2022 5* Big Yohan Traore Signs With AU!!!

CameronCrazy

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What channel are you watching 

I thought it was supposed to be ESPU for the high school national championship tourney.  They just had the Brooks kid at halftime commit to Oregon over Kentucky and Gonzaga.  Traore school not playing in the game

I never saw it.  I was just basing off info said in this thread.  I guess info was wrong. 

He’s back for this one baby!

48F5DFE8-2F75-48B1-9813-B2FFD38F1AEF.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

BRUUUUUCE AND AU BASKETBALL BRINGS ME SO MUCH JOY!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS FEELING!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LEGGGOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSIIIIRRRRR!!!! We are cleaning house in the state of Arizona recruiting this class!!! ALL YOUR TOP ARIZONA RECRUITS BELONG TO BRUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

cigar-smoking.gif

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So…this guy any good?

#8 overall player in 2022. I'd say so.  He's got good finishing ability. 

• Haha 1

BREAKING: 5-star big man Yohan Traore commits to Auburn

8 minutes ago

Replacing possibly the No. 1 overall draft pick and highest-rated recruit in program history, Jabari Smith, is no simple task.

Adding the second highest-rated recruit at Auburn is probably a good place to start.

Bruce Pearl's 2022 recruiting glass received a massive injection of talent Thursday evening, as five-star center Yohan Traoreannounced his commitment to Auburn. Originally from France, Traore currently plays for Dream City Christian in Glendale, Arizona, and is the No. 4 center and the No. 15 overall prospect in his class, per the 247Sports Composite.

Assuming he signs, Traore will become the fourth five-star recruit in Auburn history — all of which have come under Pearl.

Traore decommitted from LSU just last week — one of several elite recruits to do so after head coach Will Wade was fired in the wake of an NCAA notice of allegations for Wade's improper conduct at the helm of the program.

His top four schools after backing off his LSU pledge were Auburn, Texas Tech, Michigan and Gonzaga.

"The culture Bruce Pearl is producing over there really stands out," Traore told 247Sports's Brandon Jenkins last week. "The winning mentality because of his defense and how he gives his players the freedom to showcase their talents really caught my attention."

At 6-foot-10 and 225 pounds, Traore's talent makes him likely to be a starter in Auburn's frontcourt, where Smith had so much success in 2021-22. The SEC Freshman of the Year was the top 3-point shooter in the conference (42.0%) and was the second consensus All-American in program history.

"I like the way Coach Pearl used Jabari Smith this past year," Traore said. "I feel Jabari is pretty comparable to myself and has a similar trajectory. He was not really well known but now every school in America knows about him. That is something that really caught my eye from my perspective."

Said Jenkins of Traore's skill set: "Traore is a skilled, efficient, and productive big man with a good natural frame. His efficiency comes in how he generally plays within himself offensively and does what is asked of him on the floor. Traore displays a natural shooting touch not only inside but out to 15 feet and he always looks dunk everything he possibly can while operating inside or in the dunker spot. He also has great hands, is a solid rebounder, and runs the floor with purpose. Traore has the size, mobility, and skill as a big man that high major guards would love to play with."

Assuming All-American center and projected first-round pick Walker Kessler heads to the NBA, Auburn will have Traore, junior power forward Jaylin Williams and junior center Dylan Cardwell in its frontcourt rotation — along with any other players added via the recruiting class or transfer portal. Barring any surprising transfers, Auburn is set to return the rest of its primary lineup next season, besides Smith and Kessler.

The Tigers went 27-4 this past season, including a 15-3 clip in conference play that was good for an outright SEC regular-season championship. As a No. 2 seed in the NCAA, they lost in the Round of 32 to Miami, which made the Elite Eight.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So…this guy any good?

Only the second highest commit in Auburn basketball history sooo ummm...... 

stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

• Like 2

giphy.gif

From everything I've seen and read he had a huge growth spurt and used to play guard before that. He has a ridiculous skill set. Can't wait to watch him flourish in Bruce's offense!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Only the second highest commit in Auburn basketball history sooo ummm...... 

stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

You ready to see a Stone Cold Stunner this weekend??

• Love 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

You ready to see a Stone Cold Stunner this weekend??

I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER BROTHER!!!!!! lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER BROTHER!!!!!! lol 

We'll have to chat on the wrestling forum about it.  But this is a Bruce thread!!!

• Like 1