Coach Harsin Quotes on First Practice

toddc

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

There were three new head coaches in the SEC last season.

In 2020 there were 3 new head coaches. Pittman and Leach won 3 or 4 games each. Kiffin finished 5-5. This year all 3 went bowling, Pittman’s Hawgs finished ranked, and Kiffin took a 10 win team to the Sugar Bowl. Between year 1 and 2 Leach experienced mass defections of players. None of those 3 came close to recruiting at a high level early on. Each case is different. Each season in the SEC is different. So is Harsin’s and time will tell. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not too early to compare his results with other first year SEC coaches. I've already done that for you, see above.

Too early to make judgments on them too

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Fun coach?

Treating them like dogs again. 😅

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

In 2020 there were 3 new head coaches. Pittman and Leach won 3 or 4 games each Kiffin finished 5-5.

Please. Think it through before posting. They only had 10 games and all were SEC games. Add three gimme games to their records and Kiffin finishes 8-5, the others finish with six or seven wins and all go to bowl games.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Please. Think it through before posting. They only had 10 games and all were SEC games. Add three gimme games to their records and Kiffin finishes 8-5, the others finish with six or seven wins and all go to bowl games.

Take away the gimme games and your guy had several 5 win seasons at AU and at least one losing season. It’s called revising history by deciding which games do and don’t count in different seasons for different teams and coaches. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

He was hittin it though lol 

I swear I heard the guy next to him say he should have the media out there. Lol. I’m glad our guy dances on the field instead of gyrating with recruits on a spinning dish like LSUs guy. 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

the others finish with six or seven wins and all go to bowl games.

Who else did this last season?

Interesting how "treachery" has been submitted for "ineptness". Job reviews are necessary. Childish cluelessnes re media damage control by hired professional 3d parties during a job review is hickish.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I swear I heard the guy next to him say he should have the media out there. Lol. I’m glad our guy dances on the field instead of gyrating with recruits on a spinning dish like LSUs guy. 😅

That was so awkward and he didn’t even get the recruit 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:41 AM, bigbird said:

Have you ever ran a practice? Rarely do things ever end right on time.  A lot of the time periods will get reset, clocks will get paused, and drills/work will be rerun.  Ending on time indicates that each position coach was organized and run effectively enough to end together.  

Yep....even way back in the day....85/86 when shorts and helmet practice ever seemed to end pretty consitent.....others seemed to depend on the pratice itself and if extra bleacher running or wind sprints were required to send a message

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Who else did this last season?

The new coaches at Tennessee and South Carolina.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Take away the gimme games and your guy had several 5 win seasons at AU and at least one losing season. It’s called revising history by deciding which games do and don’t count in different seasons for different teams and coaches. 

I suppose you're talking about Gus with the "my guy" comment. This discussion is about new coaches in their first year. "My guy" took a 3-9 team and turned it into an SEC champion that played for the national title in his first year. Again, think before posting.

The 2020 new coaches, unlike this past year's guys, didn't have the luxury of playing three or four small schools. That's why your comparison of 2020 and 2021 new coaches doesn't work.

For 2021, the only new SEC coach who took over a program with a winning record in 2020 (Auburn) is also the only new coach that had a losing record in 2021. That's not impressive.

Harsin still has another year to show improvement and I, as should all AU fans, hope he succeeds. Do I think he'll succeed? No, as I've seen nothing that indicates improvement in any major area.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I suppose you're talking about Gus with the "my guy" comment. This discussion is about new coaches in their first year. "My guy" took a 3-9 team and turned it into an SEC champion that played for the national title in his first year. Again, think before posting.

The 2020 new coaches, unlike this past year's guys, didn't have the luxury of playing three or four small schools. That's why your comparison of 2020 and 2021 new coaches doesn't work.

For 2021, the only new SEC coach who took over a program with a winning record in 2020 (Auburn) is also the only new coach that had a losing record in 2021. That's not impressive.

Harsin still has another year to show improvement and I, as should all AU fans, hope he succeeds. Do I think he'll succeed? No, as I've seen nothing that indicates improvement in any major area.

Notice when you reply with exact facts, statistics, wins and losses, there are crickets from the Harsin Apologists? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

What he is talking about is because of the Covid season, it was all SEC games. Their were no Alabama State or Georgia State on the schedule.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:12 PM, Mikey said:

Love is earned, not gifted. The love won't come until and unless a number of things are reversed. The losing streak is snapped, recruiting above 9th in the SEC, transfer portal additions ranked better than 29th, player retention in the portal doing better than losing 20 while gaining five, an end to fruit-basket turnover in the coaching staff....

To date, there's not a lot of reason to show any love.

Again, all facts; their response, all crickets!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, bigbird said:

lucy-weird.gif

One of your boys assistant coaches quoted here: Hoke added that he overheard Coach Ike say "it's a s***show today”

On a Harsin positive: he sure is consistent with his assistant coaches.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Notice when you reply with exact facts, statistics, wins and losses, there are crickets from the Harsin Apologists? 

Interesting...you sure didn't want to listen to stats and figures the previous 8 years.  Why the sudden change is your metrics?

I know...I know...CBH bad, Gus Good. Carry on with you unbiasedness.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Who knew you went to high school? Good info 

Yes sir same as you........only difference being horse and buggy wasn't main mode of transportation😉

• Haha 2