Big Time Recruiting: Visitors List Updates

toddc

I know Auburn won't get a tenth of commitments from these players. But it is still nice to read of them thanking Auburn for the invite and applauding the good time they had.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I know Auburn won't get a tenth of commitments from these players. But it is still nice to read of them thanking Auburn for the invite and applauding the good time they had.

A lot of them also seem to think the Auburn football program is heading in the right direction, which should pay off with some commitments.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude looks like bigger Derrick Brown. Good lord.

Yes. He. Does!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude looks like bigger Derrick Brown. Good lord.

If we were to get him I hope he has the Derrick Brown work ethic.

I watched some of his film. He moves well for a man of that size.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we were to get him I hope he has the Derrick Brown work ethic.

He probably won't, because Brown is just a very special and unlikely human being. But if he has Brown's physical gifts, then maybe Harsin can pull some Brown-like production out of him. But I'd settle for anything even remotely close. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

That’s what I was thinking.  Is #7 retired?

Pat Sullivan.

The staff certainly seems to be working their tails off in recruiting this cycle. I really hope it pays off.

Gus and his staff made it look so easy. I just fear that we'll never see that unless we resort to giving out Chick-fil-A on Sundays 😥

• Like 2

Weekend recap: Auburn recruiting visitor quotes of note

Cole Pinkstonabout 5 hours
JaidenAusberry Jaiden Ausberry is the younger brother of Auburn DB signee Austin Ausberry. (Photo: Jeffrey Lee)

When it comes down to it, recruits don’t choose to play at places they have never visited. This is why we put so much emphasis on both official and unofficial visits to Auburn. In fact, On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) sees visits as a “percentage of landing” bump. In other words, visits are big boosts for those respective schools. The reason? It’s an accurate statistic.

Hearing what recruits say after these visits is always intriguing and important. Auburn had six big recruiting targets on campus Saturday to watch the football team scrimmage in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Here’s what they all had to say.

3-star CB, Dale Miller, Bradenton, Fla. (IMG Academy)

Miller on returning to Auburn: “It felt good, visiting the campus again, seeing the coaches, getting to talk to them, actually getting to see Auburn practice and how they practice. It just felt good putting on an Auburn uniform. I know Auburn has been a dream school since I was little. This might be the place.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 3-star CB Dale Miller ]

5-star EDGE, Qua Russaw, Montgomery, Ala. (Carver)

Russaw on the limited depth at the EDGE position: “That jumps out to me. After next year, their guys will be gone, so they are going to need someone.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 5-star Edge Qua Russaw ]

4-star LB, Jaiden Ausberry, Baton Rouge, La. (University Lab)

Ausberry on Auburn LB coach Christian Robinson: “The previous relationship with Coach Robinson – he was at Florida and recruiting me there, and that’s a plus. He’s a really good guy. He’s going to help you on the field and off the field. He really likes to help his players beyond football.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 4-star LB Jaiden Ausberry ]

3-star OL, Paul Mubenga, Buford, Ga. (Buford)

Mubenga on the need at the offensive line position: “(The need) is pretty obvious. It is a big deal, I mean talking about a kid that wants to play and everything, that’s really something I’m looking forward to. Like he (Friend) told me, it’s not a problem of how big I am or anything like that, it’s just how good I can adjust to the system and show them that I’m willing to play for this program.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 3-star OL Paul Mubenga ]

4-star DL, Sydir Mitchell, Oradell, NJ. (Bergen Catholic)

Mitchell on Auburn DL coach Jimmy Brumbraugh: “I love him, man,” Mitchell said with a grin. “He always has a smile on his face, but he’s real intense, you know, locked in during practice, too. He knows when it’s play time and when to be serious. I like how he does his schemes and things like that. He lets everybody get a chance in practice.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 4-star DL Sydir Mitchell ]

4-star DL, Will Norman, Bradenton, Fla. (IMG Academy)

Norman on the Auburn coaching staff and the football program: “It’s definitely a place that’s learning and definitely a place that’s bettering themselves. You can see the time and energy invested into the program. That’s definitely an eye-opener as a recruit. You love to see a program that’s heavily invested in and the coaches actually take pride in. It’s definitely something I look forward to seeing again.”

[ FULL INTERVIEW: 4-star DL Will Norman ]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Auburn hosting 4-star Arizona TE Jackson Bowers for A-Day

Cole Pinkstonabout 4 hours
four-star-tight-end-jackson-bowers-hoping-visit-lsu

There will be yet another big list of prospects for Auburn’s annual A-Day spring game. One of which will be 4-star tight end Jackson Bowers. He will be making the trip over from his hometown of Mesa, Arizona which is over 1,500 miles away. This is an impressive job to get him over for a visit early on in the recruiting year. 

The Tigers have been getting elite prospects on campus every weekend. They have done it throughout each week as well. Rather than having a huge group every time, the Auburn coaching staff has enjoyed getting to focus their attention on individual recruits in a smaller group setting.

By all accounts, the recruits have enjoyed it too. However, this Saturday could be a bit bigger than usual. We are monitoring the potential visitors closely this week.

The Bowers File

Bowers is a 6-foot-4 245-pound tight end prospect from Mesa, Arizona (Mountain View). His lead recruiter at Auburn is TE coach Brad Bedell. He’s big, athletic, and a relentless blocker. He is a traditional NFL-like tight end prospect.

Bowers has a slew of offers from elite programs. Some of the notable programs include Oregon, LSU, Florida State, Ole Miss, and a recent offer from Alabama. 

AuburnLive caught up with Bowers back in January shortly after being offered by the Tigers. He had this to say about Auburn: “I’m not familiar with Auburn but I’ve watched them play in the Iron Bowl many times. Seeing them compete at the highest level of college football has always appealed to me. There is definitely interest there with them being in the SEC and being a top 25 team almost every year.”

This will be Bowers’ first known visit to Auburn. The Tigers will be looking for at least one TE from the 2023 class depending on what the roster looks like after next season.

• toddc changed the title to Big Time Recruiting: Visitors List Updates
3 hours ago, toddc said:

“It’s definitely a place that’s learning and definitely a place that’s bettering themselves. You can see the time and energy invested into the program. That’s definitely an eye-opener as a recruit. You love to see a program that’s heavily invested in and the coaches actually take pride in. It’s definitely something I look forward to seeing again.”

Such sweet music

Just now, bigbird said:

Such sweet music

Amen, like manna from Heaven 

• Love 1

So far this staff has done a great job getting quality players to Auburn and the comments from the players have been positive. From what I have seen recently if we don't have a great recruiting class this year it won't be because we were outworked.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 9:05 AM, augolf1716 said:

Strange seeing him in a #7 jersey

I always laugh because they let kids wear 7 and 34 in their photo shoots. They are probably extremely tight lipped with the fact the kids can’t actually wear those if they come to Auburn 😂.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I always laugh because they let kids wear 7 and 34 in their photo shoots. They are probably extremely tight lipped with the fact the kids can’t actually wear those if they come to Auburn 😂.

You really think these players are that clueless?? Dang dude 

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

You really think these players are that clueless?? Dang dude 

Of course I do. Half of them call us “the University of Auburn”. You honestly think they know which numbers we have retired?

I’m a huge football fan and outside Auburn, I can’t remember any school’s retired numbers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Of course I do. Half of them call us “the University of Auburn”. You honestly think they know which numbers we have retired?

I’m a huge football fan and outside Auburn, I can’t remember any school’s retired numbers. 

They’ve just been showing them the facilities and I’m pretty sure they all know who Bo, Cam, and Pat are after that and they all have statues so, yeah I think they know.

Edited by toddc

26 minutes ago, toddc said:

They’ve just been showing them the facilities and I’m pretty sure they all know who Bo, Cam, and Pat are after that and they all have statues so, yeah I think they know.

May not necessarily know their numbers are retired though, or what number they wore at Auburn.

13 hours ago, toddc said:

Brian Harsin might not even know that Pat Sullivan's number is retired. 

But hopefully if a kid is dead set on keeping his number, he'd bring that up on his visit. 

He’ll be in Auburn this weekend 

• Like 1