2022 5* Big Yohan Traore Signs With AU!!!

CameronCrazy

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Tweet keeps changing after I hit submit reply. Lets see if the 3rd time is the charm here.

From everything I've seen on twitter, Traore is a lock to commit next week.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

He gave glowing comments about us to 247 (free): 

"The culture Bruce Pearl is producing over there really stands out," Traore said on Auburn. "The winning mentality because of his defense and how he gives his players the freedom to showcase their talents really caught my attention."

"I like the way Coach Pearl used Jabari Smith this past year," Traore said. "I feel Jabari is pretty comparable to myself and has a similar trajectory. He was not really well known but now every school in America knows about him. That is something that really caught my eye from my perspective."

That Jabari job was a good bit more development than people will give Pearl. Jabari was a projected mid lottery prospect closer to out of lottery than the lofty status he now holds. The defensive potential he had wasn’t supposed to be as realized this early either, I believe 

I think/hope prospects will see that!

• Like 6

image.gif.319abc7a31714d343f11fbae794282bb.gif

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Traore gave an interview to SI this morning. Making his decision next week, no visits. Choosing between Auburn, Texas Tech, Gonzaga and Michigan. 

Also took an under the radar visit to AU a couple days before we left for the NCAA Tourney per On3.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Who’s that?  Is Phillips Traore’s americanized name?

@AUDevil5* Forward Julian Phillips also decommitted from LSU. Info is leaning for him to pick the G League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WarEagleIn2010 said:

First crystal ball to AU.  From Austin Massey with Texas Tech 247.

May be 1st pick from 247 but On3 has been all over this & had picks to AU right after WW was fired. 89% of the picks from On3 are now for AU.

https://www.on3.com/db/yohan-traore-122375/recruiting/

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That Jabari job was a good bit more development than people will give Pearl. Jabari was a projected mid lottery prospect closer to out of lottery than the lofty status he now holds. The defensive potential he had wasn’t supposed to be as realized this early either, I believe 

I think/hope prospects will see that!

Agree. Pre season freshmen that were mostly mentioned were Chet from Gonzaga and Paolo from Duke. Also saw TyTy from KU and JD from Bama named a lot before Jabari. But Chet and Paolo were always 1 or 2 in preseason freshmen rankings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUlurker said:

Considering how Arkansas is loading up on this cycle, Yohan is a good response from Brucey.

With Yohan, Auburn, Alabama and Arkansas would be bringing in 7 of the top 31 recruits. Pretty remarkable compared to the not so distant past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Do you know what platform?

I think he plays on ESPNU at 6 eastern. Its the Geico Nationals Tournament for high school teams. A few players are committing today during their game.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Normal people time or central?

LMAO I believe Central. I will go back and find where I saw that when I get a chance. Still at office.

Edit- So per J.ee at On3, decision should come between 5:30-6:00pm CST 

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

I see that the college Allstars is on tonight as well.  I don't guess Cambridge is in the dunk competition? Maybe it's only for seniors. 

The game just went to half time.  Maybe his commitment is announced soon.