Hunter's laptop

bigbird

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes they have had if for years at this point, but don’t forget the investigation was about Tax Fraud/Not paying taxes and Hunter has recently paid his nearly $1 million bill.  I’m not sure how FOX or the Post would have access to the investigation.  They do now since the Tax bill has been paid I would imagine.  I wouldn’t put too much stock in what the Trump campaign had to say about it and I am sure you don’t.

But if the only truly damning thing was Hunter not paying taxes, how’s it the smoking gun for Joe Biden’s alleged corruption? If there’s more, they’d have said it 24/7 before the election and would still be harping on it— wouldn’t they?

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If the House flips to Republican this fall will Bobulinski be considered a defendant or a witness?  Regardless of what Giuliani is accused of, a witness to the misdeeds of the sitting President would be of paramount importance.  Would you agree?  I am not saying Joe did anything bad, but let’s find out.

One can be both. What’s Bobulinski said lately? 

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They’d have said it 24/7 before the election and would still be harping on it

That, again is the point.  Any meaningful investigation by the media was quashed before the election.  The damning part to Joe is the alleged participation in Hunter’s business dealings with China as he was supposedly getting 10% of the cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

One can be both. What’s Bobulinski said lately? 

Bobulinski has, probably, been scared to death.  I hope he has the guts to show up again with the same story.  

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

That, again is the point.  Any meaningful investigation by the media was quashed before the election.  The damning part to Joe is the alleged participation in Hunter’s business dealings with China as he was supposedly getting 10% of the cut.

The Wall Street Journal is still reasonably reputable, although Murdoch’s magic is taking its toll. They investigated along with Fox & the NYPost:

“Bobulinski provided some of his records to outlets like Fox News and the Wall Street Journal. Both reported that they do not show Joe Biden had business dealings with SinoHawk Holdings or took money from the Chinese company.”

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/29/tony-bobulinski-hunter-biden-and-china-explainer/

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Bobulinski has, probably, been scared to death.  I hope he has the guts to show up again with the same story.  

He wasn’t able to substantiate his claims to the Wall Street Journal, but let’s put him under oath. Perjury convictions do scare some people into telling the truth. I hope he tells the truth whether it’s the same story or not.

49 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He wasn’t able to substantiate his claims to the Wall Street Journal, but let’s put him under oath. Perjury convictions do scare some people into telling the truth. I hope he tells the truth whether it’s the same story or not.

This was my feeling during the Mueller investigation.  All we want is the truth after it has been thoroughly vetted.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This was my feeling during the Mueller investigation.  All we want is the truth after it has been throughly vetted.

Truth often requires cooperation.

• Like 2

They (politicians and the powerful) live by a different set of rules. They manipulate us and use their own corruption to advance a protected course of action. The media is their tool. Willingly 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The media is their tool. Willingly 

So are the ones that deny such claims

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Truth often requires cooperation.

As well as zero preconceived notions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Few people have that and, arguably they are necessary in an investigation, but they need to strive to be as open minded as possible to what they actually find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Few people have that and, arguably they are necessary in an investigation, but they need to strive to be as open minded as possible to what they actually find.

Yeah, I should've said little instead of Zero

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What convinced you of that?  Was it James Clapper saying it was classic Russian disinformation?  Was it the 50 CIA people that wrote a letter that is was Russian disinformation?  How could Russia have had a disinformation campaign on a physical laptop and what was in it?

At the time a lot of Democrats wanted Trump out, mainly because they believed the only reason he was President was Russia helped him get elected.  It was a calculated move to float the idea it was happening again and really had the desired affect.  The media shut it down because that wasn’t going to happen again.  The Democrats just let the media go on.

I literally know of nobody that has ever believed that the only reason Trump was elected was because of help from Russia... NOBODY.  Did Russia have an interest in Trump winning?  Absolutely.  Trump showed us why by his ass kissing of Putin for 4 years.  That does not mean that they were responsible for his winning the election.

• Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, I should've said little instead of Zero

Investigators almost always develop theories, and preferably a range of possible theories of a case in an effort to connect dots— is their motive? If so, what? What are possible expectations for known behavior? That’s very different than approaching a situation with one’s mind made up, but the challenge is not trying to force facts into one’s theory of the case and being open to developing alternative theories as facts become known.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I literally know of nobody that has ever believed that the only reason Trump was elected was because of help from Russia... NOBODY.  Did Russia have an interest in Trump winning?  Absolutely.  Trump showed us why by his ass kissing of Putin for 4 years.  That does not mean that they were responsible for his winning the election.

I can tell you one person that thinks the only reason Trump was elected was because of Russian help……Hillary Clinton :rimshot:. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

This kissing Putin’s ass for 4 years is not based in fact.  Biden, however, there is evidence that he is afraid of Putin and allowing Putin to do what ever he wants with little or no resistance other than *sanction* that have not deterred Putin to date.

• Like 1

People do realize that it is legal to do business in China and most other parts of the world?  Right? Many on the far right are making every attempt to talk this story into being something that no evidence supports.  The list is long of narratives that have been cultivated, investigated, been called the greatest scandal known to American politics and then dies from lack of evidence and some other event is planted in the brains of the flock

Just a few:

Whitewater - In the end, the Clintons were determined innocent of any wrongdoing that might pertain to Whitewater/Rose Law Firm.

Death of Vince Foster - 3 different agencies ruled his death a suicide.  His family supports that conclusion.

Benghazi - The Republican House Select Committee concluded that the government response to the attack — including Clinton’s — was appropriate.

The Clinton Foundation - Again, the Justice Dept, under Bill Barr, closed the investigation after concluding that there was no evidence of wrongdoing.  In fact, Charity watch groups gave the Foundation the highest score possible for transparency, but that never gets mentioned.

Obama's birth certificate - The man was born in Hawaii to a mother that was born in Kansas.  Even if he had been born in Asia, as some nut jobs claimed, he would have still been considered a natural born citizen as the result of his mother's unquestioned U.S. citizenship.

So much s*** thrown into a fan, yet nobody smells.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

People do realize that it is legal to do business in China and most other parts of the world?  Right? Many on the far right are making every attempt to talk this story into being something that no evidence supports.  The list is long of narratives that have been cultivated, investigated, been called the greatest scandal known to American politics and then dies from lack of evidence and some other event is planted in the brains of the flock

Just a few:

Whitewater - In the end, the Clintons were determined innocent of any wrongdoing that might pertain to Whitewater/Rose Law Firm.

Death of Vince Foster - 3 different agencies ruled his death a suicide.  His family supports that conclusion.

Benghazi - The Republican House Select Committee concluded that the government response to the attack — including Clinton’s — was appropriate.

The Clinton Foundation - Again, the Justice Dept, under Bill Barr, closed the investigation after concluding that there was no evidence of wrongdoing.  In fact, Charity watch groups gave the Foundation the highest score possible for transparency, but that never gets mentioned.

Obama's birth certificate - The man was born in Hawaii to a mother that was born in Kansas.  Even if he had been born in Asia, as some nut jobs claimed, he would have still been considered a natural born citizen as the result of his mother's unquestioned U.S. citizenship.

So much s*** thrown into a fan, yet nobody smells.

You know without investigations you would have people throw this type of stuff up endlessly.  At least you have something you can go to when someone makes a ridiculous claim.

Are we getting nervous that Hunter’s laptop may be scrutinized in the near future, say after the first of the year?

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know without investigations you would have people throw this type of stuff up endlessly.  At least you have something you can go to when someone makes a ridiculous claim.

Are we getting nervous that Hunter’s laptop may be scrutinized in the near future, say after the first of the year?

It certainly wouldn't be the first investigation looking for a crime.  What Hunter Biden does or has done shouldn't surprise anyone.  He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to steering clear of trouble.  There is a Hunter in families all across the world.  All reports are that his now deceased brother was one of the few people that could keep him in line at times. 

Is this the type thing Republicans want to begin a crusade over?  It is certainly not worthy of the time it would take for a Republican House to bitch and moan about for a year or two, unless there was some concrete link clearly establishing wrongdoing on the President's part.  Do you think he is the first family member of a President to profit from their dad, brother etc being the President of the United States?  Carter's brother Billy did, Reagan's kids, the Bush children, Bill Clinton's brother Roger, all the Trump kids.... it's called American capitalism.  There is nothing illegal about someone paying to establish a relationship with the family member of an elected official.

The laptop situation is rife with issues. Did anyone alter or add to the contents of the laptop prior to it being in the possession of the FBI?

THE BIG QUESTION:

Is Biden so brain dead that he can barely remember his name or is he sneaky and witty enough to plan some criminal conspiracy?  You cannot have it both ways.

Edited by AU9377

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Is this the type thing Republicans want to begin a crusade over?  It is certainly not worthy of the time it would take for a Republican House to bitch and moan about for a year or two, unless there was some concrete link clearly establishing wrongdoing on the President's part. 

Crusade you say? After 4 years of Russia, Russia, Russia and you invoke time worthiness and concrete links? SMH

57 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Is Biden so brain dead that he can barely remember his name or is he sneaky and witty enough to plan some criminal conspiracy?  You cannot have it both ways.

At first I thought he was brain dead, but now I believe he has lost several steps and is as stubborn as any person I know.  I also believe his is compromised, but that will be hard to prove.  Just watch what he does.

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Crusade you say? After 4 years of Russia, Russia, Russia and you invoke time worthiness and concrete links? SMH

There was only 4 years of Russia if you tuned into programming that reinforced that belief.  The impeachment was a much bigger deal.  In that ordeal, Republicans in the Senate simply chose party over truth.  I would have understood their actions and votes had they at the very least admitted that Trump did what it was proven he did.  Instead, all but a few chose to pretend that what was proven really meant something else.  It was very much like waking up and swearing to everyone that the sky is purple, not blue.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

At first I thought he was brain dead, but now I believe he has lost several steps and is as stubborn as any person I know.  I also believe his is compromised, but that will be hard to prove.  Just watch what he does.

You believe, for some reason, that Biden is compromised? Let me guess, you never saw any evidence that Trump was compromised?  Nothing smelled fishy at all when he embraced Putin and announced to the world that he would trust Putin's word over that of American intelligence agencies? 

You don't even have to go all conspiracy central and ask about the financing of Trump's real estate interests in Moscow or look into Ivanka and her husband's dealings.  Just listen to the man himself.

Clearly none of that matters when there is a laptop that once belonged to the son of the current President that someone said someone else said contains an email referring to a meeting that big Joe would attend.  That is all it takes.  SMDH

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 5:25 AM, bigbird said:

Man, the Party-ophiles on the board here will of course object to that. I mean VBNMW BLUE MAGAS and the trumpophile RED MAGA can only see their party's side. 

You know:

"The election was stolen in 2016 by trump and the Russians!!!!!" We claimed it for 4 years BUT if it looks unAmerican then we NEVER SAID IT AT ALL.... :ucrazy:
"The 2020 Election was stolen by Biden" The delusional ones are out in force and really just about thwarted our system of government, but they are REAL AMERICANS!!!!:blink:
The 2024 Election will be stolen by whomever wins." Because at the end of the day, both of these parties are owned by Wall Street and the MIC. They do not serve the American People, at all.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You believe, for some reason, that Biden is compromised? Let me guess, you never saw any evidence that Trump was compromised?  Nothing smelled fishy at all when he embraced Putin and announced to the world that he would trust Putin's word over that of American intelligence agencies? 

You don't even have to go all conspiracy central and ask about the financing of Trump's real estate interests in Moscow or look into Ivanka and her husband's dealings.  Just listen to the man himself.

Clearly none of that matters when there is a laptop that once belonged to the son of the current President that someone said someone else said contains an email referring to a meeting that big Joe would attend.  That is all it takes.  SMDH

Was there any hard evidence of Trump being compromised?  If there were, don’t you think it would have been exposed? And prosecuted?  Trump says stuff off the cuff and only believes half of what he says.  Biden is a politician and always has been.  The laptop is a source that could was said was Russian disinformation and 50 Intelligence agents signed a letter saying so.  Did Trump have a legitimate claim as to why he didn’t .trust American Intelligence?  I don’t know, but why sign a letter that they knew would squash any investigation when it was an authentic source against Biden and supported Trump?  So many questions.

I have had my doubts about Biden well before the election and, unfortunately, they seem to be correct.  I am willing to wait the years is will take for the FBI to mull through the laptop to fine the truth.  My thoughts about Biden being compromised comes from his weakness when he deals with Putin and Xi, nothing more.

The laptop does add to the curiosity.