Jaylin Williams

creed

Any news on Jaylin? Will he be available for Sunday?

All happened because the Jax State guy hesitated just to draw a foul.  If he goes up with it on the open layup, no problems.  Maybe it ticks Jaylin off though and he plays angry.  Hehe

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

I think Moore is serviceable for 8-10 minutes a game. Stretch I honestly do not see him belonging on the court. He did get a minute or so in yesterday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

All happened because the Jax State guy hesitated just to draw a foul.

My philosophy is, if you're gonna foul get your damn money's worth. Guy should never make a shot if you foul him. Hammer the hell out of him.

2 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

I think Moore is serviceable for 8-10 minutes a game. Stretch I honestly do not see him belonging on the court. He did get a minute or so in yesterday.

Stretch played 10.9 minutes a game last year— played in 27 games. I would think playing against Kessler & Jabari has likely made him a bit better. Don’t want him on the FT line, though.

2 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

Generally I’d agree with that but we were up like what 15? when Jaylin and Kessler went down. get a couple minutes for Dylan to rest 

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

My philosophy is, if you're gonna foul get your damn money's worth. Guy should never make a shot if you foul him. Hammer the hell out of him.

Thank you Kevin McHale...

4c82bd55gw1f0ngkdds6fg20ak059qv9.gif?w=8

And Bill Laimbeer...

PepperyThinIceblueredtopzebra-max-1mb.gi

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, aucosby said:

Stretch asked to be redshirted 

So is it like football and you can play some without burning it?

14 hours ago, aucosby said:

Stretch asked to be redshirted 

Wonder if that's a sign he hits the portal at all this year...but, also maybe realized he wasn't going to play much this year with Kessler coming in and Cardwell being a very capable back up. 

Edited by GTNupe11

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If he can shoot and move like he did this week and last season…I’m perfectly fine letting him be the man at that 4 spot. Turned it on when we needed him someone 

I wish we would've run some sets with Less at 5, Jaylin at the 4, and Jabari playing out of the three.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I wish we would've run some sets with Less at 5, Jaylin at the 4, and Jabari playing out of the three.

Its the experiment that would've made some sense just from a "play into your size" stand point. I don't want to be a doomer by any means, but this season combined with some of the poor entry passing of previous seasons has definitely shown me that CBP is WAYYYY better at playing to guards than bigs. you would've even thought Jabari was a guard with how it ended for him too. 

I know you mentioned some hi-lo between Kessler and Jabari back in November, I'm just hoping and praying for a renewed interest in getting bigs involved in a "big" way by the staff this offseason. So many ways to feature Kessler than shoot open three, be lob threat or put back misses (last game aside, where he was just out of it). 

• Like 1

I like Jaylin and think he should get more run. However, i don't know that i like centering an offense around him. Yes, feature him him in some sets but we're going to be in deep trouble asking and expecting him to be one of the main sources of offensive production.

I'm really glad Jaylin was hitting his 3's last night, if he wasn't we would have lost by 30+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I like Jaylin and think he should get more run. However, i don't know that i like centering an offense around him. Yes, feature him him in some sets but we're going to be in deep trouble asking and expecting him to be one of the main sources of offensive production.

I dunno if it’s a literal “build around” him thing. Pearl has at least a 15% exaggeration filter on any given conference he gives. But I think it was supposed be a vote of confidence to us that he’ll be featured more after the great ball he showed to close the season. Could’ve also been a public promise to Jaylin, to keep him in the fold. I’m sure the guy has been on the borderline of dipping out at least once

• Like 1

I sure hope he stays.  I have thought he should have gotten more playing time all season long given his abilities.  Like I mentioned in another thread, after he had such a great game in the 1st round of the tourney I was totally floored that he didn't get hardly any minutes when it counted in the Miami game.  He had to be sore about that.  I think that tweet from Pearl was absolutely made in order to try and keep him around for next season.  I know if I were JW I would want an assurance that I would get starter minutes next year to stay around.  He doesn't have much time left to try and prove that he can make it at the next level and he will need starter minutes next year to make that happen.  This year he showed that he has developed a pretty solid mid-range game that he had not showed before, and he certainly has the ability to take the 3 pointer.  In prior years he would end up driving out of control and throw up kinda wild shots or turn the ball over.  This year he drove numerous times to the basket and was able to stop and hit shots just outside of the paint and in the paint.  That was something we really hadn't seen from him before.  With 1 more offseason of working on his offense and defense I really think he could become a star for Auburn next year. 

Edited by BHDAU1
grammar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BHDAU1 said:

I sure hope he stays.  I have thought he should have gotten more playing time all season long given his abilities.  Like I mentioned in another thread, after he had such a great game in the 1st round of the tourney I was totally floored that he didn't get hardly any minutes when it counted in the Miami game.  He had to be sore about that.  I think that tweet from Pearl was absolutely made in order to try and keep him around for next season.  I know if I were JW I would want an assurance that I would get starter minutes next year to stay around.  He doesn't have much time left to try and prove that he can make it at the next level and he will need starter minutes next year to make that happen.  This year he showed that he has developed a pretty solid mid-range game that he had not showed before, and he certainly has the ability to take the 3 pointer.  In prior years he would end up driving out of control and throw up kinda wild shots or turn the ball over.  This year he drove numerous times to the basket and was able to stop and hit shots just outside of the paint and in the paint.  That was something we really hadn't seen from him before.  With 1 more offseason of working on his offense and defense I really think he could become a star for Auburn next year. 

I love Jaylin and like you I hope he stays here and develops his game more.  His issue is he is a tweener.  Not really big enough to play the two positions he is best at PF and C but not a good enough ball handler and defender against the SF he would face which he fits better with his height. The Mid-range game he started to show is exactly what he needs to develop. With Kessler in foul trouble and them spreading the floor with the center shooting the three I think he would have been a better matchup against the Miami Center then Cardwell. Cardwell uses his big body banging down low against big centers but was not mobile enough to defend the Miami Center. Now if Cardwell had a down low offensive game he could have made Miami pay on the other end.  Jaylin does have a down low game so could have played tighter defense and hurt Miami down low assuming our guards could have gotten him the ball.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

but not a good enough ball handler and defender against the SF he would face which he fits better with his height.

I can’t tell you how happy seeing someone else on this board recognize this makes me 

• Like 2