Hunter's laptop

bigbird

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't value your opinion on moderation here enough to bother.

And I haven't justified anything on my voting record.  I simply told people what it was and expounded on where I stand on a range of issues.

You vote Republican 99% of the time and get called a lib on here anyway. 😉

No need to worry about crazy takes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't value your opinion on moderation here enough to bother.

And I haven't justified anything on my voting record.  I simply told people what it was and expounded on where I stand on a range of issues.

It’s obvious you don’t value anyones opinion on here about the bias in your moderation. That is unless they agree with you. 

Sounds a lot like our previous president doesn’t it? 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It’s obvious you don’t value anyones opinion on here about the bias in your moderation. That is unless they agree with you. 

I care about what the owner of this site thinks and I care about what TexasTiger, my fellow moderator thinks.  

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Sounds a lot like our previous president doesn’t it? 

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I care about what the owner of this site thinks and I care about what TexasTiger, my fellow moderator thinks.  

:rolleyes:

Last I checked there were many moderators on here. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Last I checked there were many moderators on here. 

The politics forum has two moderators:  Me and TexasTiger.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The politics forum has two moderators:  Me and TexasTiger.

So you operate in a vacuum? Are you saying you don’t value their opinion since they aren’t mods in the political forums? If so, you should sit back and ask yourself why that is. I get the point that you don’t want too many “cooks in the kitchen,” but I’m sure you have conversations with them behind the scenes at some point and their opinion and advice should be sought out. If not it just further solidifies what some of us are saying. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So you operate in a vacuum?

No.  We all answer to the owner of the site. But certain forums here are moderated by a smaller subset of the moderating team while others are handled by all. Been that way for several years now. 

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Are you saying you don’t value their opinion since they aren’t mods in the political forums? If so, you should sit back and ask yourself why that is. I get the point that you don’t want too many “cooks in the kitchen,” but I’m sure you have conversations with them behind the scenes at some point and their opinion and advice should be sought out. If not it just further solidifies what some of us are saying. 

I’ve become used to the arc of certain people’s opinions here and thus far nothing new has caused me to reconsider the relative weight I give to it.  There are probably some whose opinions might cause me to think more about a decision but overall, the two I mentioned are the ones whose opinions I value the most by far. 

This thread has long since stopped being about a laptop. 

If you wish to talk about your like or dislike of my moderating, PM me. Or hit up RuninRed.