so whaty happens to lsu moving forward?

aubiefifty

they got that loss of institutional control in basketball and football which i have always been told is the worst charge they can bring against you. i think basketball gets stomped on by the ncaa since basically lsu and wade gave the ncaa the finger after all the charges were brought out. and i would be shocked if any of their programs would get the death penalty but severe penalties and taking a bunch of schollies from them might get the attention on other cheaters. i am not up with the football stuff as much but coach o was one cheating fool way back with bush and company. i think the penalties should really hurt them. i understand there are a ton of lies floating around so i might not be close but what do you guys think should happen? and no i do not care about new coaches moving forward. i am pretty sure the new football coach knows what he is facing unless he was lied to. as for wades replacement i hope they have to hire a jr high coach to replace him. i also think lsu should sue wade as well. from all i have seen he does not care that he was caught cheating and all i think will happen is it will teach him to be a better cheat. what say yee fam?

IMO, Wade will get a 10 yr show cause and no college program will touch him because he's an idiot that can't be trusted.  He lied to the NCAA and his employer, he withheld phone records and banking information and slow played the investigation.  Armstrong (Wade's asst named in the LOA) will get a 3-5 yr show cause for offering $300,000 to a recruit with Wade's knowledge. 

LSU will get at least 5 yrs probation for basketball + scholarship reductions + at least one post season ban and that will cripple their basketball program for several years.  LSU football will likely get 3 yrs probation, disassociation of Odell Beckham and a few scholarships reduced.  They already imposed a bowl ban for football in '20 I believe. 

We got 5 yrs probation for the Persons mess, and Bruce got a 2 game suspension and that was after we'd gone above and beyond by self-imposing our own penalties.  We sat 2 players for over a full season, voluntarily reduced our recruiting process and reduced our own scholarships + a post season ban.  

LSU will fight the lack of institutional control and failure to monitor charges and claim they've terminated anyone involved with the allegations.  I just don't see Wade coaching at the college level every again, he'll go NBA or international to make a living.  

• Like 2