Baseball vs #1 Ole Miss series

Another inning another hit with a lead off single.

Wyandt's throw beats the runner by a lot. Missed the tag but the runners hand came off the bag and he's out stealing.

GREAT PLAY AND THROW BY RAMBUSCH!! First scoreless inning for Ole Miss.

Carlson, Hill, Ware up to bat!

7-4 Ole Miss

Edited by tgrogan21

Carlson with his first hit of the game with an infield single to 2B. Nice attempt by the fielder but not good enough!

So many strikeouts looking. This time Hill is the victim.

Aaand Ware grounds into a double play. 3 straight innings with nothing doing.

7-4 Ole Miss Top 6th

Ground out, double, and a hit batter.

Just can't get a 1-2-3 inning. Mound visit but Skipper stays in.

Next pitch is a wild one and both runners are now in scoring position with 1 out.

3-0 count and Ole Miss had the green light and lines out to Moore.

OMG ... Carlson makes a great backhanded stop but then throws it VERY wide of 1st. Just an easy throw and he can't make it.

2 runs score, the throw to the catcher is wide and the runner moves to 2nd on 2 errors.

9-4 Ole Miss and I think my day is done. I have to go do some work for a couple of hours.

5 errors tonight. That 6 run inning started with the Carlson error. We equaled them in hits and gave them many runs tonight. I fear that we lack an elite starter and have a bunch of #3's and midweek guys on the roster. Not sure if Sheehan or Mullins go tomorrow, with Bright going Saturday. 

• Like 1

An odd fact: Unless I missed one, it was the bottom of the 3rd inning before there was a ground out to the infield. Prior to that, all outs were strikeouts or fly balls.  I've played, coached and watched a lot of baseball over the decades but I don't recall seeing that before tonight.

Captain Obvious says: "We won't beat many SEC teams while making that many errors.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

An odd fact: Unless I missed one, it was the bottom of the 3rd inning before there was a ground out to the infield. Prior to that, all outs were strikeouts or fly balls.  I've played, coached and watched a lot of baseball over the decades but I don't recall seeing that before tonight.

Captain Obvious says: "We won't beat many SEC teams while making that many errors.

Nope....but it's been uncharacteristic for Auburn so far this season to make a lot of errors. I got the feeling that Auburn had the jitters. Ole Miss is a tough initiation into SEC play. Hopefully tonight they will tighten up.

Mullins on the mound for game 2. Gives up a 2 out 3-2 walk but gets a strikeout to end the half inning.

Rambusch, Howell, and DiChiara up for Auburn.

Couple lineup changes as well. Dyal goes back to the cleanup hitter, Farquhar is in for Carlson at 2B, and Bello is in LF.

0-0 B1st

Edited by tgrogan21

Rambusch's hitting continues with a lead off infield single! Nice hit ball and SS was able to knock it down but no chance at anything else.

Review in progress as Howell hits a high chopper to 3rd, Rambusch was moving on the pitch, and it looks like Howell was safe and the first baseman didn't look to be on the bag. Call on the field is out.

Edit: Howell is out. Don't agree with the call, but I guess not enough evidence to overturn the call.

Edited by tgrogan21

DiChiara with a popup to 1st. Rambusch goes to 3rd on a balk! Great movement by Rambusch to cause the balk.

Dyal draws a 3-2 walk. Runners on the corner with 2 outs. Ware strikes out to strand the runners.

0-0 T2nd

Mullins leaves a pitch up a bit with 2 strikes and gives up a lead off single. High chopper and a sliding grab by Farquhar to get 1 out. Runner advances to 2nd.

Dyal with a great throw to get the runner trying to steal 3rd!

Mullins with another walk to give Miss another runner. Ground out to 3rd and no damage through 2 for Mullins!

Moore, Hill, Farquhar up to bat.

0-0 B2nd

Edited by tgrogan21

Ground out to Mullins, runs it over, and an underarm throw to 1st.

Mullins gets up 0-2, falls behind with 3 straight balls not even close before striking out Gonzales (who hit 2 home runs last night) for out 2.

4 pitch walk and that's 1 walk each inning. Gotta get better control from Mullins. Wild pitch and Ole Miss has a runner in scoring position with 2 outs.

Walks biting us in the butt as Mullins falls behind 3-1 before giving up a double and Ole Miss has the lead.

1-0 Ole Miss

Edited by tgrogan21

Bello with his first start, btw.

Walks on 4 pitches!

Rare strikeout looking for Rambusch.

Bello is running on the pitch, it's ball 4. Catcher throws it to 2nd and it sails into the outfield. Bello takes 3rd. Runners on the corners 1 out and there's a meeting on the mound!!

Great job from DiChiara on situational batting with a deep fly to RF. Bello scores!

1-1 tied game with 2 outs.

• Like 1

Dyal had 2 balls on him when Howell steals second. They intentionally walk Dyal!

And WARE COMES THROUGH WITH A DOUBLE!!

Howell and Dyal score!!!

3-1 AUBURN!

Edited by tgrogan21

Moore hitting the ball hard for a couple falls before straightening it up and gets a single! Ware scores! Moore moves to 2nd on the throw!

Edit: Cam HIll grounds out to 2nd base but not before some 2 out hitting!

4-1 AUBURN! T4th

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1

Hard hit ball but it hangs just enough for Howell to get under it!

1 pitch and a fly out to Ware! Great inning from Mullins as he gets a ground out for out 3!

Farquhar, Bello, Rambusch coming up!

4-1 Auburn B4th

Farquhar with a fly out.

BELLO WITH A DOUBLE!

Really like Bello being in LF and Dyal being behind the plate! Pitching change as Nichols comes in and he is sitting at a 0.00 ERA. Hopefully we can snap that scoreless season.

• Like 1

Rambusch giving these pitchers fits with his dancing on the base path. Howell flies out to CF just shy of the track but Rambusch moves to 3rd.

BYE BYE BASEBALL AGAIN!

SONNY WITH THE DEEEEEEP FLY OVER THE SCOREBOARD!!!!!!

7-1 AUBURN!

Edited by tgrogan21

Dyal with another walk, his 3rd of the game. Love his eye this game!

Mound visit but the pitcher stays in. Ware strikes out to end the inning. Another good inning!

7-1 Auburn T5th