Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

I'm already nervous, these tourney games turn me into a mess.

If we can close out hard and run them off the 3pt line and funnel them into Kessler and the teeth of the D we should be just fine...if the refs don't decide to get tight whistled on our bigs. We'll also need to keep their guards off the boards and be ready to attack the long rebound opportunities. JMO

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we can close out hard and run them off the 3pt line and funnel them into Kessler and the teeth of the D we should be just fine...if the refs don't decide to get tight whistled on our bigs. 

Agreed. Looking for Flan, KD, and Zep to play some aggressive defense. They have zero size so if we can get rebounds off the miss and get some fast break points and get Kessler involved inside, we really shouldn't have any issues beating Miami.

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If we can close out hard and run them off the 3pt line and funnel them into Kessler and the teeth of the D we should be just fine...if the refs don't decide to get tight whistled on our bigs. 

As long as their big man (pwr Frwd) doesn't hit a high percentage from outside as well forcing Kessler away from the block.  I'm sure that's what they are trying to make happen.  

• Like 1

I liked how loose we played 1st round.  That reminded me of early season.  I hope they play like that again.  As Pearl said, like they are champions. 

99 tourney wins for Coach K? OK I hope he wins 1 more.  I mean that's amazing.  Anyways.  Time to get that dub!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Do we play a bunch of zone tonight?

I would think it's matchup dependent. Miami has actual snipers. We'd have to be getting murdered on penetration to try that out 

• Like 1