Softball vs South Carolina 2022

Lowe strikes out the side in order. Great start to the game!

Packer grounds out, Roach with a Single!

Peralta DOUBLES and Roach SCORES!

Blaine and Garcia ground out to end the 1st.

1-0 Auburn

Lowe gets the leadoff batter out. Then hits the next batter, and walks a runner on a 3-2 battle.

Next out on a fielder's choice. Runners on corner.

Another error from Peralta and the runner scores. She's had WAY too many errors this season at 3rd and something that Dean has been trying to find a cure for.

Runner steals second. And then Lowe walks another batter on a 3-2 count. Bases loaded with 2 outs. :(

1-1

Nice running play by Garcia to get the out in foul territory. But the damage is done with 0 hits in the inning.

Ellis, Godwin, Bryant up.

1-1 B2nd

Ellis reaches on an error. Smith runs for her.

Smith steals second!

Godwin strikes out swinging.

Bryant flies out to CF and Smith moves up to third. Aggressive base running. Need to bring her in!

Sigh. Geraghty strikes out on 3 pitches.

1-1 Tied game T3rd

Edited by tgrogan21

58 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Roach is starting at SS and Geraghty in LF for Game 2

Really don't get having Geraghty starting. McCondichie has been great in that 9 hole all season.

• Like 1

Ellis obviously comes back in at 1B for Smith.

Lowe's control is still an issue as she gives up a 4 pitch walk.

And she's done (for now). Dismukes comes in to pitch for Lowe. Really starting to worry about our pitching if there's truth to some of the injuries.

• Like 1

Hate to see it. Lowe is in an emotional state in the dugout. Can't tell if she's crying or not but she's not happy about her performance. Having to be consoled by someone on the coaching staff.

Great diving catch in the sun by Garcia!!!!

Another batter hit by a pitch. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

A single and a runner scores. Runners still on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Ellis cut off the throw home ... for some reason.

2-1 South Carolina.

Edited by tgrogan21

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Really don't get having Geraghty starting. McCondichie has been great in that 9 hole all season.

I don't either. I missed some of the game yesterday. Did McCondichie have that many errors yesterday? 

1 minute ago, TD1 said:

I don't either. I missed some of the game yesterday. Did McCondichie have that many errors yesterday? 

I missed the first 3 and a half innings. I didn't see any when I was watching. I'll look during commercial break and get back to you.

• Like 1

Fielder's choice and the runner is out at 3rd. Ground out to Dismukes to get out of it.

Packer, Roach, Peralta coming up.

2-1 South Carolina B3rd

5 minutes ago, TD1 said:

McCondichie had 0 errors. Only 1 at bat and a strikeout. Announcers during the game today mentioned she had been cold to start SEC play but I mean that doesn't mean she should be sitting on the bench. Peralta had 4 errors yesterday and 1 already today. I think she has had 18 this season.

Edit: Peralta has had 14 errors this season, including this game.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Can't tell if she's crying or not but she's not happy about her performance. Having to be consoled by someone on the coaching staff.

I believe she was crying. I really hope that she can get healthy soon. 

And I'm just as confused as you were about Ellis cutting the ball off. Godwin was understandably frustrated. 

• Like 1

Packer with a single to start the half inning for Auburn!

Moves to second on a Roach groundout to 1B.

Peralta singles up the middle. SS with a diving grab to keep it in the infield and Packer at 3rd. At least Peralta's bat is still there just hope her fielding improves or we'll struggle to stay competitive. McCondichie pinch runs for Peralta.

JESSIE BLAINE DOES IT AGAIN! A 3 RUN BOMB!!!!

4-2 AUBURN

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Garcia fouls a few pitches with 2 strikes but grounds out to SS.

ANOTHER HOMER! ELLIS RIPS ONE OUT!! AND A SWEET BAT FLIP TO GO WITH IT!

5-2 AUBURN

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Auburn has chased the starter out of the game.

1st pitch for the new pitcher and Godwin with a single up the middle!

Also, if you care about basketball Duke is down by 1 against Michigan State with about 3 minutes to go.

2 pitches, 2 singles this time an infield one from Bryant!

Cox hitting for Geraghty. Cox with a good battle fouling off a couple of a 2 strike pitches before drawing the count to 3-2. A pop out, though, ends the inning.

5-2 Auburn T4th

Peralta goes back to 3rd for McCondichie and Geraghty goes back to LF for Cox.

Dismukes gets a ground out to start the inning.

Hard hit to Peralta and she can't grab it. Not an error but still a play that you wish she would make.

Doesn't matter as next pitch to Peralta and she starts the DOUBLE PLAY!!!!!

Packer, Roach, Peralta up.

5-2 Auburn B4th

Edited by tgrogan21

Abbey Smith just having fun behind Dean with a ziploc bag of pickles and eating them while he's giving the interview! 🤣

Dean also mentioned earlier he would like this game to end quickly so he could watch the Basketball game. Coaches supporting all sports! Love it!

Packer leads off and gets on base again this time with a walk. Roach grounds out and moves Packer to second again. Same start to the last inning.

... Peralta lines out to RF. Packer moves to third.

Edited by tgrogan21

Blaine with an infield single to SS. Hard hit ball and she couldn't handle it. Packer scores!! 8 RBIs for Blaine in 2 games.

6-2 Auburn!

Garcia singles! Blaine to 3rd! Garcia moves to 2nd on the throw!

New pitcher coming in for South Carolina. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs.

They didn't want another Bri Bomb and they intentionally walk her. Bases loaded for Godwin. Huge opportunity to try to get this to an 8 run lead.