Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bro you don't go 27-5 and win a regular season conference title getting out coached all season. This whole Bruce sucks mentality when we have bad games gets a little old. Does he have plenty of things he can improve and get better at? Yes, but was he outcoached all season? No. This team was predicted to not be very good and basically be middle of the pack in the conference, we wind a regular season championship and we're a 2 seed

We are becoming an unlikable fan base. 

Kessler and Jabari both aren’t ready for the NBA.  Both SHOULD come back and get better.  They clearly have some glaring deficiencies in their game that will be blatantly exposed at the pro level just like they were tonight.  

• Like 1

Story of this game:

1. Jabari Smith's last game in college saw him shooting very, very poorly.  Actually terrible, TBH.  A normal shooting night from him puts us even with a chance to win at the end.

2. Walker Kessler played like a kitten.  Meow.  He is not a 1st round NBA draft pick.

Edited by MaxCohen216

Just now, DAG said:

What? Jabari is going to be the #1 pick arguably . Don’t be a victim of the moment. 

I said what I said and I stand by it.  He’s got some things he could easily work on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishnvet1 said:

Watch the game. Guys standing around. Guards have to create. No other options.  

This is very true. Flanigan and Zep are really the only ones running flex offense cuts. It’s been that way all season. 

Miami is focused and tuned in. They are able to anticipate every pass. Sometimes it happens like that. I just hate it happened against us.

I had a great time with y'all this year. Thanks for making the basketball threads fun, everyone. War Eagle!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2

It is what is it is. Team did well and wasn’t expected to do much in the SEC. It’s just disappointing every single loss was to the same tune can’t make 3s and turnovers. Take away one or the other and u probably have a different outcome

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Some of you all need to chill. It's disappointing yes. But how many of you all had us winning the SEC this year? Yes, Bruce has some things to work on but at the same time it's clear as time went on this team had deficiencies at very important areas. 

We had a great season in spite of not having good guard play. You can be disappointed and even mad, but to trash our coach, C'MON! 

I think what’s frustrating is the tourney is what counts and we’ve laid an egg. Losing record our last 10 games hasn’t helped either. 

No explanation for Jabari, but I don't think Walker is healthy. Great season, sad ending. We win with Jabari and Kessler playing like they did all year.

This team talked sh*t all season long and is just going to lie down and let Miami beat us when it count the most. Undisciplined af.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Fishnvet1 said:

Watch the game. Guys standing around. Guards have to create. No other options.  

It's a coaching thing to me. You have allowed these guards to freeze out the bigs. Jaylin does what he does in the first half and gets what...1 three all second half? One layup attempt where he had the heart and athleticism to go collect the rebound almost as soon as he let the ball go

We had Kessler in playing 8 feet off the guards (out of necessity, because he's ******* 7'10 defending a 6'0 foot guy) and they just get wide open shots. Why in the name of everything holy would Bruce Pearl allow their guards to do a layup line vs Walker Kessler who can't even run with those dudes, I have no idea. We got down what, 10 points before he took him out????

• Like 1