Hunter's laptop

bigbird

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, bigbird said:

Haven't seen anything prosecutable for Trump or his daughter but want it exposed to deter future Presidents.  Wouldn't the same be equally applicable with Hunter and Joe?

The way that Hunter has profited from his name has been pretty well exposed. I don't think it's been ignored or covered up by the press. For example, WAPO did a series on it, detailing the payments and amounts, which amount into the millions. 

But I'm not aware if there's been is (technically) criminal been exposed, at least so far.

But to answer your question directly, yes,  profiteering off ones family connection to the POTUS, governor, etc. should be exposed for every politician, regardless of party affiliation.

Personally, I'd like to see a hell of a lot more information on the flow of Russian money into the Trump business organization criminal or not. 

The same goes for any politician who benefits from money from foreign governments, and for that matter, lobbyists in general.   

This sort of corruption rots our democracy and we seem helpless to do anything about it.  :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I don't think it's been ignored or covered up by the press.

It was.

Facebook, Twitter, MSM...they shut any mention of it down completely. Then, it turned out to be true and they had to recognize it.  

That's the worst part, to me. The absolute willful censorship and blind eye to it. 

What was it that Neimöller said...

It flows both directions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The reasoning big tech companies used to justify censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story was because they claimed it violated their policy of posting hacked material. Twitter even specifically stated that the NY Post's article contained images of personal and private information like email addresses and phone numbers.

Not only was the laptop not hacked, the policy that Twitter used to censor the laptop story was only enforced for that story alone. There's been examples of Twitter allowing hacked/leaked material to be posted without censoring when the targets are conservatives or causes that conservatives support.

Here's one example: the fundraising site GiveSendGo was hacked and the list of people who donated to the Canadian truckers, which included names and personal information were posted on Twitter without censorship.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-hacked-material-canadian-freedom-convoy-donors-hunter-biden-laptop

The excuses made for big tech companies censoring are bad enough, but the letter signed by more than 50 former senior intelligence officials is what really makes the suppression of the laptop story contemptible.

The left spin on the suppression of the story is that it the laptop story doesn't involve Joe Biden. Ok, so if you want to argue the story has nothing to do Joe Biden, why then was there a confluence by corporate media, big tech, and the intelligence community to label the laptop story as 'disinformation' without checking to verify the content of the story? It's pretty simple. They wanted to prevent the story from negatively hurting Joe Biden before the election.

The letter by more than 50 former intelligence officials served one purpose. It was meant to lend credibility to the suppression of the laptop story. It's what allowed the liberal corporate media to also shutdown any debate or discussion of the laptop on their outlets in the run-up to the election. It allowed the liberal corporate media to brush it off and act as though the laptop was only a story for right wing circles and wasn't true.  The letter should be a smoking gun of how politicized the U.S. intelligence community has gotten when so many former intelligence officials throw blanket support behind one candidate by treating the laptop as 'Russian disinformation' in order to help prevent a damaging story from being ratified.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

It was.

Facebook, Twitter, MSM...they shut any mention of it down completely. Then, it turned out to be true and they had to recognize it.  

That's the worst part, to me. The absolute willful censorship and blind eye to it. 

What was it that Neimöller said...

It flows both directions

First, I don't consider what appears on social media as "reporting" at all.

As far as the "MSM", I feel they have an obligation to report only what they know to be true. 

Having said that, I am fine if it's reported as "alleged" or "allegedly" - even with politically sensitive news - but I don't have a problem with not reporting it at all if they haven't verified it as true.

(And I wouldn't describe the latter as a "cover-up".)

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

but I don't have a problem with not reporting it at all if they really haven't verified it as true.

(And I wouldn't describe the latter as a "cover-up".)

Do you have a problem with them pushing it aside for political reasons?

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I don't consider what appears on social media as "reporting" at all.

You don't think Twitter or Facebook media organizations are reporting?

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You don't think Twitter or Facebook media organizations are reporting?

Nope.

I consider them social media outlets with no real standards regarding the reporting of news.  The only thing they care about is profitability.

Course, I feel pretty much the same about the Fox "news" network for the same reasons. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Of course, depending on what you mean by "pushing it aside". 

That's no different from hyping (unproven or alleged) claims as true for political reasons.

In this particular case, waiting for verification that information on a computer left at a repair shop was actually Hunter Biden's was prudent, IMO.

(Especially since Rudy Giuliani was in the chain of custody. ;D)

Edited by homersapien

On 4/4/2022 at 4:16 PM, homersapien said:

Nope.

I consider them social media outlets with no real standards regarding the reporting of news.  The only thing they care about is profitability.

Course, I feel pretty much the same about the Fox "news" network for the same reasons. 

Seems like earlier you thought millions of people got their voting information from Facebook. That was why Russians spending $100K on Facebook ads swung the election to Trump. 

And you didn’t mind the msm eagerly reporting Russian collusion and

steele dossier even though the msm fbi cia nsa all knew it was fake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, bigbird said:

Haven't seen anything prosecutable for Trump or his daughter but want it exposed to deter future Presidents.  Wouldn't the same be equally applicable with Hunter and Joe?

I believe that the crime should be something that isn't petty and reaching, regardless of who the individual being hunted is.  People pretend that these things happen and should be examined with blinders on, with no consideration given to how members on the other side of the aisle have behaved in similar situations, yet that is far from what actually happens. Trump's daughter was given a desk in the White House, a salary (regardless of whether she kept the pennies or not) and access to people around the world.  Do you think she gets all those Chinese patents approved if daddy isn't President? I seriously doubt it.  Even so, I don't want it investigated because there are more important things to do.

I haven't heard of a single prosecutable allegation made against Joe Biden, the President.  Even so, the far right is eagerly awaiting the possibility that the Republicans take the House at the midterms.  If so, we will likely see another incredibly useless waste of time on the part of Congress by way of Hunter's laptop.  It is a real race for most crazy between the far left and the far right.  At least the far left fights amongst themselves.  The far right marches to the beat of Hannity & Tucker Carlson.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I believe that the crime should be something that isn't petty and reaching, regardless of who the individual being hunted is.  People pretend that these things happen and should be examined with blinders on, with no consideration given to how members on the other side of the aisle have behaved in similar situations, yet that is far from what actually happens. Trump's daughter was given a desk in the White House, a salary (regardless of whether she kept the pennies or not) and access to people around the world.  Do you think she gets all those Chinese patents approved if daddy isn't President? I seriously doubt it.  Even so, I don't want it investigated because there are more important things to do.

I haven't heard of a single prosecutable allegation made against Joe Biden, the President.  Even so, the far right is eagerly awaiting the possibility that the Republicans take the House at the midterms.  If so, we will likely see another incredibly useless waste of time on the part of Congress by way of Hunter's laptop.  It is a real race for most crazy between the far left and the far right.  At least the far left fights amongst themselves.  The far right marches to the beat of Hannity & Tucker Carlson.

Again, for me it's not the investigation/prosecution.

It's the way the MSM, tech conglomerates, and congress members blatantly censored, pushed aside, ignored, and chastised anyone who possibly wanted to take pause. 

Money and power buy a lot, but we don't have to buy what they sell in return.

• Like 3

On 4/6/2022 at 5:14 PM, I_M4_AU said:

That doesn't make any sense.

I thought Hunter never went back to claim the computer in question.

How could it could it have information on it related to a "cover-up" which hadn't yet happened, unless it was given back to Hunter and he added information since it was returned?

Bottom line, that tweet makes no sense.

(Well except for simple political grandstanding to MAGAs who don't have sense enough think about it.)

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That doesn't make any sense.

I thought Hunter never went back to claim the computer in question.

How could it could it have information on it related to a "cover-up" which hadn't yet happened, unless it was given back to Hunter and he added information since it was returned?

Bottom line, that tweet makes no sense.

(Well except for simple political grandstanding to MAGAs who don't have sense enough think about it.)

Do you think Hunter has other evidence of coordination or collusion that are not on the seized laptop that he could destroy?

The Rep is on the Judiciary Committee, I believe he should know what he is talking about.

At a 2020 debate, President Donald Trump tried to press his rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, on an intriguing financial transaction: $3.5 million invested in a fund controlled by Biden’s son. Though Hunter Biden is better known for drug addiction and overall instability than business acumen, Elena Baturina, the widow of Yuri Luzhkov, longtime mayor of Moscow and confidant of Vladimir Putin, for some reason saw wisdom in pouring Russian money into a Hunter venture. 

If Biden had been the Republican in the race, Trump would not have had to raise the question. The media would already have been asking it incessantly. The animating question of the campaign would have been why, when President Barack Obama made his vice president the point-man on administration policy regarding such countries as Russia, Ukraine, and China, people connected to those notoriously corrupt regimes suddenly thought it expedient to pay Biden’s ne’er-do-well son millions upon millions of dollars.

But Biden was the Democrat in the race. The media-Democrat complex, far from haranguing him until he answered such questions, was sure to help him deflect. In fact, an establishment-friendly assortment of former intelligence officials baselessly floated the notion that damning data on a computer that patently belonged to Hunter might be Russian disinformation. The press dutifully ran with it. 

So, in response to Trump, Biden parroted the disinformation dodge, dismissed his opponent as a "clown," and posed as if the Hunter questions were not worth dignifying with answers.

The tables have turned.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/questions-media-hunter-biden-dad-andrew-mccarthy

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think Hunter has other evidence of coordination or collusion that are not on the seized laptop that he could destroy?

The Rep is on the Judiciary Committee, I believe he should know what he is talking about.

First, I concede the Reps tweet wasn't limited to the laptop in question.  My bad.

But to answer your question directly, I doubt it, but then, I don't think there was a "cover-up" in the first place. 

In fact, I think the very idea is wacko.  A conspiracy among whom and to what end? 

Unless and until the Rep can at least speculate on the latter, I think it's just a cheap political stunt to keep Hunter in the news. They should be focusing on investigating any possible crimes acts committed  by Hunter, not promoting the idea of a "cover-up" that never happened.  That's a red herring.

Edited by homersapien

49 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I concede the Reps tweet wasn't limited to the laptop in question.  My bad.

But to answer your question directly, I doubt it, but then, I don't think there was a "cover-up" in the first place. 

In fact, I think the very idea is wacko.  A conspiracy among whom and to what end? 

Unless and until the Rep can at least speculate on the latter, I think it's just a cheap political stunt to keep Hunter in the news. They should be focusing on investigating any possible crimes acts committed  by Hunter, not promoting the idea of a "cover-up" that never happened.  That's a red herring.

The word *coverup* is not used in the normal sense. In this instance it is used as the press covering up the existence of the laptop.  New details are coming out about the finances of the Biden family and questions have to be answered.  Nothing with any teeth have emerged, so far, about Joe himself, but there is some smoke.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, bigbird said:

What wrongdoing on the part of Joe Biden has been exposed by information on that laptop?  Nothing that I have read about.  You have a laptop that is obtained by supporters of one candidate that allegedly implicates the son of another candidate in possible wrongdoing of some kind or, at the very least, questionable decisions being made. 

There is no chain of custody and there is no way to prove, without lengthy investigation, that information on the laptop wasn't engineered by the people that could benefit from it being shared with the world.  The decision isn't as cut and dry as some want to make it seem.

One thing is certain, the playbook of the far right hasn't changed. Muddy the water with a laundry list of might be and could be and deflect any discussion of their candidate's behavior.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What wrongdoing on the part of Joe Biden has been exposed by information on that laptop?  Nothing that I have read about.  You have a laptop that is obtained by supporters of one candidate that allegedly implicates the son of another candidate in possible wrongdoing of some kind or, at the very least, questionable decisions being made. 

There is no chain of custody and there is no way to prove, without lengthy investigation, that information on the laptop wasn't engineered by the people that could benefit from it being shared with the world.  The decision isn't as cut and dry as some want to make it seem.

So what is your answer to my question?

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So what is your answer to my question?

If it was merely for political reasons, yes.  However, given the fact that the other candidate has a history of engineering and having others engineer reasons to investigate his political rivals, I can understand not taking the word of the RNC or whatever Trump affiliate acquired the laptop.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The word *coverup* is not used in the normal sense. In this instance it is used as the press covering up the existence of the laptop.  New details are coming out about the finances of the Biden family and questions have to be answered.  Nothing with any teeth have emerged, so far, about Joe himself, but there is some smoke.

All the press were involved, or just all of the press that aren't blatantly right wing? :rolleyes:

Does that really sound feasible to you? :ucrazy:

Got any supporting evidence that suggest that any given news organization was participating in a "cover up"?

This is classic "tin foil hat" stuff.  :laugh:   :ucrazy:

Edited by homersapien

And the entire MSM Screaming Russians!!! Russians!!! Russians!!! for four years was what?

Still no Sedition, Treason, nor Collusion arrests even though we were told that night after night after night for four years.

Who is really wearing tin foil hats? Seriously.

Is it the people that have waited a year or more for the laptop story to develop?
Or is it those that breathlessly speculated endlessly about every single aspect of the Russians!!! Russians!!! Russians!!! story for four years that ultimately fell apart and didnt go anywhere near where we were guaranteed it would by almost every member of the media and members of this forum?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

All the press were involved, or just all of the press that aren't blatantly right wing? :rolleyes:

Does that really sound feasible to you? :ucrazy:

Got any supporting evidence that suggest that any given news organization was participating in a "cover up"?

This is classic "tin foil hat" stuff.  :laugh:   :ucrazy:

Wow, just wow! Your left wing cult really has you brainwashed worse than I thought imaginable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NYPost: Here's a Dozen Times Joe Biden Played a Role in Hunter's Deals

Posted on 4/7/22 at 9:57 am
up vote41down vote0
bkm1.png
https://nypost.com/2022/04/06/heres-a-dozen-times-joe-biden-played-a-role-in-hunters-deals/

1. Hunter Biden got his dad to write a recommendation letter to Brown University for the son of a powerful Chinese business associate, Jonathan Li.

2. Hunter Biden also arranged for his dad to write a letter to Georgetown University — Hunter’s alma mater — on behalf of Li’s daughter.

3. Hunter Biden acknowledged in a 2019 New Yorker magazine article that he and his dad once discussed Hunter’s job on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings, which paid him as much as $83,333 a month when Joe Biden was vice president under President Barack ­Obama.

4.?In December 2013, Hunter and his daughter, Finnegan Biden, traveled to China on Air Force Two with then-Vice President Joe Biden during an official, six-day trip to Asia. Joe Biden met with Chinese President Xi Jinping and other officials — and also met with Li in the lobby of the hotel where the American delegation was staying.

5. In a 2019 text message to his daughter Naomi, Hunter Biden bitterly wrote, “I hope you all can do what I did and pay for everything for this entire family for 30 years.” He added, “It’s ­really hard. But don’t worry, ­unlike Pop [Joe], I won’t make you give me half your salary.”

6. As vice president, Joe Biden met with Hunter Biden business partner Devon Archer in April 2014, around the same time that Archer joined the Burisma board and shortly before Hunter Biden did. A photo that surfaced more than five years later reportedly shows Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and Archer posing with golf clubs on a course in the Hamptons in August 2014.

7. Vadym Pozharskyi, a Burisma exec and adviser to its board, sent Hunter Biden an April 17, 2015, e-mail that said, “Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure.”

8. One day earlier, Joe Biden attended a dinner at Washington DC’s Cafe Milano with some of his son’s business associates from Ukraine, Russia and ­Kazakhstan including Kazakhstani banking oligarch Kenes “Kenges” Rakishev and Karim Massimov, a former prime minister of Kazakhstan.

9.?Former Hunter Biden business partner Tony Bobulinski revealed in October 2020 that he spoke with Joe Biden in May 2017 after being introduced by Hunter, who reportedly described Bobulinski as “the one who’s helping us with the business we’re doing with the Chinese.”

According to Bobulinski — who has identified Joe Biden as “the big guy” with a 10 percent share in a planned deal with CEFC China Energy — the former vice president told him, “Keep an eye on my son and brother and look out for my family.”

10.?E-mails show that in September 2017, Hunter Biden asked for a new sign and additional keys to an office he was renting in Washington DC. The sign was to say, “The Biden Foundation and Hudson West (CEFC-US)” and the keys were for his father, stepmother Jill Biden, uncle James Biden and a Chinese executive named Gongwen Dong.

11. In 2015, then-Vice President Joe Biden hosted a group of his son’s Mexican business associates at the vice president’s official residence and posed for a photo with Hunter Biden and a group of possible business partners, including Mexican billionaires Carlos Slim and Miguel Alemán Velasco.

12. In 2016, e-mails indicate that Hunter Biden messaged Velasco’s son from Air Force Two, which was en route to Mexico for an official visit. Hunter complained to the younger Velasco that he hadn’t received reciprocal business favors after “I have brought every single person you have ever asked me to bring to the F’ing White House and the Vice President’s house and the inauguration.”
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1