Men vs Jax State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Great question. I have wondered that all season long. I get that he might be a distant 3rd at the 5 spot, but dang, I haven’t seen him all season long.

He can't score at all, and he fouls people like it's his job so we are in serious trouble if he is needed in a close game. Obviously I'm basing this on last year's minutes, since he hasn't played this year. Strangely, he got worse in his second year after a freshman season where he played a little bit of decent defense and had some blocks. 

44 minutes ago, Viper said:

No college announcers are allowed to broadcast online. Only AM/FM stations allowed. That has been the case forever.

Westwood One owns all the tournament rights, thus only their announcers are allowed to broadcast online.

Yes, but you can listen to a radio broadcast online.

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Yes, but you can listen to a radio broadcast online.

AU/Jax St (Andy & Sonny) wasn't broadcast on SiriusXM or auburntigers.com

You are right...you should be able to find an AU affiliate's website to listen online.

Edited by Viper

Miami in a nutshell.  They don't turn the ball over.  They won't outrebound us.  They shoot the three ball pretty well.  We need to make sure we're dominant on the glass and force them to shoot tough outside shots.  AND PROTECT THE DAMN BALL

16 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Miami in a nutshell.  They don't turn the ball over.  They won't outrebound us.  They shoot the three ball pretty well.  We need to make sure we're dominant on the glass and force them to shoot tough outside shots.  AND PROTECT THE DAMN BALL

Not against USCw 1-14 from the three. Maybe you mean for the year? They beat USCw at the free throw line 10 more points then USCw

STARTERS MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
S. WaardenburgF -- 2-5 0-2 1-2 0 3 3 2 0 4 0 1 5
I. WongG -- 7-12 0-2 8-9 0 4 4 1 1 0 1 5 22
J. MillerG -- 3-4 0-0 0-2 1 3 4 1 4 0 0 1 6
C. MooreG -- 5-11 1-4 5-6 0 3 3 5 4 0 2 3 16
K. McGustyG -- 5-18 0-3 2-2 1 4 5 2 1 0 0 2 12
BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
A. WalkerF -- 1-3 0-1 1-2 0 2 2 1 0 0 0 2 3
W. PoplarG -- 1-2 0-1 0-0 1 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 2
B. JosephG -- 0-1 0-1 2-2 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 2
TEAM   24-56 1-14 19-25 3 23 26 13 12 4 3 14 68
    42.9% 7.1% 76.0%                

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Miami only made 1-14 on 3's. For them to outlast anyone in this tournament shooting that poorly from the arc says a ton. That means if they get a few more to fall on us, we're in trouble.

#3 Charlie Moore, Point Guard, looks really seasoned like Jared Harper was. We'll need Jasper to stay out of foul trouble as I can't see Green staying in front of that guy.

Wong, their Shooting Guard at 6'3" and leading scorer will give KD issues shooting over him.

Our guards are going to have to play really disciplined defense to guard those two and stay out of foul trouble.

Like Arkansas, they get to the FT line a lot...and they shoot it well. 19-25.

They play really good defense, much like A&M last week. TWELVE steals.

USC hit nine 3's and still lost.

Like you said, they don't turn the ball over. Only THREE turnovers. Incredible.

This one should come down to the nub.

Yea.  Miami had a few solid wins early in the year that caught my attention.  Beat Duke in Cameron believe.  They are scrappy and will bring the energy.  Hope we match it.  I really like where we appeared to be today.  If we play like we did today, should pull this one out. 

Was anyone at the game yesterday? I was and when I was standing in the concession line, I am about 95% sure I saw Pat Nix walk by along with his son who is going to Clemson. They were both dressed in Auburn apparel. Just curious if anyone else might have seen this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

People will say "it's a 15 seed" "it's jax state" but this game is exactly what this team needed confidence wise to get back in the swing. We did what we are good at, we had players that really played some smart basketball at good times, like KD, he was huge today in numerous things. Nice to see flan get a little going offensively really gonna need that. Jabari is just Jabari and disappointed that Kessler fell one block the triple double. To the round of 32 we go! WDE!!!

Outside of 2020, this is probably the closest the haves been to the have nots in CBB since I’ve been following it. Baylor getting ran off the court by UNC, Gonzaga having to foul a community college’s entire starting lineup out damn near to pull away, Alabama getting boat raced by a ND team folks said shouldn’t have been there. Kentucky…

its more than just your seed or your stars this time around

4 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Was anyone at the game yesterday? I was and when I was standing in the concession line, I am about 95% sure I saw Pat Nix walk by along with his son who is going to Clemson. They were both dressed in Auburn apparel. Just curious if anyone else might have seen this. 

I wouldn’t be shocked, they’re still auburn fans as I understand 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Outside of 2020, this is probably the closest the haves been to the have nots in CBB since I’ve been following it. Baylor getting ran off the court by UNC, Gonzaga having to foul a community college’s entire starting lineup out damn near to pull away, Alabama getting boat raced by a ND team folks said shouldn’t have been there. Kentucky…

its more than just your seed or your stars this time around

Correction Baylor was getting ran off the court. Not any more thanks to the refs. Bama was in a tough spot without Quinnerly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn’t be shocked, they’re still auburn fans as I understand 

I figured as much. Clemson is only about 45 minutes from there so I didn’t know if maybe they checked out the game while on a visit. I actually drove through there on the way home. A nice campus with many similarities to Auburn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

I was there yesterday but I did not see PN. Tomorrow I will be there too. If he was there yesterday I would think he would be there tomorrow.