How bad is the SEC?

alexava

Some one please me why Gonzaga is the NCAA media darling?

Who do they play?

Respectfully

(2019 Final Four...Virginia double dribbled)

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I respectfully disagree. U are just looking at win/losses. By the matrix u are using Michigan wouldn’t be there but the committee thought otherwise and took SOS and win and loss into consideration. Watching  Michigan play these two games there is no way u can conclude that they are the traditional 14 seed. For whatever reason Michigan didn’t win more game and as Barkley said the tournament is a chance for every team to reset. Again watching the game yesterday I never felt the VOLs were going to win.  
Lastly, I bet Vols fans don’t share that playing a 14 seed any day of the week assessment. They feel they got shafted. I don’t recall a power conference having a team seeded that low.

Wins/losses matter. And who you beat/lost to. Michigan was a 14-loss and an 11-seed.

Lots of folks felt 12-loss A&M got shafted after ending the season winning 7 of their last 8.

Prior to Michigan upsetting Tennessee, very few agreed Michigan should have been in over A&M.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My whole point went totally over your head. Not surprising 

You never have a point. You only dream up fantasies.

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

You never have a point. You only dream up fantasies.

Really?So u made a fool out of yourself on the football side. The whole board saw u get  exposed. Now your wanting to do the same on Bball side

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Really?So u made a fool out of yourself on the football side. Got exposed. Now your wanting to do the same on Bball side

Ask most anyone on this board if St Peter is better than KY.. 9 times out of 10 , no their not. This 1 time they were. Hence my point the best team doesn't always win in a 1 and done. Is why it's called March Madness and conference records aren't always indicative of NCAA tourney success. 

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wins/losses matter. And who you beat/lost to. Michigan was a 14-loss and an 11-seed.

Lots of folks felt 12-loss A&M got shafted after ending the season winning 7 of their last 8.

Prior to Michigan upsetting Tennessee, very few agreed Michigan should have been in over A&M.

Exactly, wins and losses matter and their best wins were better than TAMU. Especially, their blowout of #3Purdue. That alone shows they are more than capable. Lastly like I said Michigan is a regular in the tournament. Again when have u seen a power 5 team rated so low in the tourney. 

Edited by e808

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Really?So u made a fool out of yourself on the football side. The whole board saw u get  exposed. Now your wanting to do the same on Bball side

So UK beat St. Pete?

Fantasy land.

So Harsin has been retained through 2024?

Fantasy land.

I guess bammer won the 2013 Iron Bowl as 11-point favorites too.

Fantasy land.

You should change your name to Fantasyland. A Mickey Mouse avatar would suit you well.

33 minutes ago, e808 said:

Exactly, wins and losses matter and their best wins were better than TAMU. Especially, their blowout of #3Purdue. That alone shows they are more than capable. Lastly like I said Michigan is a regular in the tournament. Again when have u seen a power 5 team rated so low in the tourney. 

P5 teams get slotted at the 11-seed nearly every post-season.

https://www.bruinsnation.com/2021/3/14/22326312/bruins-ucla-basketball-news-selection-sunday

Selection Sunday: Bruins land No. 11-seed, among ‘First Four’

Mar 14, 2021, 4:07pm PDT

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

So UK beat St. Pete?

Fantasy land.

So Harsin has been retained through 2024?

Fantasy land.

I guess bammer won the 2013 Iron Bowl as 11-point favorites too.

Fantasy land.

You should change your name to Fantasyland. A Mickey Mouse avatar would suit you well.

Can you read a post and do simple comprehension? Or  do u just get your jollies by making a fool out of Yourself by making crap Up?  Does anyone on the board ask your opinion or like any of your Posts? I've yet to see one..

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Awful performance by the league all in all. Kinda embarrassingly bad after all the talk (our own league and fanbases mostly) about how tough the league was. It was tough I believe but hard to sell that when everyone craps the bed. 

• Like 1

Some won’t like this but we got outplayed and mostly out coached. They took Kessler out. Kept him outside the paint,,,, Jabari took terrible shots, probably because we couldn’t get any movement to free him. But he didn’t look like a NBA player, much less a 1st pick. Flanagan hasn’t played well all season. Jaylin was our best threat and played 18 minutes. Our guards can’t handle the ball with tight defense in the half court game. 

• Love 1

13 hours ago, rocketman73 said:

Who do they play?

Respectfully

Because they win. Even when they are down, or have a hard time with an opponent, they win.

Pearl and the team can learn a lot from that

4 hours ago, alexava said:

Some won’t like this but we got outplayed and mostly out coached. They took Kessler out. Kept him outside the paint,,,, Jabari took terrible shots, probably because we couldn’t get any movement to free him. But he didn’t look like a NBA player, much less a 1st pick. Flanagan hasn’t played well all season. Jaylin was our best threat and played 18 minutes. Our guards can’t handle the ball with tight defense in the half court game. 

I agree with the outplayed and probably out coached. In the post game presser CBP admitted if he had an answer he would have fixed it. Bari one bad game doesn’t discredit him from being a NBA player or the first pick. 
  Regarding Flan I am willing to give him more time coming off an Achilles injury. Only Nique and KD have done well after their injuries. 
Lastly there were a lot of new faces on the team. If my memories services me correctly the teams that go far are experienced and have played together for a few years.

Gotta have shooters, simple as that.  We don't have any shooters besides Jabari.

20 hours ago, rocketman73 said:

Who do they play?

Respectfully

I don’t think they’re the darling per se, they’ve just been the best team in the sport for the most extended recent period. UVA got love during their stretch to close last decade, Villanova got more love than either during their 4 year stretch of multiple natties. Everyone has a turn if you’re winning 

Auburn was highly favored in the press when we were hot, even with our lack of marquee OOC games. Those usually get you over in the media more than anything 

On 3/21/2022 at 10:49 AM, e808 said:

I agree with the outplayed and probably out coached. In the post game presser CBP admitted if he had an answer he would have fixed it. Bari one bad game doesn’t discredit him from being a NBA player or the first pick. 
  Regarding Flan I am willing to give him more time coming off an Achilles injury. Only Nique and KD have done well after their injuries. 
Lastly there were a lot of new faces on the team. If my memories services me correctly the teams that go far are experienced and have played together for a few years.

I’m willing to give Flanagan time but in a tournament you go with who can keep you alive. I’m convinced Jaylin or Cambridge were better offensively than Flanagan. Just disappointed Bruce had no answers during the game. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m willing to give Flanagan time but in a tournament you go with who can keep you alive. I’m convinced Jaylin or Cambridge were better offensively than Flanagan. Just disappointed Bruce had no answers during the game. 

I think he learned alot from this tournament loss. He seemed pretty perplexed 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think he learned alot from this tournament loss. He seemed pretty perplexed 

I stayed positive through the late season slump when we weren’t playing well. Mainly because I don’t think we have ever had a stronger team. I have said all season that for the past 30 years, Jaylin would have been the best player on the team in 15 maybe 20 of them. And he’s not in the first seven now! I’m not complaining about that because it worked the way Bruce did it and we were very talented. I guess the disappointment is from not tweaking the rotation to counter the deficiencies and spark production during the slump. In hindsight, of course. 

• Love 1

How bad is the SEC?

It's not. Just had a rough tourney. There are many more data points during the regular season proving the SEC was one of the better conferences.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 6:10 PM, alexava said:

I stayed positive through the late season slump when we weren’t playing well. Mainly because I don’t think we have ever had a stronger team. I have said all season that for the past 30 years, Jaylin would have been the best player on the team in 15 maybe 20 of them. And he’s not in the first seven now! I’m not complaining about that because it worked the way Bruce did it and we were very talented. I guess the disappointment is from not tweaking the rotation to counter the deficiencies and spark production during the slump. In hindsight, of course. 

I agree on most of this, but let’s call it like it is.   There was some bad coaching.   Bruce made a comment yesterday that he is going to build next year’s team around jaylin.    What???? Why didn’t he play more?  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:46 PM, ellitor said:

It's not. Just had a rough tourney. There are many more data points during the regular season proving the SEC was one of the better conferences.

Yessir. I heard a veteran coach talking about the SEC on Mark Packer's show and he said the same thing. I can't recall his name, but he coached in the Big 10 mostly, and made another interesting point. He thinks this is the best the SEC has been from top to bottom, so it's the first time that the teams have ever had to run the gauntlet that the Big 10 and the ACC always did in the past. Throw in the fact that the SEC now schedules good teams in the out of conference games and you've got teams that are physically and mentally drained. He said the fatigue would fade in time as teams realized that they can't take a night off physically or mentally, and adjusted to the grind. Just his opinion, but it was something that would explain how some teams looked unbeatable at times during the season, and in actuality might have been for some weeks in a row before falling off at the end. 

23 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Bruce made a comment yesterday that he is going to build next year’s team around jaylin.    What???? Why didn’t he play more?  

Jaylin played off the bench this year because we brought in Jabari but he wants to start next year, and could start for many D1 programs.  If Jaylin isn't going to get assurances to start then I assume he'll bail and move on somewhere where he can get heavy minutes.  With the yearly roster turnover, which is only getting more prevalent each year, we desperately need quality veteran leadership on the court...something we've lacked since the Final 4 run.  He's an important piece if we want to have a better tourny showing next year (just not sure we build around his game).