March Madness 2022

AUBwins

Figured we needed a place to talk about all the action. 

20 mins to go. 

The first two weeks of the tournament are the most fun spots time of year. 

• Like 1

First 3 games today will likely be barn burners.  Swing games IMO.

Bracket looking good so far. Just need Memphis and Iowa to bring me home! Richmond is currently giving Iowa all they can! Tenn is beating up on poor Longwood.

53 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Welp ... 0 for 2 😆 

At least in 1 bracket lol.  Looking good in several others. 

Basketball is still such a simple game when played the right way. CSU jumped out on Michigan then Michigan won the game with just pounding the ball inside having the size advantage. 

Well. Never thought TruTV would be important in my selection of a streaming service, but here we are with Fubo and no way to watch the Gonzaga game (which is close!?!). I may need to return to YouTube TV.

Edit: I guess it's on TNT, but... I still can't get it. Dang.

Edited by looney

OK.  Richmond beating Iowa hurts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, looney said:

Well. Never thought TruTV would be important in my selection of a streaming service, but here we are with Fubo and no way to watch the Gonzaga game (which is close!?!). I may need to return to YouTube TV.

Edit: I guess it's on TNT, but... I still can't get it. Dang.

Trutv is a must have for the tournament. It’s great for college football as well

Edited by e808

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thanks, Iowa 

tigger-cant-sleep.gif

I had them go far in a lot of brackets. 

• Like 1

So when does Gonzaga show up? 😆 

Actually that would just be incredible if the Sun Belt team pulls it off.  It would bust a final 4 pick in just about every one of my brackets but it would bust everyone's lol

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So when does Gonzaga show up? 😆 

Actually that would just be incredible if the Sun Belt team pulls it off.  It would bust a final 4 pick in just about every one of my brackets but it would bust everyone's lol

They're awake now

Someone please get Bruce on the phone STAT and let him know that, apparently, it's "legal" to go on a 20+-0 run against inferior talent late in the game.

Edited by looney
  • Haha 1

Michigan and Gonzaga both have size advantages and are taking advantage out it. Someone tell me again why Auburn couldn’t do this against TAMU

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, e808 said:

Michigan and Gonzaga both have size advantages and are taking advantage out it. Someone tell me again why Auburn couldn’t do this against TAMU

Well Michigan and Gonzaga have a ton of experience and chemistry with their guards and they’re way less freelance with their plays

I don’t think the how mattered that much to you but I just figured I’d opine haha 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

1 undefeated bracket left out of 9. Got us exiting in S16 in it so I hope that’s a slight whiff

Of course my best bracket so far has Kentucky winning it.  But every year it seems I have 1 good day then 1 bad day.  Mostly bad today.  Hopefully make it up tomorrow. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

Just now, AUBwins said:

Of course my best bracket so far has Kentucky winning it.  But every year it sends I have 1 good day then 1 bad day.  Mostly bad today.  Hopefully make it up tomorrow. 

Thanks Marquette...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Trutv is a must have for the tournament. It’s great for college football as well

Yeah. Mea culpa.

When I was weighing whether to switch from YouTube TV to Fubo, I was mostly thinking about soccer. I saw the no TNT/USA/TruTV and didn't think it was applicable to me. Never occurred to me that's where the NCAA tourney games would be.

Now I know.

And knowing is half the battle.

Back to YouTube TV it is...

• Like 1

Iowa my only miss so far.  Overall talent in the tournament is pretty high.  Going to be one to remember I feel.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Thanks Marquette...

Same here.  That will teach you not to copy my bracket.  Just because you're 10 feet taller than anyone else lol

• Haha 2