March Madness 2022

AUBwins

The officiating in the games for the most part are a little tight on the hand and body checks. Could help a guy like KD get to the line but hurt a Kessler underneath. He’ll have to be a little cautious with the leans over rebounders. 

That did look a bit intentional on Arkansas

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

I thought #23 for Creighton looked familiar.... Tre Alexander.... He was coming to Auburn before we got KD and the gang in. 

Yeah I was checking on his stats a couple months ago when conversing on here, seemed like they were bringing him along slowly. He’s a talented one

51 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

This is not the St Peters team we're used to seeing.

They play great basketball but UK’s been a top 10 team by most metrics for the better part of the past 4 months. Had their entire rotation in foul trouble it felt like. Needed a miracle Grady second chance three just to get it tied up and not lose outright. 

Been an ugly couple seasons under the big lights for UK and Calipari 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Man this has been a day and looks like UCLA is on the verge going home .

Had them going far too. But Ark is crapping the bed. Vermont trying to make it happen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Think they'll pull it out. They better b/c i got a parlay with them! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was glad to see #12 seed Richmond beat #5 seed Iowa. I've felt the Big10 was overrated all year.

But I was distressed to see St Peters beat UKY. It's not that I'm a huge UKY fan, but to see one of the top SEC teams taken out so easily by a #15 seed ........ gives me pause regarding Auburn's game against a #15 seed tomorrow night.

Let's get GAME ON!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Just took the lead

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AURex said:

I was glad to see #12 seed Richmond beat #5 seed Iowa. I've felt the Big10 was overrated all year.

But I was distressed to see St Pweters beat UKY. It's not that I'm a huge UKY fan, but to see one of the top SEC teams taken out so easily by a #15 seed ........ gives mevpause regarding Auburn's game against a #15 seed tomorrow night.

Let's get GAME ON!

Agree about Big 10. They have a lot of teams that are not far apart but I don't think it made them the best conference. Of course I'm bias but I think the SEC was the best this year top to bottom. That's why i hated to see kentucky go down. 

• Like 1

Hey Cal & Kentucky …

image.gif.9ee343db7738ae34daaad6c29f39015f.gif

• Love 1

Have to say that the first day was pure madness! Only appr 750 brackets remain perfect on ESPN. That was after 1.7 million entries lol. 

I'm in Big 10 Country. Big 10 Grad.

And I'm never surprised anymore at the abysmal failures of the top tier teams in the conference come tournament time.

Teams like Purdue, Iowa, and Wisconsin absolutely maul you on defense.  In your face, hands all over you...make you fight for every inch on the court.  Work you to death.  Problem is, in a neutral environment with different officials calling a tighter game, things can go south very quickly.  As long as the Big Ten crews allow this to happen during the season I will not pick a team from that conference to win it all.  May not be the soundest of logic, but it seemingly plays out that way time and time again.

As for UK's loss yesterday. WOW. It continues to amaze me how much talent Calipari has amassed in his coaching career and how little he has done with it. Not that I saw this team as a title contender, but E8 was a definite possibility and they just got outplayed by a team from Jersey City from a school that is smaller than the HS in the town I teach in.  Hope CBP had the guys watching these teams (UK/IOWA) and how they appeared to simply show up and think it was good enough to win.  Takes a lot more than that in March/April.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Have to say that the first day was pure madness! Only appr 750 brackets remain perfect on ESPN. That was after 1.7 million entries lol. 

I am actually amazed that 750 people picked St Peters over Kentucky

• Like 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn you suck at this don't you. you have a lot of teams to thank it seems

Man, it looks like I slit my wrist all over my bracket.  Its the family bracket so I didn't try too hard, but man it's so brutal. The kids are loving my losses

• Haha 1

A LOT of great games yesterday.  Love the ATT commercial about the 12 seed taking out the 5 seed... then it happens 2 times!

My bracket, of course, got hosed but I got 11 right and 4 wrong.

My final 4:  Gonzaga, Purdue, Arizona, and Auburn... so as of 11:34 EST, my final 4 bracket is still intact

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I hope so.  That's my sleeper Vermont!  Of course with my luck it will likely be the only one that doesn't advance lol

I'm finding that the "Sleepers" that everyone talks about are rarely the actual sleepers.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He's been out of it the past few games.

Oh 🙊

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I am actually amazed that 750 people picked St Peters over Kentucky

I find that really hard to believe. I need proof lol