Baseball vs #1 Ole Miss series

Single and a double. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Don't think we're winning this game so I'm gonna stop with the updates unless something crazy happens.

8 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I will when we win the series this afternoon. Have no problem feeling or stating that we bested the best. Up early and looking like the start to a beautiful day for baseball in Auburn. Ready to head over to campus now.

Auburn won't win the series. I never thought the Tigers would be able to pull it off.....but I was hoping for a surprise. Auburn is still a work in progress.

I'm saying that Ole Miss hasn't really been tested until now.. There are great teams in the SEC and it's way too early to know which team is really #1.  They may be the best but they have to prove it first. 

Beating Auburn 2 games to 1 isn't really proof.  

If Bello could've made that play in left early in the game this could've been a much different outcome today. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn won't win the series. I never thought the Tigers would be able to pull it off.....but I was hoping for a surprise. Auburn is still a work in progress.

I'm saying that Ole Miss hasn't really been tested until now.. There are great teams in the SEC and it's way too early to know which team is really #1.  They may be the best but they have to prove it first. 

Beating Auburn 2 games to 1 isn't really proof.  

If Bello could've made that play in left early in the game this could've been a much different outcome today. 

Yep,

just walked in from park. Looked like he was having a problem from get go on that one. Wind maybe doing crazy things. 3 runs and advanced batting order. Seems like air out of ballon from there on but give credit to Ole Miss bats. Looked like BP with Burkhalter. Can not simply throw it past those guys.

37 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep,

just walked in from park. Looked like he was having a problem from get go on that one. Wind maybe doing crazy things. 3 runs and advanced batting order. Seems like air out of ballon from there on but give credit to Ole Miss bats. Looked like BP with Burkhalter. Can not simply throw it past those guys.

That's the kind of play that Judd Ward would've made. But he was not as good as Bello is at the plate.....

Bello is a freshman. He'll learn from that painful mistake. I think he'll be a great player for Auburn.

Auburn had a great defense last season. Ryan Bliss is almost irreplaceable though. Things have not gelled just yet for Butch in 2022. He made some adjustments after Thursday, and he may do some further tweaking after the nerves wear off. 

I'm slightly worried about our catchers. Wyandt wasn't ready for prime time.

Edited by Tigerbelle

Big bounce back yesterday to avoid a sweep, which you can't take in conference play, but the pitching is still bad, like last year. A lot of guys with live arms, just not clicking. Hard to beat anyone when you're giving up 10+ runs. It is what it is. I think not having Steve Smith the past two years has really hurt 

• Like 2