmao, but no I'm not confused.  There are interviews of prototypical NFL recruits, their high school coaches and former players that have opined to my point.

Also like I said we still aren't talking about the same thing thus you are the one confused. You just say nfl talent. I'm saying prototypical nfl talent. We aren't speaking to the same type of recruits. Like I said before.  My group is narrower than yours.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Most of it was defensive talent.. very few skill guys and OL guys were drafted during Gustav regime

Still having trouble with understanding a conversation, I see. The topic was the quality of talent coming to Auburn on recruiting visits. Who eventually attended Auburn is a very different question, one that wasn't being discussed.

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Still having trouble with understanding a conversation, I see. The topic was the quality of talent coming to Auburn on recruiting visits. Who eventually attended Auburn is a very different question, one that wasn't being discussed.

There were a good many type, especially from the OL and QB groups that never visited because of the system that was being run.  With the change in system that CBH has made, it is getting the attention of a lot of the types that previously wouldn't give us a 2nd look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No, I'm not having trouble understanding the conversation. Its all related.I don't care how much talent comes on visits. How many do u sign is the question. What difference does it make if they come on a visit but dont sign?( BTW , same goes for Harsin). The simple fact is Gus scheme led to few opportunities to make it to next level, with a couple of exceptions. So, if your argument is Gus could get them to visit. Why couldn't he get them to sign? 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dude stop being toxic. We are talking about different things. You don't get to decide the topic I am discussing just to fit your narrative. The topic I have talking about was not the quality of talent that comes to Auburn. It was that your Josh Allens, Justin Herberts, Davante Adams, and other prototypical NFL talent were not visiting Auburn due to Gus's scheme  The only person having trouble is you.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Didba said:

Dude stop being toxic. We are talking about different things. You don't get to decide the topic I am discussing just to fit your narrative. The topic I have talking about was not the quality of talent that comes to Auburn. It was that your Josh Allens, Justin Herberts, Davante Adams, and other prototypical NFL talent were not visiting Auburn due to Gus's scheme  The only person having trouble is you.

I wasn't responding to you, I quoted a different poster. In the future you should pay more attention to such details.