2022 5* Big Yohan Traore Signs With AU!!!

CameronCrazy

3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

How about we just keep Jabari and Kessler and play a super tall line-up? :P

Could you imagine having to play if Kessler was the 5, Jabari the 4, and Traore the 3?

If Auburn didn't kill themselves over Malzahn and Chizik contracts maybe they could go balls to the wall and shell out $8 million in NIL money to lure Jabari for one more year and get that championship. This is the time to go for it. I am not looking forward to the day Bruce retires. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

Wasnt Anthony Davis similar in that he grew up as a guard and had a late growth spurt to put him at 7'

Yep, went from like 6’2 to 6’10 over his middle two high school years I believe 

5 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Could you imagine having to play if Kessler was the 5, Jabari the 4, and Traore the 3?

Not posting unsubstantiated rumors! But! I have heard if Jabari had his way without the influence of others (which isn’t how it should be, the guy is 18 and incredibly young mentally, he needs others), it wouldn’t be a slam dunk decision to declare. I think older heads will prevail but that guy really loves Auburn and wanted it to end better than it did

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

What Bruce has done is truly amazing. As it looks right now, AU will have 2 of its highest rated all time signees on the team at the same time. Yohan is #2 and Westry is #5

Decent coach

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'd have Jabari as the 3. His shooting and size would be such a nightmare for other 3's

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd have Jabari as the 3. His shooting and size would be such a nightmare for other 3's

Yohan looks like he could play the 1 with that ball control. 

3 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Yohan looks like he could play the 1 with that ball control. 

It didn't work out too well for us when Bruce tried that with Bowers

• Haha 3

It is official. We now have a Frenchman on our basketball and football team. The University of Auburn continues to impress. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

It is official. We now have a Frenchman on our basketball and football team. The University of Auburn continues to impress. 

Yes! We are an 'EVERYTHING' school. Worldwide too. :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Everything School for Everyone 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2022 5* Big Yohan Traore Signs With AU!!!

Awesome.  I thought he was already with us but realize he had just committed instead.  One piece complete.  Let's find those others. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hell to the YEAH!!! As I've been saying, I legitimately believe that there aren't more than 10-15 PFs that are better than Jaylin in the country (and I wouldn't be surprised if he improves at least a little from where he was last season), so while we probably won't be quite as good in the front court next season as we were last, we'll still be rather formidable there. And with Westry and Donaldson coming in, not to mention Flan having more distance from his injury (which I HOPE he'll make it all the way back from), the backcourt should be improved. So even if we don't get anyone else than we have already in the mix, we should be more balanced than last season, and thus more difficult to neutralize. Plus, for most of the team, it's another year playing together, which should help team chemistry.

So yeah, I fully expect there to be, at the very least, not much of a drop off overall, and the potential for something even greater down the stretch.

• Like 1

If nobody else leaves, I think this only gives us one more spot (with a 12 man roster), and I assume that spot is reserved for Broome, at least for now.

30 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

If nobody else leaves, I think this only gives us one more spot (with a 12 man roster), and I assume that spot is reserved for Broome, at least for now.

We are clearly pursuing a transfer SG. Take that how you will re: roster spots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

We are clearly pursuing a transfer SG. Take that how you will re: roster spots.

This. We def are going to add a wing and obviously a replacement for Walk at the Center position. We also are kicking the tires on another big in former 5 star recruit BHH who should of been in high school last year but instead just sat on Rick Barnes bench mostly lol. He may OV soon.

FQZ85qDXEAQLSsT?format=jpg&name=medium